Ipsy Points Rewards

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm starting to lose interest in their points program, since it doesn't look like I will ever earn enough points to redeem for a product.  I wish they would add another level to it and allow you to add a past sample to your bag for 200 points or something.  

I'm starting to lose interest in their points program, since it doesn't look like I will ever earn enough points to redeem for a product.  I wish they would add another level to it and allow you to add a past sample to your bag for 200 points or something.  
Yeah, I think they have it set up so that unless you have referrals, you can't get anything, because you won't get 1000 points in a year, and then they expire. It's pretty terrible.

Exactly, lyncaf.  I don't feel comfortable spamming my friends about this kind of thing and, while I have a blog, it's more of a personal writing exercise than something I'm doing to get followers that would use me as a referral.  

Yes! I was just thinking how they should offer levels of points, like 250, 500, 750, 1000. Obviously the 1000 point level should be pretty good items.

I'm so annoyed with Ipsy over this points thing. It took me forever and some referrals to get to 1,000 points yet they never change the two shit (for me) products they have had up forever and when they do the item sells out in 5 minutes. I'm cashing the damn points in the very second I can get ANYTHING else and then I'm canceling. I'm also sick of them deleting any questioning or negative comment. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish they would JUST UPDATE those things.  I do not want an orange red lipstick from BE.  I would love the facial masks to come back.

I'm so annoyed right now about ipsy points. I haven't even received my bag yet, which of course is expected. I logged onto ipsy's site to check out the new point item while on my mom's computer. It asked me to pick my favorite item from my bag and post to facebook for points...I tried but my mom's FB account was logged in so I couldn't and, as they make sure to mention on the FAQ's, these things only pop up once! So now I will miss out on those points. I haven't even got the bag yet, so how do I know what my favorite item is?!?! So annoyed. I am now really thinking, even with one referral, I will not be able to cash out before my points expire (I have 725! they start expiring in August or September, so I don't think it's going to happen ARGH).

I swear Ipsy does everything in their power to make it hard for people to cash out. Would it really hurt them to allow us more than just one opportunity to try and do those ridiculous facebook spamming things?

Nail stickers for 1000 points?  I have almost 10,000 right now thanks to a link promotion and they have GOT to be kidding me.  I'll probably never use all the points and there's now way I'd get that.  They are five bucks!

http://www.wrapartistnails.com/collections/nail-decals/products/floral-clusterfuck
Yeah, no thank you. And there are still like 450 of them left, so I'm guessing this reward is going to be sitting there for a long time before they add anything else.

I'm so annoyed right now about ipsy points. I haven't even received my bag yet, which of course is expected. I logged onto ipsy's site to check out the new point item while on my mom's computer. It asked me to pick my favorite item from my bag and post to facebook for points...I tried but my mom's FB account was logged in so I couldn't and, as they make sure to mention on the FAQ's, these things only pop up once! So now I will miss out on those points. I haven't even got the bag yet, so how do I know what my favorite item is?!?! So annoyed. I am now really thinking, even with one referral, I will not be able to cash out before my points expire (I have 725! they start expiring in August or September, so I don't think it's going to happen ARGH).

I swear Ipsy does everything in their power to make it hard for people to cash out. Would it really hurt them to allow us more than just one opportunity to try and do those ridiculous facebook spamming things?
Oh is that what that was? None of those popup things ever work for me (maybe because I use Chrome?). The page just grays out and there's a heart loading symbol. I have to reload the page to be able to click on anything. So I guess I always miss out on them too, since if I saw it and then opened another browser, it wouldn't work. 

This is my first month getting an IPSY bag. I was excited to learn that they had a point system!! And then I did the math and determined it's a pretty useless point system unless I somehow get multiple people to sign up.... Bummer.

I earned 95 IPSY points without referrals this month so maybe it is worth it in that I'll be able to cash out in 9 months (with the 100 points for joining).

The Sugar Line and Shine pencil currently being offered as a reward is also currently on Hautelook in a variety of colors for $4.50 each.

Did anyone else get the Bare Minerals lipstick? I got it a month or two ago, and when I used it the first few times, it had a nice vanilla-mint scent. But I just got it out now, and it smells like gross generic lipstick. Not like it's bad, but not yummy like it did before. I looked up the batch code and apparently it was only manufactured in Nov. 2013, so it shouldn't have gone bad yet. But I definitely wouldn't buy one of their lipsticks, based on that! Disappointing.

Back