Sign in to follow this  
redjill

(Spoilers) Julep February 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephstrong View Post

From the Huff Post interview with Jane:

2. Your boyfriend (husband, dad, brother) will steal your beauty products. From the urban hipster and the global metrosexual to the dishy dad, men today aren't afraid to focus on their looks. In 2014, the men in your life will start stealing your beauty products -because they're so ready to leave behind the world of soap-on-a-roap and Head & Shoulders. OK, so maybe men won't start sporting nail polish at the office like we joked last year, but that day may not be far off. Already, men nick their wives' concealer to mask eye circles and wrinkles, especially those looking to appear younger in the workplace. And in 2014, women's skin and hair products will trend toward natural and chemical-free, so men will more willingly borrow cleansers, exfoliating Konjac sponges, creams and conditioners that don't seem 'girly'. We also expect to see the launch of more unisex beauty products that could go either way - men or women.

Uh, WTH?

I can't even get my boyfriend to use conditioner unless its a 2 in 1 product, fat chance of him ever going to the trouble of stealing my beauty products, LOL.

• Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicorn View Post

I can't even get my boyfriend to use conditioner unless its a 2 in 1 product, fat chance of him ever going to the trouble of stealing my beauty products, LOL.

I can't get my husband to use conditioner either.  I finally convinced him last winter to use conditioner on his beard when he showers, and he did, twice.  He said he liked the way it felt, but it was too much for him.  I guess he meant it was another extra step in the shower.  LOL

I tried to get my husband to use a scrub and some body butter because he was complaining about dry skin. Yeah it was to much work for him

I have tried so hard to get my husband to try my Lush lip scrub.  He is dead-set against it and won't even try it. :rolleyes: 

Haha ya

I can't get my husband to use conditioner either.  I finally convinced him last winter to use conditioner on his beard when he showers, and he did, twice.  He said he liked the way it felt, but it was too much for him.  I guess he meant it was another extra step in the shower.  LOL
I tried to get my husband to use a scrub and some body butter because he was complaining about dry skin. Yeah it was to much work for him
Exactly I feel like not matter how "un-girly" products are my fiancé still won't use them because of the extra steps, he just doesn't wanna deal with it. I just think the whole paragraph is so bizarre, "the dishy dad"??! Haha what?! It would also be a cold day in hell before he borrowed my concealer. But who knows if his office hires a hot new chick he may be inclined to "look younger in the workplace." I know he doesn't represent every guy but this seems a little much, to me and the guys I know at least!!

I have tried so hard to get my husband to try my Lush lip scrub.  He is dead-set against it and won't even try it. :rolleyes:  
Oops meant to include you in there too!
  • Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyMoon View Post

Just tell him no more kissing until he sloughs all that gross dead (and scratchy) skin. It worked for me, lol.

• Like 1

I really liked the satin finish of Mae, so I wouldn't mind more of that finish. I just hope there is a good combo in one of the boxes because this will be 3 in a row for me if I take a box.  Gotta love free polish!
Do you feel like it really showed ridges? Maybe Julep will do a ridge-filler with all the satin and silk and matte finishes. I think it would be cool if they tried to focus on creating more nail-related items I go with the boxes. Maybe like a set of great files for mult purposes with some kind of carrying case, maybe a polish case where the polishes were visible from the outside of the case.

For the beauty product (not sure if this qualifies as a beauty item though) I would like a nail polish thinner to thin out all my thick Julep polishes. Many of them tend to run thick and I could really use some thinner, but if they included that as the beauty item, they may be admitting that some of their formulas are too thick lol :--

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephstrong View Post

Do you feel like it really showed ridges? Maybe Julep will do a ridge-filler with all the satin and silk and matte finishes. I think it would be cool if they tried to focus on creating more nail-related items I go with the boxes. Maybe like a set of great files for mult purposes with some kind of carrying case, maybe a polish case where the polishes were visible from the outside of the case.

I didn't feel like it showed ridges. I liked the satin finish much more than I thought I would.  I haven't tried the silk finish (with Julep) but it seems like it would show ridges more than satin because it has more shimmer to it.

