(Spoilers) Julep February 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Hipster /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL yes I know it's a creme but I was wishing for a burnt orange microshimmer!

What about Tatiana?

That's the exact reason I wanted to get Ingrid!  Evangeline's a nice UT almost-holo-if-you-lower-your-expectations color.  I don't know if you can get it in the store.  I haven't seen it.  I got it last winter (I want to say February?) in a mystery box.
I looked up Evangeline on Google. I WANT! I didn't even know about Julep until May, so of course I missed the February Mystery Box. And when I search for Evangeline on Julep's website, nothing comes up. ("Evangeline? What Evangeline?") Guess I'll never get it... ._.

I have high hopes for this month.  I loved last February, it was the only time I upgraded.

From the Huff Post interview with Jane: 2. Your boyfriend (husband, dad, brother) will steal your beauty products. From the urban hipster and the global metrosexual to the dishy dad, men today aren't afraid to focus on their looks. In 2014, the men in your life will start stealing your beauty products -because they're so ready to leave behind the world of soap-on-a-roap and Head & Shoulders. OK, so maybe men won't start sporting nail polish at the office like we joked last year, but that day may not be far off. Already, men nick their wives' concealer to mask eye circles and wrinkles, especially those looking to appear younger in the workplace. And in 2014, women's skin and hair products will trend toward natural and chemical-free, so men will more willingly borrow cleansers, exfoliating Konjac sponges, creams and conditioners that don't seem 'girly'. We also expect to see the launch of more unisex beauty products that could go either way - men or women. Uh, WTH?

I interpret that as "less emphasis on distinctly feminine floral scents and more emphasis on plainer packaging."

Quote: Originally Posted by stephstrong /img/forum/go_quote.gif

From the Huff Post interview with Jane:

2. Your boyfriend (husband, dad, brother) will steal your beauty products. From the urban hipster and the global metrosexual to the dishy dad, men today aren't afraid to focus on their looks. In 2014, the men in your life will start stealing your beauty products -because they're so ready to leave behind the world of soap-on-a-roap and Head & Shoulders. OK, so maybe men won't start sporting nail polish at the office like we joked last year, but that day may not be far off. Already, men nick their wives' concealer to mask eye circles and wrinkles, especially those looking to appear younger in the workplace. And in 2014, women's skin and hair products will trend toward natural and chemical-free, so men will more willingly borrow cleansers, exfoliating Konjac sponges, creams and conditioners that don't seem 'girly'. We also expect to see the launch of more unisex beauty products that could go either way - men or women.

Uh, WTH?

I can't even get my boyfriend to use conditioner unless its a 2 in 1 product, fat chance of him ever going to the trouble of stealing my beauty products, LOL.

Quote: Originally Posted by unicorn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can't even get my boyfriend to use conditioner unless its a 2 in 1 product, fat chance of him ever going to the trouble of stealing my beauty products, LOL.
I can't get my husband to use conditioner either.  I finally convinced him last winter to use conditioner on his beard when he showers, and he did, twice.  He said he liked the way it felt, but it was too much for him.  I guess he meant it was another extra step in the shower.  LOL

I tried to get my husband to use a scrub and some body butter because he was complaining about dry skin. Yeah it was to much work for him

I have tried so hard to get my husband to try my Lush lip scrub.  He is dead-set against it and won't even try it. 
rolleyes.gif

Haha ya

I can't get my husband to use conditioner either.  I finally convinced him last winter to use conditioner on his beard when he showers, and he did, twice.  He said he liked the way it felt, but it was too much for him.  I guess he meant it was another extra step in the shower.  LOL
I tried to get my husband to use a scrub and some body butter because he was complaining about dry skin. Yeah it was to much work for him
Exactly I feel like not matter how "un-girly" products are my fiancé still won't use them because of the extra steps, he just doesn't wanna deal with it. I just think the whole paragraph is so bizarre, "the dishy dad"??! Haha what?! It would also be a cold day in hell before he borrowed my concealer. But who knows if his office hires a hot new chick he may be inclined to "look younger in the workplace." I know he doesn't represent every guy but this seems a little much, to me and the guys I know at least!!

Quote: Originally Posted by LuckyMoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I have tried so hard to get my husband to try my Lush lip scrub.  He is dead-set against it and won't even try it. 
rolleyes.gif

Just tell him no more kissing until he sloughs all that gross dead (and scratchy) skin. It worked for me, lol.

I really liked the satin finish of Mae, so I wouldn't mind more of that finish. I just hope there is a good combo in one of the boxes because this will be 3 in a row for me if I take a box.  Gotta love free polish!
Do you feel like it really showed ridges? Maybe Julep will do a ridge-filler with all the satin and silk and matte finishes. I think it would be cool if they tried to focus on creating more nail-related items I go with the boxes. Maybe like a set of great files for mult purposes with some kind of carrying case, maybe a polish case where the polishes were visible from the outside of the case.

For the beauty product (not sure if this qualifies as a beauty item though) I would like a nail polish thinner to thin out all my thick Julep polishes. Many of them tend to run thick and I could really use some thinner, but if they included that as the beauty item, they may be admitting that some of their formulas are too thick lol 
hahaha.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by stephstrong /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you feel like it really showed ridges? Maybe Julep will do a ridge-filler with all the satin and silk and matte finishes. I think it would be cool if they tried to focus on creating more nail-related items I go with the boxes. Maybe like a set of great files for mult purposes with some kind of carrying case, maybe a polish case where the polishes were visible from the outside of the case.
I didn't feel like it showed ridges. I liked the satin finish much more than I thought I would.  I haven't tried the silk finish (with Julep) but it seems like it would show ridges more than satin because it has more shimmer to it.

I would love it if Julep would do a set of files.  That's a great idea.

I'm a new Julep subscriber and also hoping for something pink or red for February...Although I'm a bit surprised they did the boudoir collection in January, you'd think that theme would match better with Valentines.

When does Julep usually release the colours for the next month?

Quote: Originally Posted by lint /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm a new Julep subscriber and also hoping for something pink or red for February...Although I'm a bit surprised they did the boudoir collection in January, you'd think that theme would match better with Valentines.

When does Julep usually release the colours for the next month?
The 20th of each month the new collection comes out.

New Julep subscriber here, too!  My welcome box was January, so my first "real" box will be February.  I'd really like Valentine's inspired colors: reds, burgundies, pinks, creams.  Maybe even a dove gray.

What do you guys think of Julep's top and base coats?  I almost always use base and top coat, but pretty much every brand just wants to peel right off.

Quote: Originally Posted by RedBadger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  New Julep subscriber here, too!  My welcome box was January, so my first "real" box will be February.  I'd really like Valentine's inspired colors: reds, burgundies, pinks, creams.  Maybe even a dove gray.

What do you guys think of Julep's top and base coats?  I almost always use base and top coat, but pretty much every brand just wants to peel right off.
I find that Julep's base coat has been out of stock for awhile now.

The Freedom Polymer top coat is great though.  

New Julep subscriber here, too!  My welcome box was January, so my first "real" box will be February.  I'd really like Valentine's inspired colors: reds, burgundies, pinks, creams.  Maybe even a dove gray. What do you guys think of Julep's top and base coats?  I almost always use base and top coat, but pretty much every brand just wants to peel right off.
I love the freedom polymer topcoat. It makes my nails hard and shiny, and dries super fast...like in 5 minutes I can start using my hands again and not worry about smudges. Haven't used the topcoat.

Back