(Spoilers) Julep February 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New Julep subscriber here, too!  My welcome box was January, so my first "real" box will be February.  I'd really like Valentine's inspired colors: reds, burgundies, pinks, creams.  Maybe even a dove gray. What do you guys think of Julep's top and base coats?  I almost always use base and top coat, but pretty much every brand just wants to peel right off.
I hate their top coat. It causes major shrinkage for me.

I love the freedom polymer topcoat. It makes my nails hard and shiny, and dries super fast...like in 5 minutes I can start using my hands again and not worry about smudges. Haven't used the topcoat.
oh forgot to say what I don't like about it...the black bottle. It's so annoying because I can't see how much is left. Wish they would put it in a clear bottle! I just used it and I think I'm getting to the bottom of the bottle but don't want to toss it if there's still some in there! The bottle design is cute but obnoxious at the same time, it doesn't seem like the brush is long enough to reach the bottom.

oh forgot to say what I don't like about it...the black bottle. It's so annoying because I can't see how much is left. Wish they would put it in a clear bottle! I just used it and I think I'm getting to the bottom of the bottle but don't want to toss it if there's still some in there! The bottle design is cute but obnoxious at the same time, it doesn't seem like the brush is long enough to reach the bottom.
I think the bottle is black to block the sunlight because it is harden by the light.

Found a youtube video this morning for the It Girl February box.  Oscar-inspired.  Her box has a burgundy shimmer, a navy/teal, and a silvery holographic.  It's kind of hard to tell exactly because the video lighting isn't geat.

0.jpg

Quote: Originally Posted by RedBadger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Found a youtube video this morning for the It Girl February box.  Oscar-inspired.  Her box has a burgundy shimmer, a navy/teal, and a silvery holographic.  It's kind of hard to tell exactly because the video lighting isn't geat.
I think that was last years box.  Rebel(silver) ,Joan(burgundy), Marion(blue).

That's last year's collection. The very first tipoff: This box was received because the subscriber forgot to skip. The window for this February won't be opening until Monday.

With the exception of last month Julep is usually really good about keep a lid on their colors till the 20th. 

Sorry 
frown.gif

It was posted 4 hours ago, and had 0 views, so i thought it was new.  Oh well, just have to keep waiting.

Quote: Originally Posted by RedBadger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Sorry 
frown.gif

It was posted 4 hours ago, and had 0 views, so i thought it was new.  Oh well, just have to keep waiting.
If I hadn't gotten that box I would have thought that too.   Joan and Marion are some of my favorite colors from Julep.  They both stain like all get out so I don't wear them often. 

Quote: Originally Posted by LuckyMoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I didn't feel like it showed ridges. I liked the satin finish much more than I thought I would.  I haven't tried the silk finish (with Julep) but it seems like it would show ridges more than satin because it has more shimmer to it.

I would love it if Julep would do a set of files.  That's a great idea.
I tried Noelle (a silk finish) this week. I didn't care for the color, but I really liked the finish! I have super ridgy nails and with my butter London nail foundation underneath they didn't really show. It was a bummer that I didn't like the color because it wears like a champ! I am one of those people who always has chips and major tip wear in a day or so and I took it off today (day 4) and it hardly had any wear (and was hard to get to budge, actually).

I think it would be cool if they would use that formula with some bright colors! I wish they'd done a silk emerald green and navy for the holidays, would have been so pretty!

Quote: Originally Posted by AgathaLaupin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I tried Noelle (a silk finish) this week. I didn't care for the color, but I really liked the finish! I have super ridgy nails and with my butter London nail foundation underneath they didn't really show. It was a bummer that I didn't like the color because it wears like a champ! I am one of those people who always has chips and major tip wear in a day or so and I took it off today (day 4) and it hardly had any wear (and was hard to get to budge, actually).

I think it would be cool if they would use that formula with some bright colors! I wish they'd done a silk emerald green and navy for the holidays, would have been so pretty!
I'm glad to hear the silk finish didn't show ridges either.  I thought the satin wore really well also, with no chips for several days.

Hopefully we will see more of both silk and satin finishes.

I have Noelle on right now and I don't really have a huge issue with ridges but I LOVE the finish. It's probably my new favorite neutral polish and it's the perfect shade on me. I hope they do more of the silk finishes in future boxes.

I skipped the past 2 months and am wanting to take a box this month. I would love some pretty pink polish and I would also like to try some satin and silk polishes. I've promised myself that I will only take a box if I like both polish colors in it. That hasn't happened recently but hopefully January will change that trend :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm hoping for a pink polish too. I went hunting for a pink polish on their site and they weirdly don't have a lot. Not too bright or neon, not too soft and sweet, just a nice pink polish, maybe similar to Fergie or Lo from Zoya.

Quote: Originally Posted by disconik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by Hipster /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL yes I know it's a creme but I was wishing for a burnt orange microshimmer!
I have the perfect polish for you!!

Digital Nail's Hook 'Em Horns!!!  It's a burnt orange with spectraflair in it!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/153373456/hook-em-horns-a-digital-nails-nail?ref=shop_home_active_14

That is awesome!  Do you have any experience with the brand?  I've never heard of them.

Back