kawaiisofoxy

Birchbox August 2014 - Spoilers!

I got Box 52!  Pretty decent box.  I did not pick a sample.

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/august-2014/august-2014-bb52

Seriously - I got dry shampoo and black eyeliner in BOTH my Birchbox & Ipsy this month.  I'm excited about the dry shampoos, I currently use Herbal Essences and like it, so I'm anxious to see what both of these brands can do considering they get good reviews.  I'm not a fan of black eyeliner - it's a very harsh look for me.

I really like the Vasanti Brighten Up, so I'm excited to try the cleanser.  The Dr Jart I find interesting, I'm looking forward to trying that this morning.  And the body lotion is kind of meh. I like lotions, but I'm not sure about the scent yet.

So overall I'm pretty happy even if I did wind up with black eyeliner - the other items are a pretty good fit.

post-109593-0-23344700-1407588522_thumb.jpg

Also - it would be really awesome if next month's Birchbox didn't have a lotion (4 out of my last 6) or a shampoo/conditioner combo (6/6 if you include leave in conditioner, a hair mask, and dry shampoo...)  To be honest, I'm totally shocked I didn't get the shampoo/conditioner combo this month.  The only one I haven't gotten from Birchbox is the No 4 duo - and I think that's because it's for volumizing and I have thick hair.  Other than that, I've gotten all the other shampoo/conditioner products they've sent out.  So I'll probably get the Neil George stuff next month...

Edited by onelilspark

I'm so dissapointed that the benefit liner is a sample size.  I had thought there was no way they could make that pen tiny and so it should be full size.  Also is anyone else having a horrible time getting the lid to stay on?  I had to tape mine because it just kept coming off.

Not sure if I read this here or where, but I remember reading that people contacted customer service and them helping them with their profile answers to make it more relevant. Was this over the phone or email? No one ever answers their phone when I call. Even the great point system isn't making this worth it, but I really want to fix it since I signed up for a year and it is working for some people so I must be doing something wrong. Minus July (which was awesome,) I have had 1 or 0 samples that I like every month.

Yay, I got Box 2! This was the one I was hoping for, assuming I got my PYS choice.

I had picked the eyeshadow, but after that I realized my account was about to auto-renew for another year and I wanted to switch to month-to-month. (Didn't they used to have the option to do this on the "Account Settings" page?) I had to email them to ask, and they cancelled my subscription and told me to re-open it as month-to-month. I was worried that since I cancelled and then resubscribed, my PYS choice would have been lost.

The eyeshadow is very nice - I just put a little bit on, and it's subtle and pretty, and not too overly sparkly. The lotion smells good too, I can always use travel shampoo and conditioner (and they're generous sizes), and I'm excited to try the face mask!

• Like 1

I'm so dissapointed that the benefit liner is a sample size.  I had thought there was no way they could make that pen tiny and so it should be full size.  Also is anyone else having a horrible time getting the lid to stay on?  I had to tape mine because it just kept coming off.

Youre disappointed its not a full size $24 eyeliner? :blink: That is a bummer your lid doesn't stay on, though, I haven't had an issue with mine.

• Like 7

When I click on my tracking for my main account, it pulls up TWO packages..?? One is in transit and one says it's being prepared. 

At first I thought maybe they sent the wrong box & were sending a second one like some people have mentioned, but that's the account I didn't pick anything on. 

ETA: Same thing with my second account. Two tracking numbers. But the third account has one. 

Edited by allistra44

When I click on my tracking for my main account, it pulls up TWO packages..?? One is in transit and one says it's being prepared. 

At first I thought maybe they sent the wrong box & were sending a second one like some people have mentioned, but that's the account I didn't pick anything on. 

ETA: Same thing with my second account. Two tracking numbers. But the third account has one. 

Just came here to say the same thing - haven't been able to keep up with this thread this month but I'm glad I'm not the only one who has this...

They pull up as separate packages on USPS too... but they're both due here the same day...?

I picked the everygirl box.

My roommate got an awesome box. Bronzer, Ojon oil, Derma-E Hydrating Mist, Hello Breath Mist and Dr. Jart BB cream. She didn't pick an option

• Like 1

Got my EveryGirl box!  OMG the little liner is so flippin' cute!  The body wash smells awesome (it's citrusy, but very sweet.  Joy Inducing indeed!), I love the Hello! Perfume, I'm always down for a new scrub, and I already have someone in mind for the No. 4 Prep & Protect!

I'm so glad I got this box.  Totally worth bugging Birchbox for 3 days straight to confirm that I got it  :smilehappyyes:

• Like 4

Got my box on my second account.  First time I was ever able to go spoiler free!  I picked the LG eyeshadow and got just the box combo I wanted!  hooray!

post-84001-0-60866200-1407606200_thumb.jpg

Now I just need to find another 100 point code so I can cancel and resub on this acct!

• Like 1

Got my box on my second account. First time I was ever able to go spoiler free! I picked the LG eyeshadow and got just the box combo I wanted! hooray!

Now I just need to find another 100 point code so I can cancel and resub on this acct!

I got the same box. I'm actually pretty pleased, probably because I wanted this combo more than the other two LG options, from what I've seen. I seem to alternate between getting a shampoo and conditioner one month, and a fragrance the next, so the Neil George was expected! I'm happy about the sizes and they smell nice. I'm getting tired of Harvey Prince, but at least it's a body cream rather than a perfume! I have to get through my other lotion samples before I open this one, so I'm not sure how I feel about the scent. I'm really excited to give the mask a try, and plan on using it today. And lastly, the shadow is beautiful, based on my swatch, so I'm excited to see how it works on my lids. After feeling very indifferent about boxes this month, I'm happier than I thought I'd be!

