Sample Society January 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by mks8372 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Kit B, I didn't see this one posted yet :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Butter London Horse Power Nail Fertilizer

StriVectin Eye Concentrate for Wrinkles

Orlane Paris Extreme Line reducing Lip Care

Stila Cosmetics Deluxe Color Balm Lipstick in Vivienne

Tocca Eau de Parfume- Margaux
Yay!  Thanks for posting.  I was hoping for cuticle oil over nail fertilizer but maybe I can swap it with someone.  

Quote: Originally Posted by Disneyfan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  butter london cuticle strivectin - something perfect [she was speaking fast so missed this, i think it was present perfect or private perfect?] jane iredale lip and cheek - forever pink philosophy hope in a jar nicole richie perfume 
Thanks for posting! I'm excited about the first item, but everything else will be given away :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Bummer. I'm getting kit D as well, and I would have been happier with B or E. Oh well, box envy.

Celebrity perfume, feh!!! And no doubt everyone will get it. At the risk of sounding snobbish, I can't stand the celebrity brands, most of them have no real depth or smell synthetic. That Oscar de la Renta everyone was complaining about a year or so ago (which I actually like!) has more character.
I generally agree, but I have gotten the Nicole Richie perfume before in some box and it was OK. Not the best ever, but OK.

Quote: Originally Posted by akritenbrink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I generally agree, but I have gotten the Nicole Richie perfume before in some box and it was OK. Not the best ever, but OK.
I've gotten a sample of it before too. I didn't want to buy it, but I liked it well enough to use up the sample.

Kit B, I didn't see this one posted yet :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks, I'm getting kit B too. 

butter london cuticle strivectin - something perfect [she was speaking fast so missed this, i think it was present perfect or private perfect?] jane iredale lip and cheek - forever pink philosophy hope in a jar nicole richie perfume 
I'm getting this kit. I'm kinda sad because I already have a couple of these items and the ones I don't already have I'm not overly interested in. I've always loved Sample Society but last month was a bust for me and it looks like this month will be too.

Does anyone know if you cancel and renew do they keep in mind the samples you received in your previous boxes?  I canceled a few months ago because I had too many samples I needed to use up.  I like many of the things they have this month but some of them are dupes for me.  I don't want to renew and get a box with 3 of the items I've received before (like kit E).

Kinda pissed I'm getting a duplicate sample from my October box. I'm gonna call them. That's just stupid

Quote: Originally Posted by Charity1217 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Does anyone know if you cancel and renew do they keep in mind the samples you received in your previous boxes?  I canceled a few months ago because I had too many samples I needed to use up.  I like many of the things they have this month but some of them are dupes for me.  I don't want to renew and get a box with 3 of the items I've received before (like kit E).

They don't,  I cancelled and then resubbed a while back and I received duplicate items.  The customer service reps. that I spoke to said that if you cancel and then resubscribe its like your subscription starts all over so you are likely to get repeats.

They don't,  I cancelled and then resubbed a while back and I received duplicate items.  The customer service reps. that I spoke to said that if you cancel and then resubscribe its like your subscription starts all over so you are likely to get repeats.
What's interesting is that I am getting 2 repeat items in my Kit E that I have already received from Sample Society without ever even canceling my subscription before. Kind of a bummer. This is what I needed though to push me over the edge; I ended up canceling last night. I love Sample Society but I have many Sample Society products that I really need to use up before accumulating more.

Wow, I really hope I get kit B, this is everything I want!!  I wish I knew what kit I was getting, but it just says gift sub....I wonder if I called would they be able to tell me?

Quote: Originally Posted by Momsgotmail /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Wow, I really hope I get kit B, this is everything I want!!  I wish I knew what kit I was getting, but it just says gift sub....I wonder if I called would they be able to tell me?
its worth a shot, I have had good luck when calling their customer service so far to find out what's in my box.....and if you don't get what you are hoping for, it seems that many products make a return appearance in future months...

its worth a shot, I have had good luck when calling their customer service so far to find out what's in my box.....and if you don't get what you are hoping for, it seems that many products make a return appearance in future months...
Yes, I called, and from their end they could tell me I was getting kit D. 

Well, I am not getting my first choice kit, which had the EVERYTHING I wanted.  But I will be satisfied that I am getting a nail fertilizer!!  The Strivectin products aren't new to me, but I will use them.

Quote: Originally Posted by Verissmd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Booo I want kit B!
Me too!  I am trying so hard not to have super box envy.  It comes around and goes around though.  I will be thankful I am not getting more hope in a jar.

Got my box (Kit B) !

Back