Spazkatt

Ipsy Points Rewards

Nevermind! It's already sold out :( Sorry. It went OOS in under an hour. Maybe this will show ipsy they need to do more of the 500 pt rewards!

I think it was even less than that. I checked after about 15 min and it was already gone. But yes, more 500 point rewards.

• Like 2

more 500 point rewards.

I'm only at 340 (subscribed since May) :( so more 500pt rewards would be greatly appreciated - that way I might actually get something before they expire!

I just am kind of disappointed with the whole Ipsypoints thing in general. Unless you spam people, there's really no way to get enough points.

UGH right?! I am a loyal subscriber and a bonus or two that doesn't involve being so annoying and posting about Ipsy all over the web would be nice

• Like 1

I have been subscribing since May 2014. According to my point history, you can get a total of 90 points a month (based on 5 product per month).

That means that by the time the 1st month's points expire you should have just enough to redeem for a reward (usually 1000 points).

It would be great if they continued with the 500 point rewards - two rewards a year! :D

Regardless, at this rate (90 points per month), I will be able to redeem my points with my March bag (an extra birthday gift!) :D

Edited by Tobygirl

I have been subscribing since May 2014. According to my point history, you can get a total of 90 points a month (based on 5 product per month).

That means that by the time the 1st month's points expire you should have just enough to redeem for a reward (usually 1000 points).

It would be great if they continued with the 500 point rewards - two rewards a year! :D

Regardless, at this rate (90 points per month), I will be able to redeem my points with my March bag (an extra birthday gift!) :D

I had been a subscriber since October 2013 and have never gotten 90 a month.  I actually opted to not take an August bag, partly because I had been a subscriber since October 2013 and by July 2014, only had 800 points. The popup points didn't start until, I believe, around January of this year and, from my experience are pretty hit and miss, so I would't count on them.  

Frankly, part of the reason I ditched Ipsy is because I wouldn't be able to redeem my points without harassing people.  Honestly, I loathe companies that want me to open up my contact list in exchange for random samples.  No thanks.

• Like 2

I hope they do another 500 point reward this month, I'm ready to cancel and I'd hate to lose my points. 

• Like 1

I hope they do another 500 point reward this month, I'm ready to cancel and I'd hate to lose my points.

I'm getting ready to cancel soon as well but their awful points system will probably not even give me anything for all the time it took to earn them. Very sad :(

I subbed to Birchbox... very nice brands and they do a lot of promos, recently, offering subscribers to pick a sample to be in their box and the points you earn with BB add up quick and can be redeemedbfor stuff in their shop.

Anyways back to Ipsy, it's just not exciting anymore. Yes I do enjoy when they partner with UD but the sizes of the stuff I want are so ittybitty!! I keep seeing the same old brands.

Only thing keeping me from unsubbing is the pain I'd go through if it was a good bag right after I cancelled :(

My ipsyPoints dropped dramatically by 750 so I was like wth? I checked my activity and it said that 250 was expired - mmm okay I'm fine with that... then I see that 500 points were redeemed (...wait I NEVER redeemed anything and the only 500 point reward that they had was the Too Faced Bronzer - which doesn't show up in my history).

So I emailed them and they said that I redeemed the 500 ipsyPoints in July 2013!!! Anyways to make my story short... emails were sent back and forth like 2-3 times and I was like theres no point on being nice anymore because this person is  obviously not reading my emails correctly. So I was like here's the screen shot of the "new lower ipsypoints reward" since [we] asked and [they] listened" and that there was NEVER a 500 pt reward in July 2013 - so I want my points back.

Let's see what she has to say now because I am so SICK and tired of emailing this person trying to explain it over and over again.

/endWITCHYrant

*I apologize if I don't make sense.. I just typed that out of anger... and I don't feel like editing.

My ipsyPoints dropped dramatically by 750 so I was like wth? I checked my activity and it said that 250 was expired - mmm okay I'm fine with that... then I see that 500 points were redeemed (...wait I NEVER redeemed anything and the only 500 point reward that they had was the Too Faced Bronzer - which doesn't show up in my history).

