Birchbox July 2014 - Spoilers!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cross posted on the June thread too but-

Those add-ons don't look that great to me, personally. You only save 4 on the one that I would get, the BP dry shampoo, which is a little less than if I bought it with a 20% off code.

And I've looked into that battery before, it has horrible reviews. If you want a really good external battery, go to amazon and look up Anker external batteries. I got a really great one for $45, and it lasts for 5-6 full phone charges instead of this one which I think was only 1 1/2 to 2 charges.

I always love Beauty Protector's packaging! LOL :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

While I don't need/use dry shampoo, I will say that I'm still so incredibly in love with my BP protecting spray. Like...my hair is healthier than it's ever been solely because of it. If they raised the price to $50 a bottle I'd still buy it. I'm still trying to convince myself that I need the oil. I don't really, but I want to pretend I do, haha :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Can someone explain to me the points system a little more clearly? I read the FAQ but for some reason I can't wrap my head around the increments of 100 thing. Also, do you all normally just send a gift card to your main account when you sub with a code like BBJETBLUE on a second account? Thanks, I just want to learn all the tricks of the trade.  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i have all of the samples we get to choose from... ughhhh maybe this month isnt the month i should of had 2 subscriptions.... hopefully everything else is new stuff

I like the nailpolish one that I can pick my color.  I already am getting the lipgloss (twice, mind you) - once from a promo and another from a replacement box in june.  I don't want lipgloss!

I'm pretty excited about this. I'm getting 4 boxes so I'll definitely pick each of the Ruffian colors. I already have both of those lip stains. If only Tulip were an option... I hope they sample it at some point. My slight OCD tendencies combined with being a glut make me need all 3 in mini.

That sucks for me. I just got the lip stain in my first box and I hate it. I'm not a big nail polish person either. Oh well.

I decided to cancel and resubscribe so I could get the free 100 points! lol hopefully its a good box and I would love the BP Mask too!!!  Im still waiting to try the shampoo and conditioner...
I'm new to BB, so I'm still trying to figure out the ropes... are you saying that if you cancel and re-subscribe, you can keep your current points AND get the extra 100 from the JetBlue code? I was just feeling super-annoyed that I had signed up right before finding this code, but being able to cancel and re-sub when there are good codes would make up for it.

Can someone explain to me the points system a little more clearly? I read the FAQ but for some reason I can't wrap my head around the increments of 100 thing. Also, do you all normally just send a gift card to your main account when you sub with a code like BBJETBLUE on a second account? Thanks, I just want to learn all the tricks of the trade.  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I can't help with the resubbing, but I can explain the points. For every 100 points you accumulate, you get $10 off in the store. So for instance,I have 286 points. That means I can take $20 off a purchase in the store.

You get points for writing reviews for products that are in your monthly box - 10 points per review. You also get 1 point for every dollar you spend in the store. So the points pile up pretty quickly, especially if you buy stuff in the store.

Hope that helped!

I'm new to BB, so I'm still trying to figure out the ropes... are you saying that if you cancel and re-subscribe, you can keep your current points AND get the extra 100 from the JetBlue code? I was just feeling super-annoyed that I had signed up right before finding this code, but being able to cancel and re-sub when there are good codes would make up for it.
yeah i was able to cancel an re-subscribe and keep all my points and get the bonus points! 

yeah i was able to cancel an re-subscribe and keep all my points and get the bonus points! 
@@Monica Sue, thanks for clarifying! One more question about that: can you just re-sub right away, or do you have to wait a while after canceling before re-subbing?

Also, another question... I notice that some of you ladies seem to use an awful lot of gift cards when making your purchases. Are these actual gifts, or am I right in guessing that these are purchased from your different points from multiple subscriptions, so that you can combine them?

Back