(Spoilers) Julep February 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
icon_cry.gif

Not excited 

I'm thinking of ditching julep for black sheep lacquers box. It's only $15 for US and you get too regular size and one mini I think that equals more nail polish than julep. And it's indie so maybe more exciting. Julep just isn't really doing it for me anymore
I <3 the Black Sheep Lacquer box. You should come hang out with us in the Indie Polish Lovers thread; we've posted some of our past boxes over there!

I just realized that I think I was supposed to have gotten an eye primer in my makeup lovers mystery box? I didnt get one. Do you guys think i should contact julep? I got my box a week ago. Its not a big deal, but I would have liked to have gotten it if I was supposed to. The review on my subscription addiction showed to have one in it.

Quote: Originally Posted by LindseyJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just realized that I think I was supposed to have gotten an eye primer in my makeup lovers mystery box? I didnt get one. Do you guys think i should contact julep? I got my box a week ago. Its not a big deal, but I would have liked to have gotten it if I was supposed to. The review on my subscription addiction showed to have one in it.
I think you should email them! What have you got to lose, except a couple minutes of time?

Contact them. They forgot blotting papers in my December mystery box. I didn't care because I'll never use them, but I figured they'd like to know for quality control reasons. I said as much in an email, and they gifted me a few jules.

I went ahead and just emailed them. I contacted them about something once before and they fixed my problem quickly and were really nice. I'm not too worried about not getting the primer because I don't really use primer anyway, but I thought they should at least know about it.

I officially canceled yesterday.  Luckily it was a super quick and painless process.  When she asked my reason for cancellation, I told her it was because the 'skip' feature was taken away.  She said she'd make a note so they will have the feedback.  I'm sure that won't change anything though...

When was the skip taken away? I've skipped every month I've been signed up, lol. I've made a few purchases and bought the mystery box, but never got the monthly box because I'm always broke at that time of the month, lol.

When was the skip taken away? I've skipped every month I've been signed up, lol. I've made a few purchases and bought the mystery box, but never got the monthly box because I'm always broke at that time of the month, lol.
It is a new thing for people who signed up after mid December 2013.  If you signed up before then, you still can skip as per usual.

After emailing Julep about my missing maven box(due to no tracking email) they are resending it to me minus Love(they are out of stock) and I am getting Rosa instead. At least I am getting another polish I have been waiting to order instead.

Hey ladies, Did anyone order the $9.99 mystery add-on to the Mystery box? I ordered thMani box and then emailed them a few days later to add on the mystery add'-on. I just received it today, and it was just another of the same Mani mystery box I had already gotten. I am assuming it was a mistake, so I emailed them, but I'm just wondering what everyone else got for the mystery add-ons

I contacted them about my missing primer and they got back to me quickly and have already shipped one to me!

Hi ladies!

Any of you get a bad black liner?

My first one was hard and really hard to apply so I emailed Julep, they sent me a replacement but it has tiny white bubbles that look like mold!?!

Did anyone else get something like this? it looks super gross and I don't wanna touch it :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Redboatbysea /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey ladies,
Did anyone order the $9.99 mystery add-on to the Mystery box? I ordered thMani box and then emailed them a few days later to add on the mystery add'-on. I just received it today, and it was just another of the same Mani mystery box I had already gotten. I am assuming it was a mistake, so I emailed them, but I'm just wondering what everyone else got for the mystery add-ons

They sent me the Mani box by mistake too! The mystery add-on was Angela, Stefani, and Kennedy, but a handful of people received the Mani mystery box instead of the add-on. Just email or call them and they should send you the correct add-on. I received mine today. Angela and Stefani are soo much prettier in person!

Well, they responded to me quickly about sending me an extra mani box instead of the mystery add-on but said they were out of them, so they are refunding me instead of sending it. Kind of a bummer, but I guess it is fine. And I get to keep the extra mani box, though it would be so much better if it wasn't exactly what I already have!!

So far I'm not impressed with their inventory management since they restricted the skip option for new subscribers (that was their justification). It is likely a coincidence that they had so many shipping errors and low stock this month but for those affected by the skip policy change, it would leave a bad taste since it seems like things got worse once they changed the policy.

Quote: Originally Posted by Fashion Diva /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So far I'm not impressed with their inventory management since they restricted the skip option for new subscribers (that was their justification). It is likely a coincidence that they had so many shipping errors and low stock this month but for those affected by the skip policy change, it would leave a bad taste since it seems like things got worse once they changed the policy.
That always seemed weird to me. Like, you aren't sure of what numbers will pop up, who will buy what amounts of which...so you're forcing more people to buy...? That made no sense to me. If you want to increase profit, fine, but be honest about it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Flowerfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by luckyme502 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by sldb /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Try this: http://www.target.com/p/up-up-trade-maximum-strength-acetone-nail-polish-remover-dip-it-9-oz/-/A-13317437.

It's cheap and great for removing glitter.

I third! It's all I use to remove glitter polishes, and I wear a lot of glitter polishes!
I fourth! I discovered this product through the lovely ladies of makeup talk and it is fantastic! I never wore glitter polishes until I got this remover but now I'm not worried about not being able to remove them.

And speaking of glitter polish... Today I am sporting the beautiful Cameron
smile.gif

Love it!

Quote: Originally Posted by jessrose18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  roc glam, cameron and love

warm fig swatched with finger , gel eyeliner swatches with julep eyeliner brush

I need roc glam and Cameron so pretty.

Back