Ipsy Points Rewards

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if they are doing that due to the old referral "rewards"

they took out tons of points from my account when they switched to the point system, because I had gotten several "bonuses" (ones I didn't pick nor want) because I referred xx amount of people

nice, huh?

but that should have happened to your account last year when they switched over, not now....
I never had the "bonuses" even when I was referring people.. =/

There is a new rewards up today.  It's 1500 points in exchange for a "mystery glam bag" in a "Throwback Thursday" bag and featuring five deluxe and full-sized products that apparently got "rave reviews".  I hesitated to click, but did redeem. 

Also, I no longer see how many of each reward are left.  I rely on groupthink to decide! 

There is a new rewards up today.  It's 1500 points in exchange for a "mystery glam bag" in a "Throwback Thursday" bag and featuring five deluxe and full-sized products that apparently got "rave reviews".  I hesitated to click, but did redeem. 

Also, I no longer see how many of each reward are left.  I rely on groupthink to decide! 
Yeah I really hate that you can't see what's left unless you have enough points to redeem. That's not cool.

Yeah I really hate that you can't see what's left unless you have enough points to redeem. That's not cool.
They got me again.  I read your points would still be valid if you signed back up - so I signed back up to get the points-bag.  But I'm waitlisted.  And while you still "have" your points while you're on the waitlist, apparently you can't spend them.  So I can't get the 1500 point bag after all, I'm stuck on their stupid waitlist again, have no idea if that will even be around when I'm off the waitlist, and the only way to cancel your account from waitlist status is to e-mail them - can't be done online.  I should have made a cleaner break.

They got me again.  I read your points would still be valid if you signed back up - so I signed back up to get the points-bag.  But I'm waitlisted.  And while you still "have" your points while you're on the waitlist, apparently you can't spend them.  So I can't get the 1500 point bag after all, I'm stuck on their stupid waitlist again, have no idea if that will even be around when I'm off the waitlist, and the only way to cancel your account from waitlist status is to e-mail them - can't be done online.  I should have made a cleaner break.
They took me off the waitlist and I got it.  But somehow I feel so . . . 'dirty'.   ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   At least next month I'll have two I can't use!   :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I fiiiiiiiinally redeemed for something I actually wanted - the eyetini shadow and I get my bag today and the purple envelope is 3/4ths open/unsealed and there is no eyetini inside!! Also no Jersey Shore Sun lip balm in my regular bag but I'm so much more bummed about the missing bonus item. I emailed them, I'm hoping so hard I can still get it...could someone tell me if it is still in stock/how many are left? (It just says redeemed for me.) I literally only kept this sub until I could redeem for something not useless.

LOL they just added lashes for 500 points, guess they figured no one would go for lashes at the normal 1000 points

LOL they just added lashes for 500 points, guess they figured no one would go for lashes at the normal 1000 points
<_< To be fair it also includes some sort of eye shadow/highlighter/???, but I'll be saving my points.

mi-hz36hyvw2r9s1s55.jpg

The eyeshadow is quite pretty, but it's sooo much like the Pacifica one they sent some months ago, which I think I'm the only Ipster who actually liked it.

I got the new 500 points option. Do I like it? No, but a lot of my points are soon to expire, and I'll never make it to 1000+ points. Maybe I'll find someone who likes lashes and gift it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Please (and thank you) post what the contents are when you receive it. I'm dying to know.
I sure will.  It looks like it will arrive Tuesday.  I keep checking Instagram to see if anyone else posts a bag, but nothing yet.

I got my points bag just now - here's a photo!

Contents:

• Starlooks pencil in Amethyst
  • Pop Beauty "Bring Up Your Life" trio
  • Klorane soothing and relaxing patches with soothing cornflower - eye countour
  • Coastal Scents Medium Shadow Brush
  • Pacifica Indian Coconut Nectar Body Butter
  • "On the Wild Side" June 2013 bag
Items I will be swapping if interested:  Pop Beauty trio, "On the Wild Side" bag, and possibly the Starlooks pencil (not sure if I have that one yet)

It was worth it 100% just to get another Pacifica Body Butter though - it's my absolute favorite.  I've already gone through 1½ and winter's coming up!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I'll definitely be swapping the starlooks pencil. I just got one of those as their "sorry we sent you that icky BaB mascara" fix recently.

I'm going to be cancelling Ipsy because of their customer service and point system.  When they first started the point system I racked alot of points up by referrals.  It wasn't until many months later that they actually had products to redeem them on, and I didn't find them worthwhile or wasn't able to get to the good ones before they ran out.  I had been waiting for something to show up to redeem my points on, but in the last 2 months about 500 of my points expired.  I was able to get 300 of them back last month by contacting customer service, but when i tried to do it this month they said they couldn't give me my points back.  I wrote a comment on their facebook wall saying this and stating the above, and that it is understandable that birchbox points expire since you can buy whatever from their shop at any time, and how their system isn't comparable.  They wrote to me saying they deleted it for "profanity".  I didn't say anything profane.  I'm so done with Ipsy.  I redeemed my points on some crap product that i have no interest in, and as soon as it arrives, I'm cancelling and going to encourage all my friends to do the same.  I feel like I worked hard to get those points and they are of no value. 

Milani

Bella Eyes Gel Powder Trio

image.jpg

Just redeemed my points for this eyeshadow trio. It is a 1000 point reward.

They run $3.99 each. I liked the colors esp. the gold.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back