Ipsy Points Rewards

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The point system has me about ready to rage cancel lol. I had 100 points expire earlier in the month and it brought me down to 840, but I was trying to be optimistic that,somehow, I could still earn enough points each month to get more than what I lose and eventually cash in. Then, I logged in today to start rating this month's items and I had another 40 pts gone!!! Gah. I think I just figured the 100 that expired at the beginning of the month was like the whole month's worth of points or something.

I even have a referral and still wasn't able to cash in for anything before my points started expiring. (but I did unsubscribe for two months, to cut costs in my budget...now I wish I wouldn't have, because I would've been able to get something!)

I was planning on getting the NYX palette thing that they have had forever that no one else seems to want LOL  They could've decluttered a bit by sending me the thing that they can't get rid of .... but no.

Sorry. Rant. Over.

There are 2 new 1000 point rewards...full size bareMinerals 5 in 1 BB Cream Eyeshadows in Elegant Taupe or Delicate Moss.

I was at 990 points and just got the "share on FB" email so hastily got my 10 points and redeemed for the Milani shadow trio.

I just want something and not the dumb decals!

There is a new 500 points rewards, the Bodyography Lip Slide, it seems like it's worth around $20... I redeemed because I don't think I'll ever have 1000 points!

I now have 515 points, but the only 500 point reward is sold out. Nine rewards and only ONE is 500 points? Stupid!

I don't see why they can't put up a "points redemption store" (instead of that stupid scroll slideshow)  and then have different tiers for different options.  And also make it possible to accumulate points for perks easily (paired with higher point values).  HIgher point values should be rewarded for taking the bag and giving reviews (a la Glossybox and Birchbox).

They could have the 500 and 1000 perks as always - and since the current point-categories are glaringly empty, it might embarrass them into adding more options and keeping those sections stocked.

A 350-500 point perk could be for one of their previous months' bags - bag only (especially for recent signups who might want to collect more).

They could start up the 1500 point perk category again for former ('Mystery') Glam Bags.

And maybe a 2000 points category for a free new bag the following month (like Glossy and Julep do).  And maybe even an additional 2500 point perk for the free new bag the following month -plus- one extra bonus product that was NOT included in your Glam Bags that month.

They could even make a 4000 - 5000 point special "limited edition" bag full of their best high end products, with the bags and contents being themed ifor a Christmas, New Year's, and/or Valentine's Glam Bag.

That's just a start.  But if I can come up with that off the top of my head, surely they can too!

I don't see why they can't put up a "points redemption store" (instead of that stupid scroll slideshow)  and then have different tiers for different options.  And also make it possible to accumulate points for perks easily (paired with higher point values).  HIgher point values should be rewarded for taking the bag and giving reviews (a la Glossybox and Birchbox).

They could have the 500 and 1000 perks as always - and since the current point-categories are glaringly empty, it might embarrass them into adding more options and keeping those sections stocked.

A 350-500 point perk could be for one of their previous months' bags - bag only (especially for recent signups who might want to collect more).

They could start up the 1500 point perk category again for former ('Mystery') Glam Bags.

And maybe a 2000 points category for a free new bag the following month (like Glossy and Julep do).  And maybe even an additional 2500 point perk for the free new bag the following month -plus- one extra bonus product that was NOT included in your Glam Bags that month.

They could even make a 4000 - 5000 point special "limited edition" bag full of their best high end products, with the bags and contents being themed ifor a Christmas, New Year's, and/or Valentine's Glam Bag.

That's just a start.  But if I can come up with that off the top of my head, surely they can too!
You should send this idea to them! They do need more 300-500 points rewards, and an item from a previous bag (or the bag itself) would be an amazing idea. I'm sure they are a few left overs right?!

I've been with Ipsy for a year and a half, longer if you count the first time I subbed to them.  I've been with Birchbox since May of this year, and I don't think I fully understood just how poor Ipsy's point program is until I cashed in my Birchbox points for $40 towards full size products in their shop.

I haven't been with Birchbox even 6 months, yet my points got me a heck of a lot more than nail stickers.  Heck, the free mystery pack you get with your order were worth more than the nail stickers.  With my Ipsy points, I don't have enough points to redeem for their dinky stickers even if I wanted them.  And my points keep expiring.  

I've been debating canceling because of the points program, but also because of the brands they partner with and the fact that Ipsy doesn't have a shop like Birchbox does.  I really hate punching in my credit card on numerous websites, and with Ipsy most of the brands they partner with have iffy-looking websites that don't make me feel eager to shop with them even if I did like their product and would be interested in purchasing it.  

ETA: I just went ahead and canceled Ipsy.

Last edited by a moderator:
10374513_737893456257978_213007548656815844_n.png

I noticed that I'd been referring lots of my site's visitors to Ipsy but hadn't received any referral points in AGES.  Then I logged into Ipsy and saw that my referral code had changed- it was now longer with a string at the end describing the traffic source.  Has anyone else noticed this?  Do you know if you will still receive points when people follow the older style of link (meaning that none of the hundreds of visitors I've referred have subscribed?) or if you have to update to the new link (did I miss the announcement or something?).

THANKS

I think the addition of lower point value rewards is a great idea. As far as higher point value rewards, it's pretty difficult to accumulate even 1,000 points before they start expiring. So unless you're a blogger and have lots of readers using your referral link, I don't see how anyone would ever reach into the multiple thousands of points territory before earlier points expired. They would need to do away with point expiration all together or extend their expiration date by another 6-12 months to make this viable for all subscribers (not just those with blogs/YouTube channels/websites)

quote name="avaisdancing" post="2294844" timestamp="1411483763"]You should send this idea to them! They do need more 300-500 points rewards, and an item from a previous bag (or the bag itself) would be an amazing idea. I'm sure they are a few left overs right?!

Back