(Spoilers) Julep February 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by weareclouds /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am dying for a sneak peek at the February collection. I wish they'd hurry up and show us. It's almost the 20th.
Me too, I loved last February so I hopefully this year will be just as good.

Last Feb had Marion, right? That's one of my faves. 

I hope this batch is great. I wish they had some holos (I'm wearing a holo right now) and I'd love some more.

Last Feb had Marion, right? That's one of my faves.  I hope this batch is great. I wish they had some holos (I'm wearing a holo right now) and I'd love some more.
If there were holos I would have a hard time skipping.

Quote: Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  That is awesome!  Do you have any experience with the brand?  I've never heard of them.
I just placed my first order with her the other day and she has a pretty long (1-2 weeks) wait time for shipping right now.  That's about all I know at this point.  I ordered the Dig Deep so as soon as I get it, I'll post something over on the indie polish thread.

Looks like we have a sneak peek at the extra product for February:
http://blog.julep.com/eye-sheens/   Eye sheen liquid eyeshadows. I'm intrigued! Though wishing they'd do something nail-related again for the extra...
Uh oh. This is exactly my speed. I'm bracing myself for a full upgrade!

I think I may be the only one who is hesitant about the beauty product. I just don't see that type of texture holding up. Sigh, I'll probably just get the basics box and add on any polishes if interested, but by this point I have so many Juleps they will really have to wow me. 
icon_cry.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by ElizabethStreet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think I may be the only one who is hesitant about the beauty product. I just don't see that type of texture holding up. Sigh, I'll probably just get the basics box and add on any polishes if interested, but by this point I have so many Juleps they will really have to wow me. 
icon_cry.gif

I'm with you.  I was not impressed by the neutral eye palette from a few months ago.  I hope I like the It Girl box this month.

Quote: Originally Posted by hsalt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Looks like we have a sneak peek at the extra product for February:

http://blog.julep.com/eye-sheens/   Eye sheen liquid eyeshadows. I'm intrigued! Though wishing they'd do something nail-related again for the extra...
More browns?  I just don't look good in them.  If they were cool tones I would like to try them.  I still have yet to hear of a Julep makeup product that was a big hit besides the lipsticks.  Most of them are flops, so I'd rather wait and see what the feedback is first.

I'm really excited for the beauty product! I love stuff like that! I really wanted to skip this month though because I have so much nail polish, so I'm hoping I don't like the colors.

Blah, I can't pick just one. I actually really liked the last eyeshadow palette. It stayed on for hours on New Years. My only problem is that I don't wear eyeshadow very often.

Oh! I love those. I hope I like a set of the nail colours ... I don't want to skip those! Or maybe the MB this month?

I'm not sure what to think.LMDB brought out their version of that particular product and it was terrible. Worst I've ever tried. Julep's description makes it sound like it's very similar. If I like the polish colors,I may get one to try it out, but I doubt very much that I'd do a full upgrade.

I think I may be the only one who is hesitant about the beauty product. I just don't see that type of texture holding up. Sigh, I'll probably just get the basics box and add on any polishes if interested, but by this point I have so many Juleps they will really have to wow me. :icon_cry:
I'm with you on this too. I have a similar cream eyeshadow from tarte in a taupe color...it's pretty, yes, but doesn't last as long as my other shadows and tends to crease and I just don't end up using it very much so I doubt I would get much use from these either. This is the type of product that I would rather wait to see some real swatches and reviews before purchasing. Sorry I'm just being negative. It looks like a nice product but I don't think it's for me. Plus I'm on a no-buy this month so I have to find ways to talk myself out of purchasing things I don't need LOL.

I'm not sure what to think.LMDB brought out their version of that particular product and it was terrible. Worst I've ever tried. Julep's description makes it sound like it's very similar. If I like the polish colors,I may get one to try it out, but I doubt very much that I'd do a full upgrade.
I'm really curious to see what it's like. This looks like it could be like essence eye soufflés (love them), the other gel formulation essence released for one of the summer collections (hated them), Maybelline Color Tattoos (I've only tried Barely Branded, but it's a favorite, too), Starlooks gel liners (these are great), or a few others in my stash I can't remember at the moment. Wow, I didn't realize how many potted cream/gel/etc. shadows I had!

I'm not an eyeshadow fan at the best of times and I don't like neutral colors at all, so I don't know how I feel about these yet. The closest thing I've had to liquid eyeshadow before was a small bottle of gold glitter that went on like eyeshadow, but since I loved that little bottle to the very last speck of glitter, I'm definitely going to have to think about it and see what this month's nail colors are on Monday. If none of them wow me, I'm definitely skipping.

I'm not sure what non-polish products I want to see from Julep. I like their lip glosses and some of their beauty products (the mattifying face primer and the Eyes All Aglow eyeliners, for instance) are now part of my daily makeup routine, but even after buying their stuff for months, I'm still so undecided!

Not too excited about the eye sheens... I will have to seriously think about February's colors though because I wasn't very inspired by January, but after seeing everyone's mani's with the colors, I'm now super sad I didn't upgrade!! 

Also... Julep didn't do a mystery box this month, right?? They saved me some money... or I will end up using that as a way to justify an upgrade this month. LOL

Not too excited about the eye sheens... I will have to seriously think about February's colors though because I wasn't very inspired by January, but after seeing everyone's mani's with the colors, I'm now super sad I didn't upgrade!!  Also... Julep didn't do a mystery box this month, right?? They saved me some money... or I will end up using that as a way to justify an upgrade this month. LOL
On Facebook Julep hinted that the Mystery box would be late this month, or early for February. I was disappointed; at the end of the month I only have so much money to spend on frivolous things. Sometimes I have to skip my box because I need my whole paycheck for bills.

Back