(Spoilers) Julep February 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'm skipping the eye shadows. I have so many eyeshadow bases like that (from Mac and other brands...that, I just don't need any more of them)

I cannot wait to see the nail colors though.

I'm getting It Girl like normal, then adding on 3 extra polishes.

Quote: Originally Posted by ElizabethStreet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think I may be the only one who is hesitant about the beauty product. I just don't see that type of texture holding up. Sigh, I'll probably just get the basics box and add on any polishes if interested, but by this point I have so many Juleps they will really have to wow me. 
icon_cry.gif

Agreed, I've never been wowed by cream eyeshadows. They're either crease city or a dry as the sahara and impossible to blend, with no happy medium in between. :/ I think I might be the only person on planet earth who absolutely detests MAC paintpots. Hoping the polish colors make up for it, since this would be my third box in a row.

Hmm, I'm not sure how I feel about these. I have 2 of the Creaseless Cream Shadows from Benefit that seem like they would be similar to these. I rarely ever use my cream shadows, it's just easier for me to use powder shadows. I'm not opposed to getting one of these though and am happy to try one out. I think it is awesome that Julep is letting us pick our own color! I wonder if this is based off a suggestion they received a few months ago when lip gloss was the beauty product and some people said they wished they could choose their own gloss shade. Do you think Dusty Taupe or Pale Nude is the lightest shade? I initially thought it would be Pale Nude but on the Julep blog it says to highlight with Dusty Taupe which makes me think it could be the lightest. I hope I like the polishes this month. I really want to take my box and have some goodies to play with.

Quote: Originally Posted by Flowerfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmm, I'm not sure how I feel about these. I have 2 of the Creaseless Cream Shadows from Benefit that seem like they would be similar to these. I rarely ever use my cream shadows, it's just easier for me to use powder shadows.
I'm not opposed to getting one of these though and am happy to try one out. I think it is awesome that Julep is letting us pick our own color! I wonder if this is based off a suggestion they received a few months ago when lip gloss was the beauty product and some people said they wished they could choose their own gloss shade.

Do you think Dusty Taupe or Pale Nude is the lightest shade? I initially thought it would be Pale Nude but on the Julep blog it says to highlight with Dusty Taupe which makes me think it could be the lightest.

I hope I like the polishes this month. I really want to take my box and have some goodies to play with.

Hopefully it will be the first step in letting us choose our own box completely.  Then they could do the box-pick two polish and beauty item, pick three polish, upgrade full polish, upgrade whole kit.

I'm kinda meh about the product and colour choices, and of course the brush is an add-on.  Boo.   Only 2 more days to see what the polish collection is.  Crossing my fingers for some awesome surprises!

Do the colors remind anyone else of Naked 3? I love my N3 palette because the tone of the colors is neutral but warm and these shades seem very reminiscent of the shades in N3. I could probably match each four of Julep's to a shade in the palette. The colors are pretty but just thought it more than coincidental the colors are following that trend.

Woah, did you guys see this?

Quote: "Starting with the February Maven Box, new Mavens will have flexibility to earn a skip every six months. And, of course, if you’re currently a Maven who joined before December 18, 2013, you are “grandmothered†in to the original terms with no changes to your skip options." (http://blog.julep.com/note-from-jane)

Well that's a little screwed up. I guess this is probably because they're not getting as much money from people who just skip the boxes, get free shipping on the orders they want, and get the mystery boxes.

I guess it's okay since I've been a maven but that's... a little... yeah. I'll probably stick around until December since I'm curious what the polish is. December baby woes.

Do the colors remind anyone else of Naked 3? I love my N3 palette because the tone of the colors is neutral but warm and these shades seem very reminiscent of the shades in N3. I could probably match each four of Julep's to a shade in the palette. The colors are pretty but just thought it more than coincidental the colors are following that trend.
I think it's more that makeup overall is moving in this direction right now.  Metallic eyes are big right now, as are nude tones, and these are just combining those trends.  It's not a coincidence, but it's not directly because of this palette.  I think it's more that the palette was released now-ish because Urban Decay knew this trend was coming (the fall/winter runway shows that pushed nude and metallics were in March 2013, after all).

Well, I'm glad, I'm already a maven then. I don't think I'd be ready to commit for 6 months or having to go through the hassle of constantly canceling/resubscribing.

Can't wait to see next month's colors .. after skipping January, I'm ready for some new polish.

Quote: Originally Posted by weareclouds /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So glad I'm already I'm already a maven. Or, I'd be cancelling.
ditto

I'm glad I'm already a maven as well, but to be honest haven't skipped since August anyway.

As far as her other announcements... I'm VERY intrigued by whatever product they have developed and will announce for reserve on the 28th of this month! They have me very curious, because anything that could make my mani easier, I am on board with!

I am also super excited for the LOVE color coming in everyone's February box! It sounds gorgeous and I can't wait for a preview!!!

I'm really happy I'm already a maven. I don't think I'd be staying around much longer otherwise. That's one of the reasons I'm with Julep anyway, because it's so easy to skip!

I'm really happy I'm already a maven. I don't think I'd be staying around much longer otherwise. That's one of the reasons I'm with Julep anyway, because it's so easy to skip!
Me to

I'm a fan of cream eyeshadow, now I just need to decide what color to chose.  It sounds like these shadows do "set", unlike LMdB's creme shadows, but we shall see.

I went on Julep's facebook page to read comments from other mavens to see if they had read that post from Jane regarding the change in skipping and it is not there. Can anyone see that comment section? I can read comments that people leave when Julep makes a post, but that little box on the left that used to allow you to read comments from other people is gone, or I can't find it at least lol

I went on Julep's facebook page to read comments from other mavens to see if they had read that post from Jane regarding the change in skipping and it is not there. Can anyone see that comment section? I can read comments that people leave when Julep makes a post, but that little box on the left that used to allow you to read comments from other people is gone, or I can't find it at least lol
Weird. I can't find posts from others on the website, but I can still see them through the Facebook app on my tablet. So maybe Facebook is just acting odd again?

I can see the comments and they are not good. But I didn't expect them to be. If they took away the skips I would cancel. And the justification is just lame. To keep stock? How does making people take a box keep stock? Julep is not good about explaining changes.

Quote: Originally Posted by chelsealady /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can see the comments and they are not good. But I didn't expect them to be. If they took away the skips I would cancel. And the justification is just lame. To keep stock? How does making people take a box keep stock? Julep is not good about explaining changes.
Yeah I wouldn't expect them to be. Saying they are giving 'flexibility' by taking away one of the most appealing features of the sub is kind of silly. I have a ton of polish so I was thinking about canceling and then re-subbing when I felt my stock running low(er) but now no way. I would rather skip every month and be tempted by promos in between then have to take a box I don't want/need. 

Back