tacehtpuekam

Birchbox July 2014 - Spoilers!

Ugh... No clicky truck or updated box contents... I woke up today excited to check my ipsy and bb! Nothing on either! Wtf!

You got the same punishment box I did? Sorry to hear that. :(

ETA: On a happier note, nice wedding pic! :)

Thank you :)

Exact same box on both subs with radically different profiles? WTF, BotchBox?

...derp. It just hadn't updated the second sub box yet. My bad.

So, it looks to me like those of us who were able to pick our sample with the email link are getting what we chose but those who had to contact CS are not.  My box shows I'll be getting the Relic polish, which is the color I picked through the email and I also got a confirmation email for it the next day.  I am excited for my box this month,  it's box 21.  I'll be getting Relic, the remover pads, BP mask, Laqa, Suki cleanser, and Balance Me eye cream.  I'm really hoping the Laqa will be purple, I've been dying to get one in my box for a couple months now and almost bought one with points a couple weeks ago.  I think this will probably be the first box I've ever gotten where I will actually use everything!

I had to email, and my polish is showing on my July box page. Let's hope it actually arrives.
  • Like 1

Still no box update or clicky truck!

Sorry you have the same issue I do, but glad it's not just me! Margarita beach party time while we wait! Lol.

• Like 3

Wait, I'm sorry to ask again but I don't have the time to look through the thread. I didn't email CS yet, got an email to pick a sample, and the emailed me with an "oops sorry!" email: "Unfortunately, it has come to our attention that a few customers did not receive the confirmed sample choice in their July box. Don't fret - your correct sample choice will be on its way to you shortly! "

Was it clarified if we're getting it shipped separately and just won't be able to review it, or for a future box? ;_; Sorry, please inform me--

Punishment boxes, all of them. At least I got my reserved nail polish and the BP mask. I just wanted one box with any number of the awesome items this month, Harvey Prince lotion, Suki, Posiebalm, skyn...now I'm probably going to buy the Harvey Prince lotion, at least when they have another 20% code. Grr so frustrated and feeling dumb that I opened my other two accounts for all the awesome products this month that I didn't get.

@@Kelly Silva, well seems like a lot of people want to try that peeling mask!! Personally, I am hoping it's awesome!! I know also a few people are looking for that body wash too, check the trade threads :P 

• Like 1

Wait, I'm sorry to ask again but I don't have the time to look through the thread. I didn't email CS yet, got an email to pick a sample, and the emailed me with an "oops sorry!" email: "Unfortunately, it has come to our attention that a few customers did not receive the confirmed sample choice in their July box. Don't fret - your correct sample choice will be on its way to you shortly! "

Was it clarified if we're getting it shipped separately and just won't be able to review it, or for a future box? ;_; Sorry, please inform me--

The unprompted follow up email wasn't clear. I would imagine it'd arrive separately as it'd be:

1) Too difficult to flag boxes to add one more item in

2) Many boxes may already be on their journey

3) Boxes already arrived like mine (and I got the email)

I did notice on my outer cardboard print that said This package confirms to 49 CFR 173.4. I haven't looked it up, but guess it's about nail polish. My best guess is that's also why they started shipping early because it had to go ground.

Hmmm, so there's no way I can only use a specific amount of points right? Like say I just want to use $30 worth of points instead of the entire $60 worth I have, not possible? 

Hmmm, so there's no way I can only use a specific amount of points right? Like say I just want to use $30 worth of points instead of the entire $60 worth I have, not possible? 

Nope, only way is to cash out $30 worth onto gift cards, and use them that way.

• Like 1

Silly birchbox!! Be like Memebox where I can decide how many points I wanna use / get rid of your weird system that forces me to blow them all if the total doesn't match the exact number in my cart. 

On a related topic about points, if my account has 250 points am I able to buy a $25 gift card?

no, points can only be used in increments of 100 ($10)

Annoying, but there is a bright side: if you cash out points into gift cards for a total of more than $35, you can order the mystery sample pack! :)

On a related topic about points, if my account has 250 points am I able to buy a $25 gift card?

Nope, you can only spend points in increments of 100. However, you can buy two $10 gift cards. You will have to add two individual $10 gift cards (but they can have the same info) as you can't just increase the quantity of gift cards once you've added one to your cart, though.

• Like 1

The way around that is to cash out $30 in gift cards and then leave the other $30 as points in your account. It's tedious, but at least you can control how much you're using in points! :)

EDIT: Hahaha, I see someone has already beat me to it! 

• Like 1

Just FYI, I emailed BB to ask about duplicates since the polishes I'm going to be receiving won't be a part of my 'box history.' She said she's not sure if they'll be sending Ruffians again but if they do there's no way to mark my account to show I already got them. But did say to just email them if that happens & they'll take care of it.

So...basically, we could get dupes but I'm guessing we'll get points for it.

I'm happy with both of my boxes -- a good mix of products and only one dupe (the Naobay lotion). But man, that 100% Pure body wash is a huuuuge bummer. Smells so beautiful, no lather, doesn't get you clean. Womp womp.

Annoying, but there is a bright side: if you cash out points into gift cards for a total of more than $35, you can order the mystery sample pack! :)

:w00t: I had no idea you could do this!! I want to try it with the Aces exclusive bonus pack!

Muahaha, I may have just done that! 

Also, Christmas on a cracker, the site is SO SLOW. 

• Like 1

You guys I feel like I won the BB lottery!  When my boxes updated I was so excited.  On my annual sub it looks like I am getting the polish I reserved (granted it has yet to show up and this is BB so it could change) but I also got the Poisie balm!

post-84001-0-74955400-1405033861_thumb.png

I am not very excited about the Caudalie but that from that box the only sample I am not interested in!

For my Acct I have had since March

post-84001-0-40709700-1405033933_thumb.png

This box is more meh to me.  I do not like Whish, the divine oil or St Tropez.  Hoping the CS Revealed 2 is in something other than sunset but happy I got my polish and a 6 items box!  Reviewing for points, going to cancel and resub and cash my points onto a GC!

Sorry for all those ladies that got lackluster boxes, did not get what you selected etc.  I have been there and know how it feels.  Happy almost Friday!

• Like 4

Box finally updated. I'm at least getting the sample I signed up for, but I'm also getting lotion for the third month in a row, and not even the hello lotion grrr.

Box 45

Cynthia Rowley Beauty Creamy Lip Stain
Naobay Body Radiance Lotion
Real Chemistry Luminous 3-Minute Peel
Ofra Universal Eyebrow Pencil
100% Pure Gingerade Shower Gel (Honey Cream Wash)

Infinite sadness.  :(  The only thing I'm looking forward to is the stain that I reserved.  I already received the Ofra last month from Ipsy.