eastofthesun

Holiday Sets: When are they revealed?

Hey guys!

Ok, I'm trying to be patient about buying things in the hope that I can kind of go crazy this Fall with my new VIB code at the same time all the holiday sets are coming out.

Does anyone know when the holiday stuff is revealed so I can start drooling and making a wishlist?

I'm thinking of the Tarte sets- their blush sets, etc. Things like that.

NEED TO KNOW!!!

I don't know, but I'm sure someone on here does! I'm kind of obsessing over the Benefit Advent Calendar. I hope they do that again this year. It's a bit pricey, but it's a great way to try out a lot of their products, and I unfortunately missed it last year.

I'm super anxious too. I need to know what to save up for. I'm most eagerly awaiting the Guerlain Holiday 2014 collection. I need me some more meteorites!

I think some brands have already announced holiday collections (I'm eagerly awaiting the Chanel Holiday) but I haven't seen any specific release dates. I kind of browse Temptalia and other beauty blogs for that info.

I think some brands have already announced holiday collections (I'm eagerly awaiting the Chanel Holiday) but I haven't seen any specific release dates. I kind of browse Temptalia and other beauty blogs for that info.

Have you seen the Chanel Camelia de Plumes Highlighter? It's gorgeous!

• Like 1

Have you seen the Chanel Camelia de Plumes Highlighter? It's gorgeous!

Ohhh yes! :wub: I resisted the Dentelle Précieuse because I already knew I wanted the Camélia de Plumes! I am so excited, especially because I don't have any other highlighter so cool-toned in my collection!

I was looking at the UD stuff last night trying to figure this out for them (because I need another eyeliner set like I need MOAR CATS), and it looked like it was revealed at the beginning of September.

Typically Holiday sets come out just after Halloween (end of October). 

I am also super excited for what Paul & Joe will put out this holiday. I got their cat-themed set from last year.

I'm excited to see what Tarte puts out this year. And UD, of course. 

Also hoping Too Faced will release a MINI MELTED SET, because I'd buy that in a heartbeat. 

• Like 4

Oh man, I'm hoping for so many things!

Ok, here's what I'm dreaming about:

Hourglass Ambient Lighting palette of some sort (maybe of their blushes, or maybe new shades of their finishing powders, or a sampler set!)

Bite Mini Agave Mask duo with the original and their new rose gold shade

Tarte blush palette or gift set with mini blushes

OCC Lip Tar sampler pack - I wish they'd re-release that 'primary pack' because I missed out on it.

Hmm, what else? At least 20% off deal, if not more.

Oooh, some kind of awesome sampler kit from Sephora, like their previous mystery kits and beauty blitz bags!

• Like 2

I am anxiously waiting for the release of the NARS 20th Anniversary line.  It will include an Audacious Lipstick collection.  I have been told it is comparable in quality to Tom Ford but at a lower price point.  I am not sure on timing.  This may be before holiday releases.

I hope Urban Decay does something different this year. Vice 3 and Ocho Loco 3 would be overkill.

Aww, I want an Ocho Loco 3 as long as there aren't any (or too many - I guess we could expect Perversion) dupes from 2. I enjoyed 2 because I had just discovered the 24/7 liners, so it was a nice way to get a good color selection without paying a bundle! :smilehappyyes:

I'm with you on Vice 3 though - I am burnt out on palettes, and UD palettes in particular.

I'm hoping for awesome Lipsurgence and blush sets from Tarte. I can't wait to see what UD does. I keep hoping they'll do like a "naked" set of 24/7 eyeliners, with all the pretty neutrals... even though I don't need more eyeliner. I also need ALL THE SETS OF MINIS FOR EVERYTHING, plzkthx.

Oooh, and skincare sets. I might actually need some by then!

• Like 2

I'm hoping for awesome Lipsurgence and blush sets from Tarte. I can't wait to see what UD does. I keep hoping they'll do like a "naked" set of 24/7 eyeliners, with all the pretty neutrals... even though I don't need more eyeliner. I also need ALL THE SETS OF MINIS FOR EVERYTHING, plzkthx.

Oooh, and skincare sets. I might actually need some by then!

YES! The mini lip surgence set & blush palette were my favorite items I purchased last year. I would buy them again in a heartbeat if they did different colors!

I looove this thread idea. Never hurts to plan ahead.

I am keeping my eyes out for sets of:

• Tarte blush
  • Fresh lip treatments (I ALWAYS miss these)
  • UD lipsticks
  • UD or Stila liners in colors I don't have yet
  • Indie brands! I just got into indies a few months ago and I'm excited to see what they offer

It just stinks that I feel like I cant "trust" my family to shop for makeup the best way...like I can't hand them an instruction sheet in October telling them when to buy things and how to strategically get the best deal (ebates, VIB, codes, etc.) I would not want my mom to spend $80 on something I could buy for $50 and get goodies and points with.  So every Christmas I literally only ask for money but I don't tell them it's to replace what I spent on myself  :blush:

eta: I second the blitz bags coming back-- those were incredible 

Edited by kaitlin1209
  • Like 2

I've been meaning to post these... Beautezine's Instagram  has a few sneak peeks for Sephora's Holiday stuff!

I love the colors in the Too Faced set.

News flash, I know:  I've developed a serious indie fixation, so I'm almost definitely skipping eyeshadow and blush sets.  I desperately wanted Vice 2 last year but didn't get it, and now that I look at my pigments, I have zero regret! 

