Glossybox January 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know if I gift a one time box to someone, will they get the next months box, or will it be like a sampler box?

poo! i meant to sign up when there was a livingsocial deal out. i'll just have to live the beautyblender dreams through all of you!

Perfect timing! I was just about to buy a second Beauty Blender... which means I have now officially never purchased one.

Certain beauty items, like the BB and Chella highlighter -- I wonder how the companies make money because they give out so many free ones!

All Chella has to do now is come out with a 3-pack of mini highlighter pencils, one in the original color, one that's a little pinker, and one that's a little lighter in slight variations of shimmer...and

HELP ME HELP YOU CHELLA

I'm buying a gift box for myself for January because well... 15 (-2.75 with ebates?!) for another beauty blender (backup) and other bonus items seems like a no brainer. 

Quote: Originally Posted by panicked /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  All Chella has to do now is come out with a 3-pack of mini highlighter pencils, one in the original color, one that's a little pinker, and one that's a little lighter in slight variations of shimmer...and

HELP ME HELP YOU CHELLA

Oh my gosh, I read this too quickly and just spent a few minutes on the Chella site looking for this mythical 3-pack, came back here and.. d'oh. 

I would love that, especially considering as the 'ivory lace' color is the exact same color as my skin so doesn't really work as a highlighter. I love the idea of it but whenever I try to use it, no dice. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Sunflowercake /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This might actually make me want to subscribe again. And I still get a free box!!
I'm thinking the same thing, looks like it will be a good month. Last January was my favorite box.

Thank you both so much! I'm definitely going to be subscribing this month because the Beauty Blender is already worth the entire cost of the box. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
So true! I'm considering a second box. Is that crazy?

Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyC /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So true! I'm considering a second box. Is that crazy?
Nah, I bought a gift box for myself... lol

Quote: Originally Posted by sparklegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If anyone has extra glossy boxes I would love to trade for some. Please pm me!
yeah, i desperately want the boxes too XD

Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  yeah, i desperately want the boxes too XD
Do you ladies mean the actual pink BOX? 

Quote: Originally Posted by kgus22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Does anyone know if I gift a one time box to someone, will they get the next months box, or will it be like a sampler box?
I think it will be for whatever month you sign them up for. Best bet, email/call CS to double check :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I don't think they do sampler boxes. 

Okay yesterday I signed up for Glossybox because I was going to buy a BeautyBlender and saw every box was going to get one so I signed up. I am not in the financial position to have a Glossy box , Birchbox , and Ipsy so I need opinions ! Do you girlies think I should cancel BB & Ipsy ? What do Glossyboxes consist of ? Makeup ? skincare ? Thank you !

I caved and signed up..for 6 months.  I really hope it's worth it.  The Beauty Blender got me...foundation is something I need to invest more time with so hoping the blender helps...I mean with all these people going crazy over a sponge, it's gotta make it easier and look better!

Quote: Originally Posted by sparklegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyC /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you ladies mean the actual pink BOX? 

Yes, I'm looking for the empty boxes! I am pretty sure I have some stashed away. I'll let you know :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by leslieee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Okay yesterday I signed up for Glossybox because I was going to buy a BeautyBlender and saw every box was going to get one so I signed up. I am not in the financial position to have a Glossy box , Birchbox , and Ipsy so I need opinions ! Do you girlies think I should cancel BB & Ipsy ? What do Glossyboxes consist of ? Makeup ? skincare ? Thank you !

This was the blurb I wrote on my referral link honeypot site:

Quote: What you get: Five mid- to high-end products, often full-size or generously sized, in a nicely presented, reusable cardboard box.

Cost: $21/month (including shipping) for an auto-renewing, cancel anytime plan, or less per month if you purchase a subscription.

Brands: Ardency Inn, Nails Inc., Emite, Vincent Longo, NickaK, Nioxin, Michael Todd, Aloe Source, Mastey, Oceane, Anatomicals, Naobay, Novex, Sesha, Fresh, Bvlgari, Be a Bombshell, Sulawahsoo, Tarte, Jelly Pong Pong, Dr. Hunter's, Wink, BCBG Max Azria, Kryolan, Sue Devitt, and more. 

Notes: Glossybox is a more costly subscription than most, but the difference is reflected in the brands and the sizes of the samples. As a general rule, everything is generously sized or full sized, and they don't include drugstore brands. The contents are typically a balanced mix of hair, color cosmetic, nail, and body care products. You can't buy the products you sample directly from Glossybox, but they often include discount codes for purchasing from the manufacturer. You can receive points for reviewing products and referrals and redeem them for free Glossyboxes, but it takes a while to collect enough points. Every month, all subscribers receive three items that are the same as everyone else, and then 2 out of the 4 or so remaining products.

Signing up: Sign up at glossybox.com.  Also, don't forget to sign up for and use Ebates to receive additional discounts at this site.

If you can stand it, I'd hold on to your Ipsy and BB subs for another month until you get the box and see if it's worth the extra money to you.

Back