Can you remember the first make-up item you wore?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first one I WORE was pink nail polish, but the first ones I OWNED were a hot pink nail polish and a Malibu Barbie solid perfume that came with the doll. I actually owned other items at the time (around age 5) but these are the only ones I was allowed to wear out of the house.

the first makeup i ever bought were the loreal hip eyeshadows. (and this was only a couple of years ago! LOL) i was with my roommate then and we went to target to go grocery shopping and picked up 5 or 6 of those duos. i don't know anything about makeup then, but i know these are good because i read reviews previously. i just used those little foamy thingies that come with each eyeshadow and pat-pat-pat on my eyes. one of the duos i bought is the bright blue one, and i wore that a lot...not realizing anything about eyeshadows like blending, crease of whatever. i just put the darker blue closer to the lashline using the edge of the foamy applicator thingy, and the lighter brighter blue all over my lid using the flat part of the foamy thingy. i will then curl my lashes, and put on some maybelline great lash mascara (which i bought because it's the cheapest one at cvs). i did that for more than a year.. i'm totally all different now with my quality brushes and several eyeshadow palettes (and other makeup items haha)...but those were the days. i ended up giving those away to my mom. 

the ironic thing is that it's actually my boyfriend who triggered my makeup addiction (and he blames himself for 'what happened' to me). he said something about my blue eyeshadow (which i was really fond of wearing at the time) looking maybe a little too bright(?) and said maybe i should look up how to apply eyeshadows properly and look at youtube videos, etc. i fell in love with it, and thought makeup was really interesting. he then bought me the naked palette for my birthday, and that's where it all began!

i never played with my mom's makeup...she doesn't have a lot, and somehow i didn't have interest in it when i was little.

I remembered one of the first makeup I owned were the roller ball lip glosses. I was obsessed with those and made my lips so shiny.

Quote: Originally Posted by beautygroove /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I remembered one of the first makeup I owned were the roller ball lip glosses. I was obsessed with those and made my lips so shiny.
I remember those! Thinking about them now makes me cringe. All of my rollerball perfumes have a gross layer of bacteria and dead skin cells at the bottoms, so I can only imagine how gross those lip glosses got.

Mine was foundation. Back in a make-up course I took in 1995. Viva Cosmetics, I believe the brand was, they were only in business for a month before they went bankrupt.

I still have them (though I don't use them, promise! It's a sentimental thing.) A barbie nail polish from when I was three years old, and my first palette- as a party favour when I was seven.

I remember getting into my mother's lipstick and I remember it  was red.  I was like 9 years old. 

My mom doesn't wear makeup and wouldn't let me either when I was little, so I started out with clear lip balms, like lip smackers, and then progressed to tinted balms, and eventually some lip gloss in high school. That's all the makeup I wore until a few years ago, when I started getting more into it.

I remember having countless LipSmackers!

But I clearly remember in high school a friend giving me one of her Urban Decay Zero eyeliners because I never wore makeup and all of my friends were at least wearing eyeliner! haahha

Urban Decay Zero, started the obsession for me =)

The first make-up item I ever owned was a body shop watermelon lipgloss and I was seriously the coolest. My mom also bought me a perfume oil blending kit, she's always sworn that I should be a perfume maker.

My mother's clinique makeup products! I remember a palette type sort of thing, and I'd smear the brightest colors from the whole thing on my face.

"make up" that I bought with my own money was a little bottle of pink-ish red gloss that I got only because all the other girls were wearing it lol. it was pretty and pleasant, actually... I was 13 at the time, though.  

Totally realizing here that by answering this question I am dating myself, but....I was 12 years old and was dying to start wearing makeup. I remember being out shopping with my mom one day, and begging her to buy me a lipstick.  A friend of mine from my Girl Scout troop and her mom just happened to be in the same store at the same time, and came up to my mom and I. My friend's mom told my mom that yes, girls our age were wearing lipstick and she thought it was okay for girls our age. She then showed my mom the fashionable lipstick for teens at the time - pure white matte lipstick. My mom finally acquiesced and bought me a tube. (Which my father hated. He insisted I looked like "death warmed over")

Within a year, I was wearing mascara, eyeshadow, blush, powder, etc. However, I'm so glad my mom didn't make a big deal out of the makeup thing, because within a couple of years I was a real pro at makeup application while many of the girls my age were just beginning to wear makeup (and because they didn't have the two years of practice I already had under my belt many of them spent the last couple years of high school looking like clowns....)

My first makeup item was a very dark brown lipstick. I was 16 and it was 90's. I wanted to play with makeup so bad but my mother would not buy me any, and wouldn't let me use her own makeup. I remember one day I was passing up by a makeup counter, and that deepest brown lipstick just looked at me. I still clearly remember that moment even though it was like over decade ago. I know, silly.(I think it was brown lipstick was popular at that time, if I'm not mistaken) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I put all the money I collected over the time and just bought it. I couldn't wear it at home because, if my mom noticed, then she would say something. So I wore it at school and at a class party. It felt so great! I took lots of pics that night. One time, my mom asked to look at the pics of the party and noticed me wearing that very dark lipstick. (I would never wear that dark of a color today). Of course, she saw that lipstick. Next time we went shopping, she bought me a lipstick of a pearelscent color. LOLZ!

Mine would have to be a Maybelline mascara, volumizer. Me and my old best friend were playing makeup last year. Was the first makeup item, proper makeup item i ever tried. :)

Clinique GWP lipsticks and eyeshadows, my grandmother always gave them to me and my mom (she buys Clinique skincare but doesn't use the color cosmetics). And since my mom doesn't wear bright makeup, she gave me the bright colors to play with! 

If you exclude nail polish and flavored lip balm, it was a black liquid eyeliner from Revlon. I started with liquid before trying pencil. Oh, and this is also excluding all te times I got face paint at birthday parties and carnivals.

Way back in 1975, Maybelline Kissing Potion, clear roll on gloss. My favorites were strawberry and mint. In 1977 after I turned 13 Momma bought me an Avon lipstick called "Country Rose" , it was the same color as my lips, but at least I felt like a "big girl".

As a little kid I had tons of lipstick samples from a family friend who sold Avon, but I couldn't wear them outside of the house, they were for playing dress-up.

Way back in 1975, Maybelline Kissing Potion, clear roll on gloss. My favorites were strawberry and mint. In 1977 after I turned 13 Momma bought me an Avon lipstick called "Country Rose" , it was the same color as my lips, but at least I felt like a "big girl".   As a little kid I had tons of lipstick samples from a family friend who sold Avon, but I couldn't wear them outside of the house, they were for playing dress-up.
I had to look up the Maybelline kissing potion because I'd never heard of it before! Such a cool product, I loved those types of lipgloss when I was young. This picture kills it, I wish I could find that shirt somewhere!

Back