I'm also on the lookout for another 100 point code! I cashed out my points last month so I'm down to zero!

• Like 3

Perfume is not my style, dislike shimmer bronzer and bronzer in general, hand cream with Spf? Really BB?

Oh wells! I'm not one to get worked up over a sub box.

Actually, hands are the one place you really can't hide signs of aging. If you want to get an idea of a woman's real age despite botox and surgery? Check out the backs of her hands. I put sunscreen on mine every day. :) 

• Like 10

Got my box on my second account.  First time I was ever able to go spoiler free!  I picked the LG eyeshadow and got just the box combo I wanted!  hooray!

Got the exact same box. I actually like this box! I'm so excited about the eyeshadow, and I'm probably going to trade the mask away, but the shampoo/conditioner is always used and I LOVE the smell of the lotion! Never had any HP stuff before but now I want to find more of it.

• Like 1

Actually, hands are the one place you really can't hide signs of aging. If you want to get an idea of a woman's real age despite botox and surgery? Check out the backs of her hands. I put sunscreen on mine every day. :)

Or a man...e.g, Karl Lagerfeld:

karl_lagerfeld.jpg

• Like 5

I got my box today.  I like 3 out of the 5 items, so not too bad.  I didn't pick a sample & received box 42:

Screen+Shot+2014-08-07+at+4.17.18+PM.png

The lotion smells really good & the perfume is not too bad.  I will try the face cream.  

I posted on July's thread too, but I just got my Women's Health rebate today.  I sent it maybe two or three weeks ago, for those still waiting. 

I posted on July's thread too, but I just got my Women's Health rebate today.  I sent it maybe two or three weeks ago, for those still waiting. 

I had completely forgotten about this! HAHAHA

Got my second box today. Tracking says it is still in Indiana.

I picked the Stainiac. It came with Vasanti Detox Facial Cleaner, No. 4 Prep and Protect, Whish shaving cream in grapefruit, and a Catherine Malandrino. Which I assume is a perfume. It comes in a black bag with just the name on it. Not a bad box.

Yay, I got Box 2! This was the one I was hoping for, assuming I got my PYS choice.

I had picked the eyeshadow, but after that I realized my account was about to auto-renew for another year and I wanted to switch to month-to-month. (Didn't they used to have the option to do this on the "Account Settings" page?) I had to email them to ask, and they cancelled my subscription and told me to re-open it as month-to-month. I was worried that since I cancelled and then resubscribed, my PYS choice would have been lost.

The eyeshadow is very nice - I just put a little bit on, and it's subtle and pretty, and not too overly sparkly. The lotion smells good too, I can always use travel shampoo and conditioner (and they're generous sizes), and I'm excited to try the face mask!

I looked it up since my annual sub should be renewing next month or the one after.

When will I be billed for my yearly recurring subscription?

All annual subscriptions automatically renew at the end of every 12-month period so that you'll never miss a box (except gift subscriptions—see next question). We'll remind you via email when the auto-renew is about to happen. Yearly subscribers may choose to opt out of auto-renewal by clicking the 'Opt Out of Auto Renewal' link under 'Account Settings'. This link is available during the final month of your annual subscription. To opt out earlier, contact us at 877-487-7272 (9a-9p EST M-F) or click here to send us a message. This will prevent your annual subscription from automatically renewing at the end of the year.

Edited by TracyT
  • Like 2

Got my box today. I never got an email about selecting an option, so I didn't get any of those. I got:

Paula's Choice Retinol Serum: I like the brand, but I've tried this product before and it didn't really do much. Oh well, I'll use it.

Supergoop hand cream: Okay, fine, I'll use it but it's tiny.

Catherine Malandrino perfume: Don't like this scent.

Number 4 Prep & Protect: I'll use it but it's not exciting. 

LAQA Lip Lube in Bees Knees: This is awful. It almost doesn't show up at all, except that it immediately settles into all my lip lines, so I get an ugly nude-orange stripey texture. Not a flattering color for me either. Drying, too.

Question on this. I had three boxes in July, what am I supposed to send for my yearly sub boxes? I only get shipping notices for those.

Went to Target last night and bought 3 of the Nuggs. They redid the whole skin care section and I had a hard time finding them. They ended up being in some new cubes, shelfs in displays that push the items forward. I only found them because the website tells you what aisle they are in at the store. They had plenty of the hydrating and I bought the last revitalizing and also bought an exfoliating. It seems to be an item that people are looking through, it was a mess. They also had an all new skin care section with brand like Vichy and Borghese.

• Like 1

My EG box is still in GA. Boo.. Looks like this month I'm going to get Beauty Box 5 before Birchbox, which never happened before.

Yeah, I was hoping for a full size too. How small is it though? If it's half size of the original pen, I'd say it's still decent, bit if it's smaller than that, then I'm peeved.

My roommate got an awesome box. Bronzer, Ojon oil, Derma-E Hydrating Mist, Hello Breath Mist and Dr. Jart BB cream. She didn't pick an option

I heard a theory that if you don't pick a sample, you may end up with nicer box. Maybe that works :-)