So I emailed them and they said that I redeemed the 500 ipsyPoints in July 2013!!! Anyways to make my story short... emails were sent back and forth like 2-3 times and I was like theres no point on being nice anymore because this person is  obviously not reading my emails correctly. So I was like here's the screen shot of the "new lower ipsypoints reward" since [we] asked and [they] listened" and that there was NEVER a 500 pt reward in July 2013 - so I want my points back.

Let's see what she has to say now because I am so SICK and tired of emailing this person trying to explain it over and over again.

/endWITCHYrant

*I apologize if I don't make sense.. I just typed that out of anger... and I don't feel like editing.

I wonder if they are doing that due to the old referral "rewards"

they took out tons of points from my account when they switched to the point system, because I had gotten several "bonuses" (ones I didn't pick nor want) because I referred xx amount of people

nice, huh?

but that should have happened to your account last year when they switched over, not now....

I wonder if they are doing that due to the old referral "rewards"

they took out tons of points from my account when they switched to the point system, because I had gotten several "bonuses" (ones I didn't pick nor want) because I referred xx amount of people

nice, huh?

but that should have happened to your account last year when they switched over, not now....

I never had the "bonuses" even when I was referring people.. =/

There is a new rewards up today.  It's 1500 points in exchange for a "mystery glam bag" in a "Throwback Thursday" bag and featuring five deluxe and full-sized products that apparently got "rave reviews".  I hesitated to click, but did redeem. 

Also, I no longer see how many of each reward are left.  I rely on groupthink to decide! 

There is a new rewards up today.  It's 1500 points in exchange for a "mystery glam bag" in a "Throwback Thursday" bag and featuring five deluxe and full-sized products that apparently got "rave reviews".  I hesitated to click, but did redeem. 

Also, I no longer see how many of each reward are left.  I rely on groupthink to decide! 

Yeah I really hate that you can't see what's left unless you have enough points to redeem. That's not cool.

Yeah I really hate that you can't see what's left unless you have enough points to redeem. That's not cool.

They got me again.  I read your points would still be valid if you signed back up - so I signed back up to get the points-bag.  But I'm waitlisted.  And while you still "have" your points while you're on the waitlist, apparently you can't spend them.  So I can't get the 1500 point bag after all, I'm stuck on their stupid waitlist again, have no idea if that will even be around when I'm off the waitlist, and the only way to cancel your account from waitlist status is to e-mail them - can't be done online.  I should have made a cleaner break.

They got me again.  I read your points would still be valid if you signed back up - so I signed back up to get the points-bag.  But I'm waitlisted.  And while you still "have" your points while you're on the waitlist, apparently you can't spend them.  So I can't get the 1500 point bag after all, I'm stuck on their stupid waitlist again, have no idea if that will even be around when I'm off the waitlist, and the only way to cancel your account from waitlist status is to e-mail them - can't be done online.  I should have made a cleaner break.

They took me off the waitlist and I got it.  But somehow I feel so . . . 'dirty'.   ;)   At least next month I'll have two I can't use!   :P

I fiiiiiiiinally redeemed for something I actually wanted - the eyetini shadow and I get my bag today and the purple envelope is 3/4ths open/unsealed and there is no eyetini inside!! Also no Jersey Shore Sun lip balm in my regular bag but I'm so much more bummed about the missing bonus item. I emailed them, I'm hoping so hard I can still get it...could someone tell me if it is still in stock/how many are left? (It just says redeemed for me.) I literally only kept this sub until I could redeem for something not useless.

LOL they just added lashes for 500 points, guess they figured no one would go for lashes at the normal 1000 points

<_< To be fair it also includes some sort of eye shadow/highlighter/???, but I'll be saving my points.

mi-hz36hyvw2r9s1s55.jpg

The eyeshadow is quite pretty, but it's sooo much like the Pacifica one they sent some months ago, which I think I'm the only Ipster who actually liked it.

I got the new 500 points option. Do I like it? No, but a lot of my points are soon to expire, and I'll never make it to 1000+ points. Maybe I'll find someone who likes lashes and gift it. :)

My mystery bag shipped. I'm very curious to see what will be in it. 

Please (and thank you) post what the contents are when you receive it. I'm dying to know.

Please (and thank you) post what the contents are when you receive it. I'm dying to know.

I sure will.  It looks like it will arrive Tuesday.  I keep checking Instagram to see if anyone else posts a bag, but nothing yet.