(Spoilers) Julep February 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I placed an order on 2/1 and another on 2/3. The tracking for both of them say that they are still in Auburn, WA. WTH, Julep! One of them was for my daughter's birthday next week. I'm beginning to wonder if it will get here in time.

I placed an order on 2/1 and I don't even have tracking - it still says "processing".  Glad it wasn't a Valentine's gift!

I'm wearing Judi this weekend, too. I put on two coats at first, but it was almost black. Now I have one coat on and it's a really pretty violet, like pansie petals. Very pretty!

I opted not to get a mystery box and am kinda happy I did.  I still have a half off promo code from my first box and I'm not sure I'm gonna use it.  If I don't I'll post it here for someone else to snag.  It expires 2/28.  I'm a newer Julep collector but already have about 20 of their polishes, but lately I've been liking Zoya more. I am wearing Judi today.  It's much darker than I thought it would be.  In dim light it looks almost black.  In sunlight it is a very pretty deep purple shade.  I do like the finish, with the freedom top coat it looks almost like a jelly.  Wear time is average - I put it on on Tuesday and just have some tip wear and 1 chip.  I want to pick up Octavia in the future, I don't have any polish similar to that shade!

Here's Judi, one coat plus a clear topcoat.

Well, my tracking updated today to "out for deliver". I did just get both packages, so I'm happy that I have the bday gift I ordered. Still irritating that it takes so long for them to ship.

Quote: Originally Posted by superhans /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just got my mystery box - ordered make up but they sent me the pedicure one
I see a second box in your future--hopefully they have enough stock left or will send you a code.

Quote: Originally Posted by RedBadger /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here's Judi, one coat plus a clear topcoat.
Pretty!  I did one coat at first but it turned out kind of streaky and blotchy, so I added another.  Next time I will put the 1 coat on more carefully and try to get the lighter shade too, it really is a beautiful base color.  Yesterday I put Paris over the top, which looks awesome, and then I used Aviva from the Naughty and Nice mystery box on my accent nail.  It's very blingy and fun.

Anyone else get the text promo, Joan for $3.99? Kind of stupid since Joan has been in the sale section at $3.99 for at least a week now. I thought by opting in to receive texts you would get an insider promo or whatever.  Getting pretty tired of Julep thinking their customers are dumb enough to fall for "promos" and if they market something in a particular way we will fall for it every time. (Though the shopaholic in me will fall for it most of the time hehehe 
icon_wink.gif
) But still, stop it Julep!

Quote: Originally Posted by ElizabethStreet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Anyone else get the text promo, Joan for $3.99? Kind of stupid since Joan has been in the sale section at $3.99 for at least a week now. I thought by opting in to receive texts you would get an insider promo or whatever.  Getting pretty tired of Julep thinking their customers are dumb enough to fall for "promos" and if they market something in a particular way we will fall for it every time. (Though the shopaholic in me will fall for it most of the time hehehe 
icon_wink.gif
) But still, stop it Julep!
Yeah I thought that e-mail asking us to text them would have yielded a better coupon today, buuuut nope.

Well ladies, I think Julep just put the last nail in their coffin for me.

If any of you haven't seen, there's a big hubbub on Facebook regarding the latest My Maven contest.  Apparently the person who won the contest also won the last couple of contests that have been on facebook, and the general consensus is that it is because they are using a service to spam, or trade "likes" in order to artificially inflate their numbers.

Julep has said nothing on the matter, and even though this was brought up before the end of the contest, Julep has still posted on the picture in question saying that they are the winner.

This is just too many strikes against you, Julep.

Customer service has been terrible the last couple of months, shipping has gone down the drain, I despise the new cap design to accommodate a tool that I don't want or need, and now they condone cheating.

Since it's already so late in the month, I'll be seeing if there's anything in the next maven box that's worth $20, and then I'll be cancelling :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

What a shame.

Well ladies, I think Julep just put the last nail in their coffin for me. If any of you haven't seen, there's a big hubbub on Facebook regarding the latest My Maven contest.  Apparently the person who won the contest also won the last couple of contests that have been on facebook, and the general consensus is that it is because they are using a service to spam, or trade "likes" in order to artificially inflate their numbers. Julep has said nothing on the matter, and even though this was brought up before the end of the contest, Julep has still posted on the picture in question saying that they are the winner. This is just too many strikes against you, Julep. Customer service has been terrible the last couple of months, shipping has gone down the drain, I despise the new cap design to accommodate a tool that I don't want or need, and now they condone cheating. Since it's already so late in the month, I'll be seeing if there's anything in the next maven box that's worth $20, and then I'll be cancelling :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> What a shame.
I can't seem to find any hubbub on Facebook about the latest Maven contest. Where was it? Think they took down the negative comments?

