(Spoilers) Julep February 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by jessrose18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  thumb:  julep cara with brenda topcoatpointer:  julep cara with love topcoatmiddle:  julep bunny with love topcoatring:  julep bunny with love topcoat and cara heartpinky:  julep bunny with brenda topcoat

Beautiful!

Quote: Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Has anyone worn Rooney yet?  Just from swatching on paper, it appears to have a jelly finish.  Or, at least I'm hoping it does
smile.gif

Can't remember if anyone has posted swatches of the Pale Nude Eye Sheen yet.  I really like the color/finish.

Love it, makes me wish  I would have gotten that one.

Quote: Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Seriously irritated with Julep. 

I got three packages from them today. One was my February box, which they originally messed up & sent me only Love + my add on and not my It Girl Polishes. The other two were my BEMINE promo orders. The first one was Betty & Rosa...instead they sent me Rosa & a lip gloss called Surprise. The second one was Joelle & Shoshanna...instead they sent me two Joelles. 

It wouldn't be quite as bad if it didn't already take 12 days to get to me.
Oh no! hope they were able to fix that for you. They have been making a lot of mistakes lately and also takes forever to hear back from their CS.

Quote: Originally Posted by autopilot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL Guess they really did surprise you with that. Seriously though, what is with all the mistakes they've been making lately?
Our mayor is working in their warehouse maybe??

rofl2.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by ElizabethStreet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow those colors are not even remotely Valentine's-like. If they market the box as a Valentine box and then show us one of the colors that will be in there and they all follow this theme, then I think any reasonable customer would assume the colors they would receive would be along the same vein. GRRR Julep, you are training your loyal Mavens to not trust you! Why don't they see that?
Same thing happened last year.  They sent a bunch of browns and fall colors.  I think that was the first box after they raised the price too.  Between that, and my diamond mystery box that was missing the diamond polishes (which they were sold out of) I really don't forsee myself ever ordering a mystery box again.  They just seem to prove time and time again that they are not worth it for anyone who has been a maven for more than a few months.

Last year I ordered the spring mystery box I got shipping and all after a month I contacted them because I had not received my box and there was no update on the tracking. I was told they couldn't ship that box to me because I was overseas. I don't know what the logic behind that was because I had gotten many mystery boxes before that and im a maven. I was mostly upset because if I didn't contact them I would not have known and I would not have gotten my money back. I haven't gotten a mystery box since the sea salt one and  I don't really order from them as much as I used to.

Quote: Originally Posted by Grau /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Julep made it right after some horrid thief stole all of the polishes out of my box, but the special Love polish was not included because it is sold out! Very sad about this. I was really looking forward to doing my nails with this color. It looks gorgeous. Does anyone have an extra that they would be willing to swap for a coupon code of any polish of your choice? I really would like the Love polish!

Happy Valentine's Day, lovely ladies!
Sorry to hear someone stole your polishes, glad they were able to send you replacements.

Quote: Originally Posted by RedBadger /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here's Judi, one coat plus a clear topcoat.
Nice!

Quote: Originally Posted by zorabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  After emailing Julep about my missing maven box(due to no tracking email) they are resending it to me minus Love(they are out of stock) and I am getting Rosa instead. At least I am getting another polish I have been waiting to order instead.
That's good!

Last year I ordered the spring mystery box I got shipping and all after a month I contacted them because I had not received my box and there was no update on the tracking. I was told they couldn't ship that box to me because I was overseas. I don't know what the logic behind that was because I had gotten many mystery boxes before that and im a maven. I was mostly upset because if I didn't contact them I would not have known and I would not have gotten my money back. I haven't gotten a mystery box since the sea salt one and  I don't really order from them as much as I used to.
That us so messed up! Sometimes I swear it doesn't seem like they know what they are talking about :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> [@]jessrose18[/@] I can't find the original post but that red/heart/Love mani is so awesome!!

Quote: Originally Posted by jessrose18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  julep cameron with a thin coat of julep rosa (no topcoat)

Love it!

Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That us so messed up! Sometimes I swear it doesn't seem like they know what they are talking about
frown.gif

@jessrose18 I can't find the original post but that red/heart/Love mani is so awesome!!
iagree.gif
 most of my CS interactions have been very frustrating.

I finally called and cancelled my subscription a few days ago after I saw the (in my opinion) exceedingly boring March box.  I was not impressed with the woman on the other end when I called Julep's cs.  When she asked me why I was cancelling, I told her that in a nutshell, it was because shipping had gone south and that whoever was handling their Facebook account never answered any "hard" questions and I didn't agree with how they ran that side of things (I wanted to go into the My Maven contest debacle but I included that in my email feedback later instead).  I guess I was most turned off by the very flippant, sarcastic "Okaaaaay.." that I got in response to my reasons.  It was the type of response that you'd get from a surly teenager who had just been told something she didn't like.  She was very curt with me on the phone after that.  Maybe she realized she wouldn't be able to "save" my subscription and just gave up on keeping up appearances, I don't know.

Sigh. 

I really liked Julep's nail polish, but the service side of things is just awful, and that means a lot to me (being someone who comes from a customer service background)!  I'll be trying out Cult and seeing how they are for a couple months, and then maybe just saving my money for some higher end single purchases for a while :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I finally called and cancelled my subscription a few days ago after I saw the (in my opinion) exceedingly boring March box.  I was not impressed with the woman on the other end when I called Julep's cs.  When she asked me why I was cancelling, I told her that in a nutshell, it was because shipping had gone south and that whoever was handling their Facebook account never answered any "hard" questions and I didn't agree with how they ran that side of things (I wanted to go into the My Maven contest debacle but I included that in my email feedback later instead).  I guess I was most turned off by the very flippant, sarcastic "Okaaaaay.." that I got in response to my reasons.  It was the type of response that you'd get from a surly teenager who had just been told something she didn't like.  She was very curt with me on the phone after that.  Maybe she realized she wouldn't be able to "save" my subscription and just gave up on keeping up appearances, I don't know. Sigh.  I really liked Julep's nail polish, but the service side of things is just awful, and that means a lot to me (being someone who comes from a customer service background)!  I'll be trying out Cult and seeing how they are for a couple months, and then maybe just saving my money for some higher end single purchases for a while :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I also cancelled because I just wanted to go for something more fun and am trying the black sheep lacquer box. When the lady asked me I told her I needed to cut out an expense she understood but before that she was like so I see you skipped august through December and took the January and February boxes. She made it sound like I did something wrong. I was like well I guess it makes sense to cancel than since you don't value me as a customer anyways. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and now seeing march colors I feel like they are dupes.

I thought the same thing, theexxception! I looked at March's box and thought "I have colors VERY similar to these already" and I was a Maven less than a year :/

Back