Ipsy Points Rewards

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did anyone else get the Bare Minerals lipstick? I got it a month or two ago, and when I used it the first few times, it had a nice vanilla-mint scent. But I just got it out now, and it smells like gross generic lipstick. Not like it's bad, but not yummy like it did before. I looked up the batch code and apparently it was only manufactured in Nov. 2013, so it shouldn't have gone bad yet. But I definitely wouldn't buy one of their lipsticks, based on that! Disappointing.
I got it in a swap, same thing happened to me. Love the color though!

I got it in a swap, same thing happened to me. Love the color though!
I like the color too. It doesn't smell bad enough not to wear it (can't really smell it when it's on), but I loved the smell before! I'm glad it's not just me though - I was worried I was getting sick or something. haha

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a new reward posted on FB: Teadora Rainforest at Dawn OR at Dusk Shampoo/Conditioner set.

2 oz each? So these are mini/travel size? Seriously? That's a reward? Even for expensive shampoo, that's pretty sad.

2 oz each? So these are mini/travel size? Seriously? That's a reward? Even for expensive shampoo, that's pretty sad.
They are sets equal to $20. I redeemed for them just because I've been wanting to cancel, and really who wants to pay for shampoo? Not me, and they get good reviews.

They are sets equal to $20. I redeemed for them just because I've been wanting to cancel, and really who wants to pay for shampoo? Not me, and they get good reviews.
Still, it seems like travel size shampoos are something that should come in bags, not as rewards, even if they are expensive. It seems like the rewards are getting worse lately. That said, I might redeem for them too, since I plan to cancel after August as well, and I want to use up my points (better than the cream eyeshadow that I already got in a bag or those nail stickers, at least).

Did anyone else get the Bare Minerals lipstick? I got it a month or two ago, and when I used it the first few times, it had a nice vanilla-mint scent. But I just got it out now, and it smells like gross generic lipstick. Not like it's bad, but not yummy like it did before. I looked up the batch code and apparently it was only manufactured in Nov. 2013, so it shouldn't have gone bad yet. But I definitely wouldn't buy one of their lipsticks, based on that! Disappointing.
I did!  It smells like fancy Christmas candy.  I think the mini does smell a little better than the reward point.  I'm surprised the color works well on me.

New 500 pt reward! Too Faced bronzer!

I don't even use bronzer and I'm tempted LOL

Nevermind! It's already sold out :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Sorry. It went OOS in under an hour. Maybe this will show ipsy they need to do more of the 500 pt rewards!

Nevermind! It's already sold out :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Sorry. It went OOS in under an hour. Maybe this will show ipsy they need to do more of the 500 pt rewards!
I think it was even less than that. I checked after about 15 min and it was already gone. But yes, more 500 point rewards.

I just am kind of disappointed with the whole Ipsypoints thing in general. Unless you spam people, there's really no way to get enough points.
UGH right?! I am a loyal subscriber and a bonus or two that doesn't involve being so annoying and posting about Ipsy all over the web would be nice

I have been subscribing since May 2014. According to my point history, you can get a total of 90 points a month (based on 5 product per month).

That means that by the time the 1st month's points expire you should have just enough to redeem for a reward (usually 1000 points).

It would be great if they continued with the 500 point rewards - two rewards a year! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Regardless, at this rate (90 points per month), I will be able to redeem my points with my March bag (an extra birthday gift!) :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have been subscribing since May 2014. According to my point history, you can get a total of 90 points a month (based on 5 product per month).

That means that by the time the 1st month's points expire you should have just enough to redeem for a reward (usually 1000 points).

It would be great if they continued with the 500 point rewards - two rewards a year! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Regardless, at this rate (90 points per month), I will be able to redeem my points with my March bag (an extra birthday gift!) :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I had been a subscriber since October 2013 and have never gotten 90 a month.  I actually opted to not take an August bag, partly because I had been a subscriber since October 2013 and by July 2014, only had 800 points. The popup points didn't start until, I believe, around January of this year and, from my experience are pretty hit and miss, so I would't count on them.  

Frankly, part of the reason I ditched Ipsy is because I wouldn't be able to redeem my points without harassing people.  Honestly, I loathe companies that want me to open up my contact list in exchange for random samples.  No thanks.

I hope they do another 500 point reward this month, I'm ready to cancel and I'd hate to lose my points.
I'm getting ready to cancel soon as well but their awful points system will probably not even give me anything for all the time it took to earn them. Very sad :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I subbed to Birchbox... very nice brands and they do a lot of promos, recently, offering subscribers to pick a sample to be in their box and the points you earn with BB add up quick and can be redeemedbfor stuff in their shop.

Anyways back to Ipsy, it's just not exciting anymore. Yes I do enjoy when they partner with UD but the sizes of the stuff I want are so ittybitty!! I keep seeing the same old brands.

Only thing keeping me from unsubbing is the pain I'd go through if it was a good bag right after I cancelled :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My ipsyPoints dropped dramatically by 750 so I was like wth? I checked my activity and it said that 250 was expired - mmm okay I'm fine with that... then I see that 500 points were redeemed (...wait I NEVER redeemed anything and the only 500 point reward that they had was the Too Faced Bronzer - which doesn't show up in my history).

So I emailed them and they said that I redeemed the 500 ipsyPoints in July 2013!!! Anyways to make my story short... emails were sent back and forth like 2-3 times and I was like theres no point on being nice anymore because this person is  obviously not reading my emails correctly. So I was like here's the screen shot of the "new lower ipsypoints reward" since [we] asked and [they] listened" and that there was NEVER a 500 pt reward in July 2013 - so I want my points back.

Let's see what she has to say now because I am so SICK and tired of emailing this person trying to explain it over and over again.

/endWITCHYrant

*I apologize if I don't make sense.. I just typed that out of anger... and I don't feel like editing.

My ipsyPoints dropped dramatically by 750 so I was like wth? I checked my activity and it said that 250 was expired - mmm okay I'm fine with that... then I see that 500 points were redeemed (...wait I NEVER redeemed anything and the only 500 point reward that they had was the Too Faced Bronzer - which doesn't show up in my history).

So I emailed them and they said that I redeemed the 500 ipsyPoints in July 2013!!! Anyways to make my story short... emails were sent back and forth like 2-3 times and I was like theres no point on being nice anymore because this person is  obviously not reading my emails correctly. So I was like here's the screen shot of the "new lower ipsypoints reward" since [we] asked and [they] listened" and that there was NEVER a 500 pt reward in July 2013 - so I want my points back.

Let's see what she has to say now because I am so SICK and tired of emailing this person trying to explain it over and over again.

/endWITCHYrant

*I apologize if I don't make sense.. I just typed that out of anger... and I don't feel like editing.
I wonder if they are doing that due to the old referral "rewards"

they took out tons of points from my account when they switched to the point system, because I had gotten several "bonuses" (ones I didn't pick nor want) because I referred xx amount of people

nice, huh?

but that should have happened to your account last year when they switched over, not now....

Back