tacehtpuekam

Birchbox July 2014 - Spoilers!

@@kawaiimeows your advice worked! Thanks!

I'm getting the ruffian polish in ambrosia (what I picked), the benefit posie balm, beauty protector hair mask, naobay lotion, ruffian polish remover wipes and real chemistry 3 minute peel. I am beyond excited for this little box of wonder!

I am hoping that is my box too! I picked Ambrosia and barely got a shipping notice tonight and it has not updated

• Like 1

Omg I just emailed too and this is also my box!!!! Holy fricken shiz balls I am the happiest girl in the world!!! Lolo, meet dream box!!!!! :) :) :)

Also, my page unlocked about 60 seconds after I emailed. I wonder if it's automated.

I just emailed in hopes that I'm getting this amazing box too...I'll keep you guys posted...keep your fingers crossed for me!

• Like 1

I am hoping that is my box too! I picked Ambrosia and barely got a shipping notice tonight and it has not updated

Sounds like that might be your box then! Mine didn't update with shipping until much later in the day.

Omg I just emailed too and this is also my box!!!! Holy fricken shiz balls I am the happiest girl in the world!!! Lolo, meet dream box!!!!! :) :) :)

Also, my page unlocked about 60 seconds after I emailed. I wonder if it's automated.

normally i would be meh about lotion because i've been getting SO much of it this spring/summer from birchbox, but i'm so excited about everything else that i don't mind. plus the description of it sounds lovely.

• Like 1

I don't know if this has been answered, but is the LAQA a full size? As in, is the size in the Birchbox the same size that is on the BB website? They both say .07 oz... but I'm just not sure if that is right or not lol 

I love the purple color!! I actually put it on at work and put my Creme Brulee Butter Gloss over it! Perfect!! :)

I don't know if this has been answered, but is the LAQA a full size? As in, is the size in the Birchbox the same size that is on the BB website? They both say .07 oz... but I'm just not sure if that is right or not lol 

I love the purple color!! I actually put it on at work and put my Creme Brulee Butter Gloss over it! Perfect!! :)

Did you get one of the laqa lil lips in the past? Its the same size as those.

eta: i noticed the lip lube page says .07 oz and the lil lips say they're .07 each too. Pretty sure the full size lip lube is not the same size as the minis o.O

• Like 1

No, but they're pretty close. The full size is .10 oz
  • Like 1

Did you get one of the laqa lil lips in the past? Its the same size as those.

eta: i noticed the lip lube page says .07 oz and the lil lips say they're .07 each too. Pretty sure the full size lip lube is not the same size as the minis o.O

I've never gotten one of the laqa lil lips... and yeah, the sizes are why I was wondering... the lip lube I got is short and fat... and says .07 on the tube. 

I think the full size versions of the pencils are 0.13 oz, so the minis are about half size. I was really surprised by the colors. I thought the purple would be unwearable but it's actually really pretty and easy to sheer out. A couple more swipes and it's semi-opaque purple. The coral didn't work as well for me. It seemed more opaque and a little patchier looking on application. 

• Like 1

I think the full size versions of the pencils are 0.13 oz, so the minis are about half size. I was really surprised by the colors. I thought the purple would be unwearable but it's actually really pretty and easy to sheer out. A couple more swipes and it's semi-opaque purple. The coral didn't work as well for me. It seemed more opaque and a little patchier looking on application.

They are .10, I have them all. I think someone mentioned a typo on the bb site before though. Here's a comparison:

post-97934-0-59065200-1405050923_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Might be box 39, I had to email them to update it for me and a few other people just did that too.

that is my dream box for this month! I hit the lottery on this account again if this is true! :D

The rep refused to update my box but I got 100 points for the late box (I didn't even hint at points when I contacted her) so I'll wait until the morning to see if it's updated.

• Like 1

nope. i got a full size lip lube (the hot pink one) and it's twice as big as the size going out in boxes.

