Glossybox January 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Thanks doll.  It seems like it'll spark a good convo, probably worth it's own thread. 
You are welcome :)  I think these special boxes generally merit their own thread. 

Quote: Originally Posted by dancersmum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  What do you think of the newest Glossybox for men?

http://campaigns.glossybox.com/us/mens_glossybox/?mid=us.newsletter.glossybox.20140107shopopenmanbox.me&cc=The+perfect+gift+for+your+Valentine+A+box+of+products+that+takes+the+guesswork+out+of+grooming.+Give&utm_medium=email&rid=UGKL7XD-NW217F4&utm_campaign=us_20140107_mix_me_shopopenmanbox+&utm_source=newsletter&m2u=W8502JM-W7A4676-AD2WLP

I'm not sure my guy would use these goodies...will have to do some research!

• BVLGARI Cologne - deluxe sample I think
  • Nuxe Men Eye Cream - looks full size - sells on amazon for $26.8
  • Redken for Men Texturizing Clay - sells at ulta for $19 but is often on sale
  • Redken for Men Shampoo 
  • Sisley Moisturizer - looks like a small sample
  • Zirh Pre-Shave Oil - amazon sells this for $13.99
Its not looking like its amazing value...think I might pass on this one.
That BVLGARI mens smells fantastic.  I got a little spray from Sephora order a while back and it was my stepsons favorite.  So good! That BVLGARI full size sells for a ridiculous amount..$90 I think.  So, it would be at least 1/8 size I would think.  That is the only think I would want though.  I think NUXE uses too much fragrance, and we don't use Redken products.  

Quote: Originally Posted by Momsgotmail /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  That BVLGARI mens smells fantastic.  I got a little spray from Sephora order a while back and it was my stepsons favorite.  So good! That BVLGARI full size sells for a ridiculous amount..$90 I think.  So, it would be at least 1/8 size I would think.  That is the only think I would want though.  I think NUXE uses too much fragrance, and we don't use Redken products.  

I wasn't impressed when I saw the products listed on Instagram. The only thing I thought he'd like was the cologne, but dang! I'm not getting him hooked on something that expensive. I got him one of the David Beckham cologne kits for Christmas and it was about $20 for the entire kit and he loves the smell.

I just cancelled GB last month, even though I actually really loved that month's box, because I hadn't been too happy with a few of the previous boxes. But I have wanted to try the beauty blender for a long time, so I might resub for that! I don't want to re-sub until they release at least one other spoiler, though (and my fingers are also crossed for a coupon code).

Quote: Originally Posted by Emmny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just cancelled GB last month, even though I actually really loved that month's box, because I hadn't been too happy with a few of the previous boxes. But I have wanted to try the beauty blender for a long time, so I might resub for that! I don't want to re-sub until they release at least one other spoiler, though (and my fingers are also crossed for a coupon code).
Do you know how many spoilers they normally release? This is only my 2nd GB and I didn't see any spoilers last month before ordering.

Quote: Originally Posted by Emmny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Use the coupon code FANFAV for a free lipstick!

I'm waiting for some other good spoiler or a better code. I like my foundation brushes much better than any sponge I've tried, so I'm not jumping on this over the Beauty Blender. My 6-month sub ran out with the December box, but a code for a free lipstick won't do it for me - I have about 40 un-opened lipsticks in my possession already (this is also indicative of my massive beauty product stash, and a sign that I PROBABLY don't need to be re-subbing to GB anyway...but whatever). If they release a % off code for a package sub, like 6 months (or even a whole year), I'll do it.

Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Do you know how many spoilers they normally release? This is only my 2nd GB and I didn't see any spoilers last month before ordering.
Last month I think they released three spoilers, and it's usually between 2-3.

Quote: Originally Posted by rachelshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by probablyedible /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was under the impression that the FANFAV code was only for the 3, 6, or 12 month sub so I didn't use the code sadly.  I did however just emailed them seeing if they can fix my mistake of not entering in the promo code.  Worst that can happen is them telling me the code is not valid for month to month sub.
Hmmm, perhaps I will email and ask about that too! I used a living social voucher, so there wasn't anywhere else for me to put in the code.

I wouldn't hold your breath...I did that a few months ago (emailed them and said that I had not entered a code when I had JUST purchased a sub, and asked if they could add the code on for me) and they just very unhelpfully told me that codes have to be entered at checkout. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was extra sad because i had just bought a 6 month sub...they coudln't have added the code on for me, after such a big purchase? ugh.

Quote: Originally Posted by puppymomofthree /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  New Spoiler
Dang it!  You are too quick for me!  I was just coming here to post this!  I am excited for this product.  My skin is so dry, I can feel it drying out as the day goes on!!!

Skipping my Blush Mystery Box this month...trying to decide if I'm going to gift myself another Glossy Box and I just can't decide yet...hoping the next spoiler makes up my mind for me. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I tried to sign back up with the code FANFAV, it says they have exceeded the maximum number of uses :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
oh no, i was just about to go use it!  that sucks :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I tried to sign back up with the code FANFAV, it says they have exceeded the maximum number of uses :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Try contacting glossybox via FB and email.  That code is good until tomorrow...

I am really excited for this month!  yeah

Quote: Originally Posted by luckyme502 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Dang it!  You are too quick for me!  I was just coming here to post this!  I am excited for this product.  My skin is so dry, I can feel it drying out as the day goes on!!!
He He!  I think it is my first time posting something first like that!  I am allergic to most creams/lotions, but I am sure I will find someone to pass it along to.

Quote: Originally Posted by biancardi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Try contacting glossybox via FB and email.  That code is good until tomorrow...

I am really excited for this month!  yeah
I am sure they will say it was good as long as supplies lasted, they've said that before when a coupon code I used wasn't honored. But at that time they didn't put to notice that I just got when you entered the code.

Booo my face hates Vichy! Oh well... you win some, you lose some. And this one will pay for the whole box on Ebay.

Latest posts

Back