Quote: Originally Posted by Fashion Diva /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can't seem to find any hubbub on Facebook about the latest Maven contest. Where was it? Think they took down the negative comments?
Seconding this. I tried to find it but couldn't 3:

Quote: Originally Posted by Fashion Diva /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by hrhvittoria /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Seconding this. I tried to find it but couldn't 3:
Yeah, it's gone.  I had the page open, refreshed it to see if there were any new comments, and *poof*.  It was here:  https://www.facebook.com/julep/photos/a.10152635323180884.1073741841.49239265883/10152635323255884/?type=1

I saw the comments on the winning photo and all the profiles of the 'likes'; something seems shady.  At the very least you shouldn't be able to win more than once per year.  What pisses me off more is the short deadlines for all their contests.  I only got my box Thursday (their fault for screwing up my billing when I contacted them before the window closed and they told me I was all set) and I think it's really unfair for Canadians who probably never get their boxes in time to enter either.

Quote: Originally Posted by Stumbleina /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Well ladies, I think Julep just put the last nail in their coffin for me.

If any of you haven't seen, there's a big hubbub on Facebook regarding the latest My Maven contest.  Apparently the person who won the contest also won the last couple of contests that have been on facebook, and the general consensus is that it is because they are using a service to spam, or trade "likes" in order to artificially inflate their numbers.

Julep has said nothing on the matter, and even though this was brought up before the end of the contest, Julep has still posted on the picture in question saying that they are the winner.

This is just too many strikes against you, Julep.

Customer service has been terrible the last couple of months, shipping has gone down the drain, I despise the new cap design to accommodate a tool that I don't want or need, and now they condone cheating.

Since it's already so late in the month, I'll be seeing if there's anything in the next maven box that's worth $20, and then I'll be cancelling :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

What a shame.
That's really shady, wow!  I can't believe they would let the same person win multiple times, especially if there is a chance that person is cheating.  

Orglamix mineral eyeshadow has contests on their facebook a lot and you enter by commenting and sharing the post.  There was 1 time that a person won two contests in about a month's time and in the comments people brought it up.  She does her picking randomly so it wasn't her (the owner's) fault, but after that she did change the rules I believe to make sure people didn't win twice - at least not in such a short amount of time.  Julep should take note.

Wow - yup! They took down the entire thing.  It was on the winner's picture if you guys remember seeing the My Maven contest post with the 4 (or was it 5?) finalists nails up there.

Hopefully this means they are going to address it.  if you go to "Posts by Others" on their Facebook page, people are still talking about it.

I think maybe this is the link to that section:

https://www.facebook.com/julep?filter=2

sorry if it's not, Facebook is weird!

Ehh.. it looks like they are just telling the other ladies that were in the contest to PM them for a "special treat". Sounds to me like they are just trying to sweep this under the rug.

I'm sorry but a company that can't address this head on doesn't deserve my money.

I missed all the mess about the cheating due to life, but wooooooow. Great job there, Julep. :| Kinda glad the Maven window about to open up made me hold back from the Rita/Holly deal they sent out emails about earlier. Too bad they still get my money when Maven time comes because I can't skip. I still hate their new policy and how I got retroactively forced into it with the white-hot fire of a thousand suns.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ashleigh Paige /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I missed all the mess about the cheating due to life, but wooooooow. Great job there, Julep. :| Kinda glad the Maven window about to open up made me hold back from the Rita/Holly deal they sent out emails about earlier. Too bad they still get my money when Maven time comes because I can't skip. I still hate their new policy and how I got retroactively forced into it with the white-hot fire of a thousand suns.
+1 to all of this. Infinite side-eyeing.

I'm thinking of ditching julep for black sheep lacquers box. It's only $15 for US and you get too regular size and one mini I think that equals more nail polish than julep. And it's indie so maybe more exciting. Julep just isn't really doing it for me anymore

Back