Birchbox July 2014 - Spoilers!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would really like to try out the Beauty Protector hair mask. I was going to buy it but $25.95 is really steep for only a 4oz product. Hoping they send this out next month or in the upcoming months!

beautyprotector_protectandtreatmask_900x900_1.jpg
I would also love to sample the Beauty Protector mask this month. I really don't need another full size hair mask right now, but I'dd really like to try it. I like all the other Beauty Protector products.

I've only ever bought the Birchbox LE boxes but had to sub when I noticed Ibotta, (cashback mobile app I use for normal everyday purchases), had a $10 rebate for subbing to Birchbox. Add that to the JetBlue bonus code and I could not pass up those points... probably getting used for my next LE box. lol

With that said, bring on the spoilers :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I decided to cancel and resubscribe so I could get the free 100 points! lol hopefully its a good box and I would love the BP Mask too!!!  Im still waiting to try the shampoo and conditioner...

If I start a new sub today with JetBlue code- will I get Jine box or will my box start in July?

If I start a new sub today with JetBlue code- will I get Jine box or will my box start in July?
I don't know if it's different for everyone but last month I opened up a completely new account on the 31st using that exact promo code and instead of giving me June's box, they still ended up giving me May's box.  It's so weird that they would still give me May's box even though I signed up on the very last day of the month thinking I was ensuring myself that I would get the June's box.  My logic being there's no way they would still give me a May's box.  I was totally wrong and the very next day, I was charged again for the June's box.  I was pretty peeved.

I've only ever bought the Birchbox LE boxes but had to sub when I noticed Ibotta, (cashback mobile app I use for normal everyday purchases), had a $10 rebate for subbing to Birchbox. Add that to the JetBlue bonus code and I could not pass up those points... probably getting used for my next LE box. lol

With that said, bring on the spoilers :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
So how did you do this through ibotta? I have it open but cant figure it out! 

So how did you do this through ibotta? I have it open but cant figure it out!
It is showing up under my Health & Beauty Tab, Birchbox category. I noticed it a while back but it was only $3 cash back. It recently changed to $10 cash back so was super excited. After you unlock the rebate it sends you a link to your email to use to sign up for Birchbox.

I can't believe she had twins!! It seemed like she went on maternity leave pretty early, I won't lie I was a little concerned! She seemed super healthy and pregnant, but with twins who knows if she was on bed rest or whatnot. Their names are so east coast-y, they are destined to be chefs :p

I was like -- dude, wtf. You're an idiot.
2.6 Mil for a 1br in Chelsea... CEO ballin' what what. (and I thought SF was expensive)

If anybody else is a real estate geek like I am it's listed on Trulia, but Katia definitely decorated it wayyy better than the listing photos.

Screen Shot 2014-06-23 at 3.13.29 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-06-23 at 3.16.26 AM.png

@@gypsiemagic Bahahha. I looked it up on trulia too. Oh katia, this is why you don't put your address online! Although - she didn't have many followers (3k at the time, yeah?) and I'm assuming that was the first time BB linked to her IG so maybe she thought her IG was more on the personal/private side? But, c'mon lady - nothing is private when it's the internets!

crossposted in June since this thread doesn't seem too active right now, but the July addons are up:

I guess they're introducing the hair mask and dry shampoo at the same time?

july bb addon.png

Ok wait... the dry shampoo is $18 to add on & says it's a $21.95 value. Does that mean it's going to be $39.95 in the shop?!

Ok wait... the dry shampoo is $18 to add on & says it's a $21.95 value. Does that mean it's going to be $39.95 in the shop?!
No, it'll probably be $21.95 in the shop. Values typically indicate their full size price in birchbox land (if I recall correctly) but most of the other stores advertise values the way you thought of it!

No, it'll probably be $21.95 in the shop. Values typically indicate their full size price in birchbox land (if I recall correctly) but most of the other stores advertise values the way you thought of it!
Phew, ok! I'll just wait til it hits the shop then. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm super curious about this select-an-item thing they have going on next month!  I hope it's something more interesting than silver or black eyeliner.  And that it's not eyeliner.  I love eyeliner, but I have literally more than six dozen.  I counted a couple of months ago.

Also:  Katia had her babies!  (And, uh, side note to Katia:  Didja realize that your Instagram is linked from the Birchbox account?  And that account includes a wedding invitation from someone with YOUR COMPLETE HOME ADDRESS?  *And* the happy couple's home address?)  (Heh.  Our very own @ pointed that out to her.)
What does the select-an-item mean? We get to pick an item that goes in our box?

What does the select-an-item mean? We get to pick an item that goes in our box?
They haven't really said anything else about it so far - it could be like the CR eyeliner or something completely different.  Hopefully they will give an update this week.

I want that dry shampoo!!!! and the battery! But I have points and codes to use so hella pass since doing an add on probably means getting a delayed box!  They are nice add-ons though.

Welp...I just added on the battery. I like the thinness of it, the patterns are just too cute and since I have a few trips planned in the next 6 months where I will be no where near an outlet, it will go to good use. I hope my box is not delayed too much, and we do get points for the add ons right?

I'm not sold on the add ons, especially since I just used all my points lol!  I hope we get some info on the select an item soon! and I hope it's awesome!

Back