Ipsy Points Rewards

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
grrr. . . I actually have 500 points and all of those items sold out in, what? An hour? I can't obsessively stalk the Ipsy points page - especially not when there hasn't been anything new in so long :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Darn, I was kind of hoping for a few more offerings for Cyber Monday. Come on, Ipsy! I'm not sure how long I have left until the points from my one referral expire and I drop back below 1,000... and I really don't want to wind up with the never-ending NYX kit.

If they made it a regular thing that they would put the extras from the month's bag up as point rewards I think a lot fewer people would be as upset as they get when they don't get the things they are hoping for in their bag.  If they did it every month too they might eventually get to a point where the lower point value things hang around for more than an hour or so before they are sold out.  It is so disappointing to have the points but not be able to spend them on anything because they are all sold out.

OMG, I NEVER thought it would go. Now to get rid of those nail stickers.
Easy. . .

Step 1:  Don't release anything new for points rewards for months and months.  

Step 2:  Let people build up their points - and their terror at watching their points expire without getting anything for them.

Step 3:  Watch 'em sell out.

Step 4:  Immediately post items those people would have wanted if they hadn't felt the need to spend their points on crap like nail stickers and laugh :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

....the nail stickers sold out at some point, and they put in some random BaB eye crayon for 500 points that sold out quickly. 

So now the only rewards are those 1,000 point Bareminerals eye bases. Yeah, no. 

Ipsy really doesn't care, do they? 

Dammit! I had used up the bulk of my points on that Benefit stuff and was planning to unsub as soon as my January bag arrived, but now I have to stay on for one more month because I had just enough points left to snag the Skyn Iceland wipes. I LOVE those things. Oh, Ipsy, you so tricksy. Wish I'd had enough points left to get the mango mandarin hand cream as well... I really wanted that one instead of the rose berry that I got in that bag.

Latest posts

Back