(Spoilers) Julep February 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by redjill /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my three Mystery boxes plus Mystery add on. Plenty of dupes, but I'm not too upset. My coworkers all have their birthdays around the same time, and now I know what to give them.
wink.gif
I really like the special polishes and the products. My only real complaint is that in the past the boxes were more curated and had a distinct theme, and there were different versions you could get. I guess those days are over. ._.
what did you get in each box? i'm still debating getting one though i'm thinking it's not worth it..

Has anyone else who ordered from the Secret Store still not gotten their order?  The tracking info they gave me tells me it's not expected to be delivered until next week...I know I live on the east coast, but that's almost three weeks for a package to get from WA to MD.

Quote: Originally Posted by With2Ls /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Has anyone else who ordered from the Secret Store still not gotten their order?  The tracking info they gave me tells me it's not expected to be delivered until next week...I know I live on the east coast, but that's almost three weeks for a package to get from WA to MD.
I am waiting and my mom is too.  It takes a while to drive it across the country--my longest wait has been five weeks for a polish order from Julep.

I'm still waiting too. According to tracking, mine departed Auburn, WA on 2/6.

Got mine last week but I live in WA so anything from Seattle to me takes a day or two.

I still haven't received mine either. I Live in the east coast. My tracking isn't updating at all either.

I placed an order on 2/2 with my BEMINE code, it shipped out on 2/3, and popped up in Maryland on 2/5. It then sat in Maryland until today... and now DHL shows an exception, saying that it was "mis-shipped" and was sent to a post office about an hour away from me. At least it'll probably get to me by tomorrow or Thursday, and thankfully it's in USPS's hands now, but argh. I sent an e-mail to Julep saying "I don't need a response, I just wanted to let you know my experience with DHL and I'm still hoping that Julep will reconsider their shipping methods." 

Quote: Originally Posted by lochnessie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I placed an order on 2/2 with my BEMINE code, it shipped out on 2/3, and popped up in Maryland on 2/5. It then sat in Maryland until today... and now DHL shows an exception, saying that it was "mis-shipped" and was sent to a post office about an hour away from me. At least it'll probably get to me by tomorrow or Thursday, and thankfully it's in USPS's hands now, but argh. I sent an e-mail to Julep saying "I don't need a response, I just wanted to let you know my experience with DHL and I'm still hoping that Julep will reconsider their shipping methods." 
I'm seriously considering sending them a similar message.  I placed my order on 2/1, and the tracking shows that my package is in Elkridge, MD, has been sitting there for almost a week now but won't be delivered until next week.  That makes no sense whatsoever since I live in MD, only about an hour away from Elkridge.  DHL is really beginning to frustrate me, and I hate to sound spoiled but it's making me want to reconsider ordering anything from Julep outside of the Maven boxes, because those don't seem to take nearly as long.

Quote: Originally Posted by Stumbleina /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have the Oxygen Nail Treatment and for a while I was using it any time I wasn't using polish.  I like the way it looks but I started having a weird experience with it after leaving it on for several days - my nails started hurting!  It wasn't a piercing or terrible pain, but when something would press on my nails it would ache.  When I took off the nail treatment it went away within a day or 2.  Not really sure what is in it.. but once that happened, I looked up online to see if I was crazy, and apparently others have had the same weird experience of their nails hurting when using the Oxygen Nail Treatment for several days as well.  Maybe we are sensitive, because I know it has worked for some people!  I won't ever use it again though :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Yikes!  Sorry you had a bad experience.  Thanks for the info.  I will be careful :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

I'm seriously considering sending them a similar message.  I placed my order on 2/1, and the tracking shows that my package is in Elkridge, MD, has been sitting there for almost a week now but won't be delivered until next week.  That makes no sense whatsoever since I live in MD, only about an hour away from Elkridge.  DHL is really beginning to frustrate me, and I hate to sound spoiled but it's making me want to reconsider ordering anything from Julep outside of the Maven boxes, because those don't seem to take nearly as long.
I figure it certainly can't hurt to continue to voice our dissatisfaction with DHL! I doubt they'll listen, but it's worth a shot. I've been fairly fortunate with the MD hub for the most part (I'm probably ~1.5 hours away), but the hand-off to USPS is so sporadic that you certainly can't rely on them. It concerns me that last month's maven box even came via DHL; I really don't like the direction that Julep is heading. 

