Sample Society January 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by torijill /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I e-mailed about the backordered Kit C, and I am getting:

[SIZE=medium]Butter London Handbag Cuticle Oil, Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Eau de Toilette Sample, StriVectin Present Perfect, Orlane Paris Extreme Line Reducing Lip Care, and Stila Cosmetics Deluxe Beso Stay All Day Liquid Lip.[/SIZE]
DOH! I got that last one from birchbox already! I love it but I don't need two of the same color lol. Hopefully they send out different colors.

I got the $5 credit too, which is nice. The thing is, I already had TWO of that sample already, since they messed up my box that month and sent me one wrong sample, so they sent me a whole new box. Oh well. Now I can really, really tell if I like that product or not, lol

Quote: Originally Posted by LaStupenda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got the $5 credit too, which is nice. The thing is, I already had TWO of that sample already, since they messed up my box that month and sent me one wrong sample, so they sent me a whole new box. Oh well. Now I can really, really tell if I like that product or not, lol
How long have you been a subscriber? I'm a little perturbed that I received a duplicate sample in the 4 months I've had an account so I hope this isn't a recurring thing.

This month will be my first month and i'm pretty excited! I'm getting Kit E. How often do they send out perfume samples? Slowly, I have lost all of my atomizers and make a mess of those vials when they don't have a spray top. It would have been nice to receive the horse power instead of the cuticle oil since I've been searching for something to help strengthen my nails, but I'll be looking out for it to show up on someone's trade thread now =) Can someone comment on how it compares to Julep's Oxygen treatment?

In my experience, perfume might be sent out three or four times a year. I'm one of the rare birds who doesn't mind perfume samples!

My box didn't work out for me this month, but my mom is very excited about the Horsepower. I tried and tossed the Nicole Richie fragrance -- it was a little too sweet for my taste. I'm a little more excited about the Strivectin eye cream now that I hear it's a Best of Beauty winner, but there's something about the Strivectin line and packaging that makes me feel old and saggy, even though I haven't had to deal with that yet (I'm in my 30s). I do like M+G, but I'm drowning in moisturizer at the moment, so I'm not sure when I'll get around to it. To assuage my disappointment, I bought a Stila Color Balm in Sonya, which is lovely. 
patches.gif

Last night I added a couple pumps of my regular cleanser (Cetaphil) to the powder Dermatolgica exfoliant I received last month and liked the results a lot. It makes it a lot easier to apply/use.

Quote: Originally Posted by misroule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  They are giving me a $5 credit which will apply to my next box. I have to say, their customer service is very prompt and friendly. I'm impressed.

You're very lucky! I had that happen last month and was more or less told "too bad, so sad."

"The Sample Society is an amazing program that we have that gives our customers a chance to sample some of the products that we have on our site.  Although, we do try to provide different monthlysamples there may be a time when you receive a duplicate product based on an overwhelming response to the selection.  But trust us, there are more wonderful products in store for Sample Society kit that I'm sure you will love."

I had hoped sample society would fill the void that glossybox left. I'm sad that it looks like it won't be that way. 

I got mine today (KIt E) and I just don't care much for it, unfortunately. THe perfume smells pretty good. I like the shampoo (have used it before) but I hate getting a shampoo sample without the conditioner, so it'll just get put aside until I find a matching conditioner. The strivectin will be used. The Orlane lip stuff is pretty blah (I dn't have lines on my lips, I like anti-aging but unecessary for lips). I have so many cuticle oils that I'm not terribly excited about that, either (but would have been overjoyed about the nail fertilizer). Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

Is there a specific trade thread just for Sample Society stuff? 

I am getting the Stila Lip gloss, but would rather have the lipstick/balm.

I got my box this morning and guess what?!?  My Orlane Line Reducing Lip Care product is just a box - NO product in it!  

This is 2 months I have had issues (last month I got 2 dry shampoos and one of them busted open all over the box).  

Going to give them a call this time.  

Back