Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
redjill

(Spoilers) Julep February 2014

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephstrong View Post

From the Huff Post interview with Jane:

2. Your boyfriend (husband, dad, brother) will steal your beauty products. From the urban hipster and the global metrosexual to the dishy dad, men today aren't afraid to focus on their looks. In 2014, the men in your life will start stealing your beauty products -because they're so ready to leave behind the world of soap-on-a-roap and Head & Shoulders. OK, so maybe men won't start sporting nail polish at the office like we joked last year, but that day may not be far off. Already, men nick their wives' concealer to mask eye circles and wrinkles, especially those looking to appear younger in the workplace. And in 2014, women's skin and hair products will trend toward natural and chemical-free, so men will more willingly borrow cleansers, exfoliating Konjac sponges, creams and conditioners that don't seem 'girly'. We also expect to see the launch of more unisex beauty products that could go either way - men or women.

Uh, WTH?

 

I can't even get my boyfriend to use conditioner unless its a 2 in 1 product, fat chance of him ever going to the trouble of stealing my beauty products, LOL.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
 

 

I can't even get my boyfriend to use conditioner unless its a 2 in 1 product, fat chance of him ever going to the trouble of stealing my beauty products, LOL.

I can't get my husband to use conditioner either.  I finally convinced him last winter to use conditioner on his beard when he showers, and he did, twice.  He said he liked the way it felt, but it was too much for him.  I guess he meant it was another extra step in the shower.  LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried to get my husband to use a scrub and some body butter because he was complaining about dry skin. Yeah it was to much work for him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have tried so hard to get my husband to try my Lush lip scrub.  He is dead-set against it and won't even try it. :rolleyes: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha ya

I can't get my husband to use conditioner either.  I finally convinced him last winter to use conditioner on his beard when he showers, and he did, twice.  He said he liked the way it felt, but it was too much for him.  I guess he meant it was another extra step in the shower.  LOL
I tried to get my husband to use a scrub and some body butter because he was complaining about dry skin. Yeah it was to much work for him
Exactly I feel like not matter how "un-girly" products are my fiancé still won't use them because of the extra steps, he just doesn't wanna deal with it. I just think the whole paragraph is so bizarre, "the dishy dad"??! Haha what?! It would also be a cold day in hell before he borrowed my concealer. But who knows if his office hires a hot new chick he may be inclined to "look younger in the workplace." I know he doesn't represent every guy but this seems a little much, to me and the guys I know at least!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I have tried so hard to get my husband to try my Lush lip scrub.  He is dead-set against it and won't even try it. :rolleyes:  
Oops meant to include you in there too!
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyMoon View Post
 

I have tried so hard to get my husband to try my Lush lip scrub.  He is dead-set against it and won't even try it. :rolleyes: 

Just tell him no more kissing until he sloughs all that gross dead (and scratchy) skin. It worked for me, lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I really liked the satin finish of Mae, so I wouldn't mind more of that finish. I just hope there is a good combo in one of the boxes because this will be 3 in a row for me if I take a box.  Gotta love free polish!
Do you feel like it really showed ridges? Maybe Julep will do a ridge-filler with all the satin and silk and matte finishes. I think it would be cool if they tried to focus on creating more nail-related items I go with the boxes. Maybe like a set of great files for mult purposes with some kind of carrying case, maybe a polish case where the polishes were visible from the outside of the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the beauty product (not sure if this qualifies as a beauty item though) I would like a nail polish thinner to thin out all my thick Julep polishes. Many of them tend to run thick and I could really use some thinner, but if they included that as the beauty item, they may be admitting that some of their formulas are too thick lol :--

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephstrong View Post


Do you feel like it really showed ridges? Maybe Julep will do a ridge-filler with all the satin and silk and matte finishes. I think it would be cool if they tried to focus on creating more nail-related items I go with the boxes. Maybe like a set of great files for mult purposes with some kind of carrying case, maybe a polish case where the polishes were visible from the outside of the case.

I didn't feel like it showed ridges. I liked the satin finish much more than I thought I would.  I haven't tried the silk finish (with Julep) but it seems like it would show ridges more than satin because it has more shimmer to it.

 

I would love it if Julep would do a set of files.  That's a great idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a new Julep subscriber and also hoping for something pink or red for February...Although I'm a bit surprised they did the boudoir collection in January, you'd think that theme would match better with Valentines.

 

When does Julep usually release the colours for the next month?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by lint View Post
 

I'm a new Julep subscriber and also hoping for something pink or red for February...Although I'm a bit surprised they did the boudoir collection in January, you'd think that theme would match better with Valentines.

 

When does Julep usually release the colours for the next month?

The 20th of each month the new collection comes out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New Julep subscriber here, too!  My welcome box was January, so my first "real" box will be February.  I'd really like Valentine's inspired colors: reds, burgundies, pinks, creams.  Maybe even a dove gray.

 

What do you guys think of Julep's top and base coats?  I almost always use base and top coat, but pretty much every brand just wants to peel right off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBadger View Post
 

New Julep subscriber here, too!  My welcome box was January, so my first "real" box will be February.  I'd really like Valentine's inspired colors: reds, burgundies, pinks, creams.  Maybe even a dove gray.

