Sign in to follow this  
nailenvyuser

Can you remember the first make-up item you wore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uglystick View Post

What colour was the Jafra lipstick?

That nail polish sounds exciting :D

Hmmm the first makeup item I wore would be also a glittery blue nail polish on an airplane!  The girl I sat next to put it on me :-)

If it's makeup makeup, then it's a black eyeliner from Jordana that my friend in high school gave me :-)

I made a total mess out of the nail polish, even put it on furniture lol (I must have been like 7 years old.. haha maybe younger) 

Then, I had  no clue how to take it off :/ I ended up leaving a goopy mess everywhere .. :/

My first makeup experience was applying cat eye wing at the age of 14. I used a Maybelline eyeliner pencil.
Since I have been doing cat-eye for so long, I am pretty much an expert at it.
It seems to be the only thing I am good at. hah

My older sister had one of those very cheap eye shadow palette with 100 colors in them. And she would experiment on me. The colors were so muddy and bad, but I loved it. We would also draw faces on paper and color them in with the shadows. As far as something that was my very own?? No idea...so much of my early makeup life was stealing from my mom and sisters stashes!

• Like 1

The first thing i ever used was Clinique lipstick in Sugared Maple that my god mother gave me when i was 8. I'm pretty sure its the color that comes as a free gift with purchase, because i think i have like 5 of them at this point...

With the exception of all the makeup I used for dress-up as a kid, mine was a Maybelline tinted lipbalm called Kissin' Coolers. It was pink and peppermint flavored. This was closely followed by a Bonne Bell sheer gel blush that my mom always used. Timing-wise, this was around 1993.

• Like 1

As a kid, I always got those cheap kids makeup sets! xD 
I specifically remember one year, my sister and I and my cousins were playing with one of those old make-your-own makeup kits for little kids, and we had a make your own eye shadow one and make your own lipstick/lip gloss. I made so many of them, and I always kept them in a Bratz bag! (I loved Bratz dolls!) Then it disappeared out of no where, and still to this day I wonder where it went.

• Like 1

Blue (yes blue) lipstick of some kind.  When I was a kid, a friend's older sister decided to test it out on me.. lol  But the first item I actually used myself was black eyeliner (can't remember which brand).

Love this! I really can't remember the "first" thing, lip gloss? nail polish? I do know the first thing I remember (my first love thing) was drugstore green/blue mascara in 7th grade. I thought it made my eyes pop and was hooked from then on :smilehappyyes:!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorizav:

Bonne bell Dr pepper lip smackers And maybelline kissing potion

Haha...I do remember getting away with using the Dr. Pepper LipSmacker as "lipstick" before I was allowed to wear makeup for school. I had a plastic pencil case full of at least 20 LipSmackers, but that one totally got the most use!

hehe i always had lipsmackers on but i would have to say glitter eye liner. i would put it on when i got to school because my dad didnt like me wearing make up.

Im almost certain, besides dance recital makeup at about 5 it was Great Lash mascara in the 5th grade. I wore glasses and my mom let me wear it to help my eyes stand out more. Funny because GL is probably the product I hate more than any other today. Worst mascara ever.

I played with my mom's stuff off and on (got whooped good for it too!), but my first makeup thing that she bought me that I was allowed to ruin was a Wet n Wild lipstick that started out baby pink indoors, then would change to magenta out in sunlight! I also used to love going makeup shopping with my mom and grandma because I could try on the sample eyeshadows they had out; I'd put green on one eye, then blue on the other and say, "Lookit me! I'm beautiful!!" The ladies at the makeup counters thought it was adorable...^_^

the very first thing I can remember is blue eye shadow in the fifth grade. The first purchase I made myself was at Nordstrom's. I got a gift card from my parents and I spent all of it at the estee lauder counter. I got that peachy lip-gloss they have as well as a huge bronzer. I got a few other things but don't remember what now.

The first one I WORE was pink nail polish, but the first ones I OWNED were a hot pink nail polish and a Malibu Barbie solid perfume that came with the doll. I actually owned other items at the time (around age 5) but these are the only ones I was allowed to wear out of the house.

the first makeup i ever bought were the loreal hip eyeshadows. (and this was only a couple of years ago! LOL) i was with my roommate then and we went to target to go grocery shopping and picked up 5 or 6 of those duos. i don't know anything about makeup then, but i know these are good because i read reviews previously. i just used those little foamy thingies that come with each eyeshadow and pat-pat-pat on my eyes. one of the duos i bought is the bright blue one, and i wore that a lot...not realizing anything about eyeshadows like blending, crease of whatever. i just put the darker blue closer to the lashline using the edge of the foamy applicator thingy, and the lighter brighter blue all over my lid using the flat part of the foamy thingy. i will then curl my lashes, and put on some maybelline great lash mascara (which i bought because it's the cheapest one at cvs). i did that for more than a year.. i'm totally all different now with my quality brushes and several eyeshadow palettes (and other makeup items haha)...but those were the days. i ended up giving those away to my mom. 

the ironic thing is that it's actually my boyfriend who triggered my makeup addiction (and he blames himself for 'what happened' to me). he said something about my blue eyeshadow (which i was really fond of wearing at the time) looking maybe a little too bright(?) and said maybe i should look up how to apply eyeshadows properly and look at youtube videos, etc. i fell in love with it, and thought makeup was really interesting. he then bought me the naked palette for my birthday, and that's where it all began!

i never played with my mom's makeup...she doesn't have a lot, and somehow i didn't have interest in it when i was little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautygroove View Post

I remembered one of the first makeup I owned were the roller ball lip glosses. I was obsessed with those and made my lips so shiny.

I remember those! Thinking about them now makes me cringe. All of my rollerball perfumes have a gross layer of bacteria and dead skin cells at the bottoms, so I can only imagine how gross those lip glosses got.

• Like 1

Mine was foundation. Back in a make-up course I took in 1995. Viva Cosmetics, I believe the brand was, they were only in business for a month before they went bankrupt.