-- UD Black Market with the new colored Velvet liners (I kind of also want an Ocho Loco 3 just because I love UD pencils, but I haven't used most of the ones from my OL2 set, so maybe I actually want a third edition to *not* happen so I will actually get around to using the untouched ones!  But Velvet liners?  I do want that because I love blackened colors like those in the winter)

-- Too Faced Melted minis

-- tarte LipSurgence minis (more cooler shades, though!  Last year seemed to skew *very* heavily warm, and I had to pass since there were so few shades in there that I could wear that it wasn't worth the price)

-- another OCC lip tar mini set with shades that weren't in last year's version (it would be awesome if they did sets each year consisting entirely of shades that were introduced that year instead of ones that had been around for a couple of years already, kind of like a year in review set!)

And, of course, all of the indies.  I'm trying to remember which ones released holiday stuff last year, and it seems like most of the ones that do holiday collections go for Halloween but not Christmas.  Notoriously Morbid has a Dark Christmas collection (based on _A Christmas Carol_), but other than that, I'm drawing a blank as to what others have Christmas stuff.  I'm also waiting for my coffee to kick in, so it's possible that I will remember eight indie winter holiday collections after that happens.  (It would be very interesting and cool if someone did a collection representing various winter holidays/festivals from various cultures around the world, even if they're newer holidays like Pancha Ganapati!)

Edited by meaganola

I've been meaning to post these... Beautezine's Instagram  has a few sneak peeks for Sephora's Holiday stuff!

914438_514916471988057_1498319235_n.jpg

10522864_1526532550909395_1670161171_n.j

Ohhh thank you *so much* for posting this! I think those Formula X press pod tree ornaments and the paint cans are so stinkin' cute!!!

I love the colors in the Too Faced set.

I agree, that cobalt blue is so gorgeous! Same for the jewel purple and that magenta. Nice!

I looove this thread idea. Never hurts to plan ahead.

I am keeping my eyes out for sets of:

• Tarte blush
  • Fresh lip treatments (I ALWAYS miss these)
  • UD lipsticks
  • UD or Stila liners in colors I don't have yet
  • Indie brands! I just got into indies a few months ago and I'm excited to see what they offer

It just stinks that I feel like I cant "trust" my family to shop for makeup the best way...like I can't hand them an instruction sheet in October telling them when to buy things and how to strategically get the best deal (ebates, VIB, codes, etc.) I would not want my mom to spend $80 on something I could buy for $50 and get goodies and points with.  So every Christmas I literally only ask for money but I don't tell them it's to replace what I spent on myself  :blush:

eta: I second the blitz bags coming back-- those were incredible 

I know what you mean about presents- I too would feel bad asking for something that I know they wouldn't know how to get a deal on. I have an idea- next time instead of money you could ask for a sephora gift card? But then... maybe you wouldn't be able to redeem points, so nevermind! Haha, unless you gave them your sephora card to use when they bought the giftcard! I was just thinking about this- maybe they'd feel more like they were giving you a gift if it was the card, like they were contributing more to your present. But hey, I'm not sure, just a thought!

I am also so excited- I just remembered that last year Sephora had that advent calender thing going on- which seemed awesome! I hope they do that again, but this time with something other than just fragrance!!!! Also, they had that awesome Black Friday/Cyber Monday $10 deals!! I hope they do that again!

Ok, from Sephora in general, here's what I want for the holidays:

-mystery deluxe sample bags or blitz bags

-$10 Black Friday deals

-Friends and Family sale

-20% off VIB sale, and hopefully something good for the BIs too

-Advent calender

-awesome holiday sets, like maybe a cute minis set with different brands' best-known products, kind of like their summer sun sets, but for winter or fall

And yes to all the Tarte sets! Especially their blushes and lipsurgence lip crayons.

And again, I am a broken record, but please have something from hourglass, and please something from bite and.... just give me all the minis as well!

News flash, I know:  I've developed a serious indie fixation, so I'm almost definitely skipping eyeshadow and blush sets.  I desperately wanted Vice 2 last year but didn't get it, and now that I look at my pigments, I have zero regret! 

-- UD Black Market with the new colored Velvet liners (I kind of also want an Ocho Loco 3 just because I love UD pencils, but I haven't used most of the ones from my OL2 set, so maybe I actually want a third edition to *not* happen so I will actually get around to using the untouched ones!  But Velvet liners?  I do want that because I love blackened colors like those in the winter)

-- Too Faced Melted minis

-- tarte LipSurgence minis (more cooler shades, though!  Last year seemed to skew *very* heavily warm, and I had to pass since there were so few shades in there that I could wear that it wasn't worth the price)

-- another OCC lip tar mini set with shades that weren't in last year's version (it would be awesome if they did sets each year consisting entirely of shades that were introduced that year instead of ones that had been around for a couple of years already, kind of like a year in review set!)

And, of course, all of the indies.  I'm trying to remember which ones released holiday stuff last year, and it seems like most of the ones that do holiday collections go for Halloween but not Christmas.  Notoriously Morbid has a Dark Christmas collection (based on _A Christmas Carol_), but other than that, I'm drawing a blank as to what others have Christmas stuff.  I'm also waiting for my coffee to kick in, so it's possible that I will remember eight indie winter holiday collections after that happens.  (It would be very interesting and cool if someone did a collection representing various winter holidays/festivals from various cultures around the world, even if they're newer holidays like Pancha Ganapati!)

Yes to the cooler shades of Tarte LipSurgence.

And yes to the OCC mini lip tars!!!

I don't even know what I want, so I just hope they have some awesome things this year!

• Like 1