Sample Society January 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Got my box (Kit B) !

Wow! This is a great month. I'm getting the same box arriving today, I think. Those sample sizes are pretty great.

Quote: Originally Posted by evildrporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow! This is a great month. I'm getting the same box arriving today, I think. Those sample sizes are pretty great.
I'm very pleased.  Although I am swapping the nail item for cuticle oil.

Is anyone else supposed to be getting Kit C? Mine originally said it was shipping 1/6. Then 1/9. Today when I had neither an email notice nor an updated dashboard, I called Beautybar and was told it's on backorder!

The same thing happened to me--I'm also Kit C. Hopefully, we're getting something that's worth the wait.

I'm very pleased.  Although I am swapping the nail item for cuticle oil.
I'm wondering if I should do that too. Was hoping for the oil so of course I didn't. Hmmm...choices, choices.

I'm sad that I'm getting the cuticle oil! I have two full bottles of cuticle oils plus a balm and a salve...and I really need the nail fertilizer...sigh. Oh well, guess I'll use my coupon code. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by MUfiend /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm wondering if I should do that too. Was hoping for the oil so of course I didn't. Hmmm...choices, choices.
I somehow am blessed with naturally, strong nails, despite my fine and ultra thin hair.  I have no need for nail strengtheners.  I will get tons of use out of cuticle oil.  So I'm happy to trade.

I somehow am blessed with naturally, strong nails, despite my fine and ultra thin hair.  I have no need for nail strengtheners.  I will get tons of use out of cuticle oil.  So I'm happy to trade.
I think we were separated at birth! My hair is pretty thin but my nails can be used as weapons and grow like weeds. I've even cut myself with them accidentally. Also use them as screwdrivers....so not good.

I think we were separated at birth! My hair is pretty thin but my nails can be used as weapons and grow like weeds. I've even cut myself with them accidentally. Also use them as screwdrivers....so not good.
Ha too funny! Same here, mine were my defense against an older brother who thought his two younger sisters were a tag team wrestling team when we were kids. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ha too funny! Same here, mine were my defense against an older brother who thought his two younger sisters were a tag team wrestling team when we were kids. 

I must be your dark double! I have strong, thick hair, but my poor nails are weak, thin, they peel and break so easily... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Sample Society cancelled by January box after I cancelled my subscription 5 days ago. I was expecting to still get the current box. My account shows it as ordered and cancelled. This works out great for me; I already own 2 of the products that were coming in my Kit E, I have a dupe for a 3rd product, and wasn't interested in the other 2. It was this box that finally caused me to pull the plug after much debate. I'm happy for now. Eventually I may come back to Sample Society once I have used up some of the products I already have :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've only had two Sample Society boxes, and both have been all skin care items except for one makeup item.  Is this typical with Sample Society? Even though the products are nice, and the sizes are good, I'm starting to amass more skin care products than I can possibly use, and I was hoping for more makeup items when I subscribed. Is this sub always more focused on skin care?

Quote: Originally Posted by Bethanys /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I've only had two Sample Society boxes, and both have been all skin care items except for one makeup item.  Is this typical with Sample Society? Even though the products are nice, and the sizes are good, I'm starting to amass more skin care products than I can possibly use, and I was hoping for more makeup items when I subscribed. Is this sub always more focused on skin care?

I think this is my 4th month, and they seem to be less focused on makeup than other beauty boxes. Since October I've gotten a Diego Dalla Palma lipstick sample, a Borghese Splendore Brightening Makeup sample, and an IPKN New York Moist & Firm BB sample in the makeup department. January is the first month I haven't received a makeup sample in my box.

I emailed customer care as I'm getting a duplicate sample this month. Hopefully they'll make it right. Has anyone else had this happen and received a positive outcome?

Quote: Originally Posted by misroule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I emailed customer care as I'm getting a duplicate sample this month. Hopefully they'll make it right. Has anyone else had this happen and received a positive outcome?
They are giving me a $5 credit which will apply to my next box. I have to say, their customer service is very prompt and friendly. I'm impressed.

As of this morning, they still can't figure out where my shipment is, or why it's been backordered. I elected to wait it out a few days, and they issued me a half refund for the trouble.

I e-mailed about the backordered Kit C, and I am getting:

[SIZE=medium]Butter London Handbag Cuticle Oil, Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Eau de Toilette Sample, StriVectin Present Perfect, Orlane Paris Extreme Line Reducing Lip Care, and Stila Cosmetics Deluxe Beso Stay All Day Liquid Lip.[/SIZE]

Quote: Originally Posted by torijill /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I e-mailed about the backordered Kit C, and I am getting:

[SIZE=medium]Butter London Handbag Cuticle Oil, Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Eau de Toilette Sample, StriVectin Present Perfect, Orlane Paris Extreme Line Reducing Lip Care, and Stila Cosmetics Deluxe Beso Stay All Day Liquid Lip.[/SIZE]
Oh good, I hope mine gets in today also! It looks like all the Kit C people are getting theirs late!

Back