Sign in to follow this  
MUfiend

Sample Society January 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethanys View Post

I'm getting Kit D.  I noticed that my total this time is $16.05, last month it was just $15.  This is only my second box-is the total not exactly the same every month like with Ipsy and Birchbox?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld View Post

The box is always $15, but some states charge sales tax on some boxes.

And some states that did not charge sales tax started doing so as of January 1st.

One thing that is weird is that when you get a gift subscription, it doesn't say which kit you are getting!  Funny.  I really hope I am getting kit D, because I want the fertilizer!

I joined in August and I always was charged $16.05.  I'm getting Kit E, hoping for the 

Stila lipstick

Celebrity perfume, feh!!! And no doubt everyone will get it. At the risk of sounding snobbish, I can't stand the celebrity brands, most of them have no real depth or smell synthetic. That Oscar de la Renta everyone was complaining about a year or so ago (which I actually like!) has more character.

Sad not to be getting the item I really wanted,

the Stila lipstick.  Seems like I rarely get the lipstick in my subs, I wonder why? I love it so!  lol

Box "D" for me also......... Normally, I get box "A" but a switch for this month. I'm excited for the top 3 items on the spoiler list but still kind of bummed about not getting the "lip" product because I love that type of sample (well, except for last month's... yuck)!

I have yet to receive a single cosmetic item from SS, and this is my 6th month. Wonder what I can do to tweak my beauty profile? I do prefer skincare, generally, but it would be nice to get a pretty surprise once in awhile!

Per the FAQs on Sample Society you can't change your profile.  I am disappointed as I really am not wild about the fragrance sample.  Seems like my original idea to cancel will be the right choice.

More often than not I get Kit B.  I've gotten 1 Kit C and 1 Kit D before, but this time I am getting Kit E.  

This is my first Kit E to date.

I'm hoping for the Butter London fertilizer as opposed to the cuticle oil.  I already have a mostly full cuticle oil from Julep that rarely gets used. I'm also hoping not to receive the Stila lippy since I already have it in that same color!

Kit B, I didn't see this one posted yet :)

Butter London Horse Power Nail Fertilizer

StriVectin Eye Concentrate for Wrinkles

Orlane Paris Extreme Line reducing Lip Care

Stila Cosmetics Deluxe Color Balm Lipstick in Vivienne

Tocca Eau de Parfume- Margaux

butter london cuticle strivectin - something perfect [she was speaking fast so missed this, i think it was present perfect or private perfect?] jane iredale lip and cheek - forever pink philosophy hope in a jar nicole richie perfume 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mks8372 View Post

Yay!  Thanks for posting.  I was hoping for cuticle oil over nail fertilizer but maybe I can swap it with someone.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfan View Post

butter london cuticle strivectin - something perfect [she was speaking fast so missed this, i think it was present perfect or private perfect?] jane iredale lip and cheek - forever pink philosophy hope in a jar nicole richie perfume 

Thanks for posting! I'm excited about the first item, but everything else will be given away :(

Celebrity perfume, feh!!! And no doubt everyone will get it. At the risk of sounding snobbish, I can't stand the celebrity brands, most of them have no real depth or smell synthetic. That Oscar de la Renta everyone was complaining about a year or so ago (which I actually like!) has more character.
I generally agree, but I have gotten the Nicole Richie perfume before in some box and it was OK. Not the best ever, but OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akritenbrink View Post

I generally agree, but I have gotten the Nicole Richie perfume before in some box and it was OK. Not the best ever, but OK.

I've gotten a sample of it before too. I didn't want to buy it, but I liked it well enough to use up the sample.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mks8372 View Post

Thanks, I'm getting kit B too. 

[spoiler=Warning: Spoiler! for kit e]butter london cuticle strivectin - something perfect [she was speaking fast so missed this, i think it was present perfect or private perfect?] jane iredale lip and cheek - forever pink philosophy hope in a jar nicole richie perfume 

I'm getting this kit. I'm kinda sad because I already have a couple of these items and the ones I don't already have I'm not overly interested in. I've always loved Sample Society but last month was a bust for me and it looks like this month will be too.

Does anyone know if you cancel and renew do they keep in mind the samples you received in your previous boxes?  I canceled a few months ago because I had too many samples I needed to use up.  I like many of the things they have this month but some of them are dupes for me.  I don't want to renew and get a box with 3 of the items I've received before (like kit E).