Birchbox August 2014 - Spoilers!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For anyone who doesn't want to watch the video, the products are listed below it.  

Hmmm I think I'm going to go with the eyeliner because I already have Stainiac and I'm not much of a bronzer girl, but when I am I am Hoola all the way.

Also I'm wondering if they're sending the eyeliner out in full size? They showed a mini next to all of the products except the eyeliner?

I like that they're all so different (I thought it was going to be a pick-your-shade thing again). I might just get one of each except for the Stainiac.

Also, Mollie! I haven't been watching the videos lately so I don't know if the other girl is new or not, but just having Mollie there takes down the fakeness a whole lot.

Definitely getting the eye shadow. For my second account I'm debating on the stain or the bronzer....

I like that they're all so different (I thought it was going to be a pick-your-shade thing again). I might just get one of each except for the Stainiac.

Also, Mollie! I haven't been watching the videos lately so I don't know if the other girl is new or not, but just having Mollie there takes down the fakeness a whole lot.
Mollie is seriously always my favorite in the videos. I think she has the best on camera presence of anyone they use.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really torn, the more I think about it. The curation for this selection is spot on - all of these products are good staples to have.

I agree.  She gets to the point but still is able to sell the product.  

I think I might get the bronzer.  I really don't like cream eyeshadow, I have a big staniac to get through, and as much as I love my black eyeliner - I have a good amount.  

I just bought the dang CS palette (blush/bronzer one) with the brushes, though.  I'm torn now...

Not really excited for any of these products.  Maybe there will be the "surprise me" option again. 

I liked last months options so much more.
I feel the same way. I'm thinking if there is a surprise me I might do that with one account.

Meh.  I hate and refuse to use black eyeliner, bronzer just makes me look dirty, and I received Stainiac that month when *everyone* received it.  I liked it, but I always want something *new*.  I'm going to try for the eyeshadow.  Maybe on all three accounts (I don't have a cancel button on my two monthly accounts, so I think I might have pre-paid August on those two when I wasn't paying attention), just to increase the chance that I'll actually receive it.  It looks like it would be good under pigments, and that's pretty much all I wear shadow-wise.

I love Mollie's nail polish, though.  Too bad that's not an option.

I think I will go for the bronzer or the eyeshadow.

If there isn't a "Surprise Me" option, you can always just not choose, which would essentially be the same thing. If you don't actually want a sample, you might as well leave it for someone who does actually want it to choose.

I'm really torn, the more I think about it. The curation for this selection is spot on - all of these products are good staples to have.
And I think this is a big part of why I'm not digging it.  They're staples, and I'm full up on staples. 

I think I will go for the bronzer or the eyeshadow.

If there isn't a "Surprise Me" option, you can always just not choose, which would essentially be the same thing. If you don't actually want a sample, you might as well leave it for someone who does actually want it to choose.
The thing is that I *really* don't want black eyeliner or bronzer.  I feel like picking the one I'm least meh on is the lesser of the four evils.  Getting the shadow in all three boxes will make me less angry than getting bronzer and/or eyeliner.  I didn't pick on one of my July accounts because I didn't want lipstain (I already had both shades) or polish on that one (and by the time I found out that there was a "surprise me" option, all options were sold out, so I didn't even have that option to begin with), and I ended up with lipstain.

I agree.  She gets to the point but still is able to sell the product.  

I think I might get the bronzer.  I really don't like cream eyeshadow, I have a big staniac to get through, and as much as I love my black eyeliner - I have a good amount.  

I just bought the dang CS palette (blush/bronzer one) with the brushes, though.  I'm torn now...
I bought that CS palette w/ the brushes.. I LOVE it! I'm pretty fair so I like the option to blend the darker bronze shades with the lighter "highlighting: shades to custom my own. Some days I just want a little, sometimes I want a more dramatic look! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Great choice!

Even still... I'm torn between the bronzer and the eyeshadow... taupe-y silver is my main color!

And I think this is a big part of why I'm not digging it.  They're staples, and I'm full up on staples. 

The thing is that I *really* don't want black eyeliner or bronzer.  I feel like picking the one I'm least meh on is the lesser of the four evils.  Getting the shadow in all three boxes will make me less angry than getting bronzer and/or eyeliner.  I didn't pick on one of my July accounts because I didn't want lipstain (I already had both shades) or polish on that one (and by the time I found out that there was a "surprise me" option, all options were sold out, so I didn't even have that option to begin with), and I ended up with lipstain.
I thought last month's "surprise me" option actually meant you would get a normal BB without any of the "pick your sample" options? I could be wrong, but I thought I read a few posts when people were frustrated for not recieving ANY of the "PYO" options when they chose "surprise me". Or maybe it was a "you MAY or MAY NOT" thing..

Back