Quote: Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm still waiting too. According to tracking, mine departed Auburn, WA on 2/6.
Yep, this is how mine is too. Ordered on the 1st, shows departed Auburn, WA, on the 6th, and ZERO updates after that. 

Just curious....what was in the add-on?  I ordered all 3 plus the add-on as well and Ive seen spoilers for everything but the add on.
The add on was three polishes: Angela, Stefani, and Kennedy. I have two Angelas and Stefani was one of my first ever Juleps. Don't have Kennedy though. Unfortunately I already divided the boxes into what I want to keep and what I'm going to give away, so I can't remember what went in what. I think someone did post spoilers earlier. It might be too late to order the mystery boxes though. :/

I figure it certainly can't hurt to continue to voice our dissatisfaction with DHL! I doubt they'll listen, but it's worth a shot. I've been fairly fortunate with the MD hub for the most part (I'm probably ~1.5 hours away), but the hand-off to USPS is so sporadic that you certainly can't rely on them. It concerns me that last month's maven box even came via DHL; I really don't like the direction that Julep is heading. 
DHL is the worst of the major carriers. They literally refuse to get the gate code from our HOA so if you aren't home to buzz them through, they just hold your package hostage and then make YOU come fetch it. They are why I refuse to order from Shôedazzle after several years buying multiple items each month. They're that bad. My last order arrived today, after 13 days en route from WA to NV. It's almost like they're trying to compete with FedEx for crappiest delivery service. It's a good idea to keep sharing this feedback with Julep. They really need to rethink this since ultimately it cost Shoedazzle a good many customers, and they aren't a start up company.

Quote: Originally Posted by redjill /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The add on was three polishes: Angela, Stefani, and Kennedy. I have two Angelas and Stefani was one of my first ever Juleps. Don't have Kennedy though.

Unfortunately I already divided the boxes into what I want to keep and what I'm going to give away, so I can't remember what went in what. I think someone did post spoilers earlier. It might be too late to order the mystery boxes though. :/
Wow those colors are not even remotely Valentine's-like. If they market the box as a Valentine box and then show us one of the colors that will be in there and they all follow this theme, then I think any reasonable customer would assume the colors they would receive would be along the same vein. GRRR Julep, you are training your loyal Mavens to not trust you! Why don't they see that?

Seriously irritated with Julep. 

I got three packages from them today. One was my February box, which they originally messed up & sent me only Love + my add on and not my It Girl Polishes. The other two were my BEMINE promo orders. The first one was Betty & Rosa...instead they sent me Rosa & a lip gloss called Surprise. The second one was Joelle & Shoshanna...instead they sent me two Joelles. 

It wouldn't be quite as bad if it didn't already take 12 days to get to me.

Quote: Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got three packages from them today. One was my February box, which they originally messed up & sent me only Love + my add on and not my It Girl Polishes. The other two were my BEMINE promo orders. The first one was Betty & Rosa...instead they sent me Rosa & a lip gloss called Surprise. The second one was Joelle & Shoshanna...instead they sent me two Joelles. 

Surprise!  You get a lipgloss instead of your nail polish.  Geesh julep! 
sadno.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL Guess they really did surprise you with that. Seriously though, what is with all the mistakes they've been making lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL Guess they really did surprise you with that. Seriously though, what is with all the mistakes they've been making lately?

Quote: Originally Posted by LuckyMoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Surprise!  You get a lipgloss instead of your nail polish.  Geesh julep! 
sadno.gif

Haha yeah, a very appropriately named lip gloss! 

The rep I talked to last time about my messed up February box assured me she was looking into the warehouse issues lol. A lot of good that did, obviously. 

Our mayor is working in their warehouse maybe??
I've been wondering just how the hell that dude learned JAMAICAN PATOIS, of all things. And per a linguist who specializes in that dialect, he does a really good job with it. Just bizarre. But I would like to point out that pot is legal in Washington state now, so...

Latest posts

Back