 

What do you guys think of Julep's top and base coats?  I almost always use base and top coat, but pretty much every brand just wants to peel right off.

I find that Julep's base coat has been out of stock for awhile now.

 

The Freedom Polymer top coat is great though.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
New Julep subscriber here, too!  My welcome box was January, so my first "real" box will be February.  I'd really like Valentine's inspired colors: reds, burgundies, pinks, creams.  Maybe even a dove gray. What do you guys think of Julep's top and base coats?  I almost always use base and top coat, but pretty much every brand just wants to peel right off.
I love the freedom polymer topcoat. It makes my nails hard and shiny, and dries super fast...like in 5 minutes I can start using my hands again and not worry about smudges. Haven't used the topcoat.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
New Julep subscriber here, too!  My welcome box was January, so my first "real" box will be February.  I'd really like Valentine's inspired colors: reds, burgundies, pinks, creams.  Maybe even a dove gray. What do you guys think of Julep's top and base coats?  I almost always use base and top coat, but pretty much every brand just wants to peel right off.
I hate their top coat. It causes major shrinkage for me.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I love the freedom polymer topcoat. It makes my nails hard and shiny, and dries super fast...like in 5 minutes I can start using my hands again and not worry about smudges. Haven't used the topcoat.
oh forgot to say what I don't like about it...the black bottle. It's so annoying because I can't see how much is left. Wish they would put it in a clear bottle! I just used it and I think I'm getting to the bottom of the bottle but don't want to toss it if there's still some in there! The bottle design is cute but obnoxious at the same time, it doesn't seem like the brush is long enough to reach the bottom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oh forgot to say what I don't like about it...the black bottle. It's so annoying because I can't see how much is left. Wish they would put it in a clear bottle! I just used it and I think I'm getting to the bottom of the bottle but don't want to toss it if there's still some in there! The bottle design is cute but obnoxious at the same time, it doesn't seem like the brush is long enough to reach the bottom.
I think the bottle is black to block the sunlight because it is harden by the light.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I think the bottle is black to block the sunlight because it is harden by the light.
oh good to know! I wouldn't have thought of that! Thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found a youtube video this morning for the It Girl February box.  Oscar-inspired.  Her box has a burgundy shimmer, a navy/teal, and a silvery holographic.  It's kind of hard to tell exactly because the video lighting isn't geat.

 

0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBadger View Post
 

Found a youtube video this morning for the It Girl February box.  Oscar-inspired.  Her box has a burgundy shimmer, a navy/teal, and a silvery holographic.  It's kind of hard to tell exactly because the video lighting isn't geat.

 

 

I think that was last years box.  Rebel(silver) ,Joan(burgundy), Marion(blue).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Found a youtube video this morning for the It Girl February box.  Oscar-inspired.  Her box has a burgundy shimmer, a navy/teal, and a silvery holographic.  It's kind of hard to tell exactly because the video lighting isn't geat.
That's last year's collection. The very first tipoff: This box was received because the subscriber forgot to skip. The window for this February won't be opening until Monday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry :(

 

It was posted 4 hours ago, and had 0 views, so i thought it was new.  Oh well, just have to keep waiting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!


  • Posts

    • 8 BENEFITS OF LEMON FOR SKIN AND HAIR, WE BET YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT... LEMON has many secret benefits which we were unaware of.. So as a beauty expert its my duty to comeup and share its benefits so Thank me later. Go through this..  CLICK
    • I've been back on No Buy and Project Use It Up for one week, and it's going great. Excellent start! More progress; Registered for a dental insurance  Used up TreSemme Hair Masque foil packet Used up Mario Badescu eye cream foil packet Used up Mary Kay Coal eye shadow sample card Used up Yves Rocher Anti Age Global Essence foil packet Used up Yon-Ka Cleansing Milk deluxe sample Goals for last ten days of June, to get ready for No Buy July: Use up some more little samples Tomorrow is first day of summer; begin using Yves Rocher limited edition summer bath and body products from 2017 and 2018 (one perfumed hair mist, one body wash, one body scrub, two gel lotions) Next payday, make minimum payment early for the credit card I want to pay off July
    • Hi Ania.m, I would suggest you Nyx Professional Makeup Stay Matte But Not Flat Liquid Foundation! Try this foundation and lemme know if it works best for you or not.
    • My name is Amy. I am in my mid 40's (I hate typing that, btw) and I used to be embarrased to talk about my skin problems! I worshipped the sun as a teenager and was blessed with cystic acne. In my 20's, I never took my makeup off, nor did I much in my 30's. Because of my bad habits, my skin suffered , and it clearly showed! I have tried soooo many different creams, lotions, serums, devices and masks! I was about to give up! However, in December,  I started using a regimen that has improved the appearance of my skin beyond my beliefs!  My acne scars have become less noticeable. The texture of the skin on my face and neck has completely changed (for the better!). I will NEVER have flawless skin, but I am truly happy where my skin is today! If you can relate to this story, or if you feel like your skin is doomed, you are wrong. I am proof of that! :) I would love to talk to you about any problems or concerns that you migh have!  Us women have to fight to age together gracefully!! Have a great evening! AmyP

About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

MakeupTalk® Facebook

×