I would love it if Julep would do a set of files.  That's a great idea.

I'm a new Julep subscriber and also hoping for something pink or red for February...Although I'm a bit surprised they did the boudoir collection in January, you'd think that theme would match better with Valentines.

When does Julep usually release the colours for the next month?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lint View Post

I'm a new Julep subscriber and also hoping for something pink or red for February...Although I'm a bit surprised they did the boudoir collection in January, you'd think that theme would match better with Valentines.

When does Julep usually release the colours for the next month?

The 20th of each month the new collection comes out.

New Julep subscriber here, too!  My welcome box was January, so my first "real" box will be February.  I'd really like Valentine's inspired colors: reds, burgundies, pinks, creams.  Maybe even a dove gray.

What do you guys think of Julep's top and base coats?  I almost always use base and top coat, but pretty much every brand just wants to peel right off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBadger View Post

New Julep subscriber here, too!  My welcome box was January, so my first "real" box will be February.  I'd really like Valentine's inspired colors: reds, burgundies, pinks, creams.  Maybe even a dove gray.

What do you guys think of Julep's top and base coats?  I almost always use base and top coat, but pretty much every brand just wants to peel right off.

I find that Julep's base coat has been out of stock for awhile now.

The Freedom Polymer top coat is great though.  

• Like 2

New Julep subscriber here, too!  My welcome box was January, so my first "real" box will be February.  I'd really like Valentine's inspired colors: reds, burgundies, pinks, creams.  Maybe even a dove gray. What do you guys think of Julep's top and base coats?  I almost always use base and top coat, but pretty much every brand just wants to peel right off.
I love the freedom polymer topcoat. It makes my nails hard and shiny, and dries super fast...like in 5 minutes I can start using my hands again and not worry about smudges. Haven't used the topcoat.
  • Like 1

New Julep subscriber here, too!  My welcome box was January, so my first "real" box will be February.  I'd really like Valentine's inspired colors: reds, burgundies, pinks, creams.  Maybe even a dove gray. What do you guys think of Julep's top and base coats?  I almost always use base and top coat, but pretty much every brand just wants to peel right off.
I hate their top coat. It causes major shrinkage for me.
  • Like 2

I love the freedom polymer topcoat. It makes my nails hard and shiny, and dries super fast...like in 5 minutes I can start using my hands again and not worry about smudges. Haven't used the topcoat.
oh forgot to say what I don't like about it...the black bottle. It's so annoying because I can't see how much is left. Wish they would put it in a clear bottle! I just used it and I think I'm getting to the bottom of the bottle but don't want to toss it if there's still some in there! The bottle design is cute but obnoxious at the same time, it doesn't seem like the brush is long enough to reach the bottom.

oh forgot to say what I don't like about it...the black bottle. It's so annoying because I can't see how much is left. Wish they would put it in a clear bottle! I just used it and I think I'm getting to the bottom of the bottle but don't want to toss it if there's still some in there! The bottle design is cute but obnoxious at the same time, it doesn't seem like the brush is long enough to reach the bottom.
I think the bottle is black to block the sunlight because it is harden by the light.

I think the bottle is black to block the sunlight because it is harden by the light.
oh good to know! I wouldn't have thought of that! Thanks :)

Found a youtube video this morning for the It Girl February box.  Oscar-inspired.  Her box has a burgundy shimmer, a navy/teal, and a silvery holographic.  It's kind of hard to tell exactly because the video lighting isn't geat.

0.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBadger View Post

Found a youtube video this morning for the It Girl February box.  Oscar-inspired.  Her box has a burgundy shimmer, a navy/teal, and a silvery holographic.  It's kind of hard to tell exactly because the video lighting isn't geat.

I think that was last years box.  Rebel(silver) ,Joan(burgundy), Marion(blue).

That's last year's collection. The very first tipoff: This box was received because the subscriber forgot to skip. The window for this February won't be opening until Monday.

Sorry :(

It was posted 4 hours ago, and had 0 views, so i thought it was new.  Oh well, just have to keep waiting.