• Like 1

Ughhhh boxes, please update! :( I decided to email. I am crossing my fingers for that amazing box with the PosieBalm and mask and peel. I requested Ambrosia on both so it's not necessarily outside the realm of possibility!

I should probably just be patient. It might update overnight regardless, but if not, then I've emailed and I have a higher chance of it getting fixed. I hate to waste their time with something silly, but if anything they are probably rewarded for solving problems quickly.

I wonder if every BB employee gets a free subscription? I also wonder if they get a "points allowance" for being employees? I would love to see a day in the life for one of them.

• Like 1

Ughhhh boxes, please update! :( I decided to email. I am crossing my fingers for that amazing box with the PosieBalm and mask and peel. I requested Ambrosia on both so it's not necessarily outside the realm of possibility!

I should probably just be patient. It might update overnight regardless, but if not, then I've emailed and I have a higher chance of it getting fixed. I hate to waste their time with something silly, but if anything they are probably rewarded for solving problems quickly.

I wonder if every BB employee gets a free subscription? I also wonder if they get a "points allowance" for being employees? I would love to see a day in the life for one of them.

I just emailed birchbox to update my page a few minutes ago and the box loaded.  It's a good box https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/july-2014/july-2014-bb67, but I hoped that I got the other one people were getting (39, I believe). I definitely didn't expect an answer from a birchbox rep around 3am EST, lol.

They do get a free subscription and a yearly allowance in the stores, plus cool gifts such as sneakers, headphones, etc on their work anniversaries. Some of the perks are listed here: http://www.birchbox.com/about/careers

• Like 1

Worst part about getting my box already....

I'm done with July and ready for August! Haha.

Browsing through the "what's new" section of the bb shop I saw an add on for next month. Thongs! Made me lol..

post-105095-0-11080100-1405064217_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Browsing through the "what's new" section of the bb shop I saw an add on for next month. Thongs! Made me lol..

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

oh lawd, lol  :blush:

• Like 2

OMG yes they're now also carrying the Harvey Prince Hello Body Wash!!! :wub:  If I love the Hello Body Cream, you can bet I'm buying full sizes of the body wash and the lotion in my next order. 

• Like 2

My second account is stuck in the past. I'm hoping it will show me box 3 when it finally realizes it's July. *crosses fingers*  :rolleyes: 

I couldn't be more pleased with my main account box. I'm getting box 31, my top choice!  :wub: 
post-98693-0-04521200-1405069032.png

• Like 8

Box 39!!

I think that in the almost 4 years (!) that I've been subscribed, this is my favorite box. And to think last night I had a dream that they sent me a bacon cheeseburger and some of those little garden seed papers.

Thanks, Birchbox! :)

• Like 9

Well looks like I'll be getting box 19. Too bad this is the box combination that I was least excited about. The one sample I like is the one I picked, ha! My first two BBs were great; my last two months, ehh, not so much. Oh well, I guess off to the swaps forum & on to wait for next month!

post-112522-0-00469100-1405079560.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Are you getting all three colors for the $22 or just one for $22? If it's one, those are some pricy undies! Even 3 for $22 isn't really great since VS has 5 or 6 pairs for $25-$27 all the time.

• Like 1

Guys, they've added the St. tropez tanning mitt to the shop and a placeholder for the bronzing mousse! Both are currently out of stock but I can't wait to buy them!!

• Like 3

I have no idea what box number it is, but yay...a box I love! I did not reserve a nail polish; happy to be receiving the one I would have reserved though, had I the opportunity.

LAQA & Co. Sheer Lip Lube Pencil - BB must really want me to try this...second coral one I'm getting
Marcelle New·Age 8 in 1 Power Serum - I was hoping to try
RUFFIAN Nail Lacquer - Ambrosia - yay...wanted this
Naobay Body Radiance Lotion - my third one!

• Like 5

Box 39!!

I think that in the almost 4 years (!) that I've been subscribed, this is my favorite box. And to think last night I had a dream that they sent me a bacon cheeseburger and some of those little garden seed papers.

Thanks, Birchbox! :)

This made me lol. ;)