Holiday Sets: When are they revealed?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  Oh, and I have a 1$ regular e.l.f. eye brush that is a fluffy tapered shape, which is hands-down, my favorite eye brush period.  
I have that same brush and also really like it! It's so soft! My only beef with it is that it could be a little fuller, but for the price- amazing!

Wow it's $44? I feel like since they put SO much product in their holiday sets for $59-70 I would have a hard time justifying that small palette for $44.
I know, right? I mean, I got the cute limited Be Mattenificent for $38 and it came with color, liners, and a blush. How can that be $44? They're pulling a 'Benefit' (which I am now referring to their $99 advent calendar). I mean, why is Tarte getting so into eyeshadow? They aren't even very well known for that- and now they must have like 5 all nude eyeshadow palettes out. What gives? Tarte, I love you too, but please start back on what you're good at. Give us some new dang permanent blush colors. I'm sick of the gimmics!

In other news, is anyone a bit disappointed in the offerings this holiday? Or am I being way too critical/picky? I guess in some ways we got some amazing stuff- stuff we asked for! But I still didn't really get any of it- I just purchased permanent items with the Sephora VIB sale. I don't know, I just didn't really get into a lot of the holiday stuff, including the black friday offerings. Maybe the advent stuff will be better.

I don't know what my problem is, but I guess it's good that I'm getting picky- good for my wallet.

In other news, is anyone a bit disappointed in the offerings this holiday? Or am I being way too critical/picky? I guess in some ways we got some amazing stuff- stuff we asked for! But I still didn't really get any of it- I just purchased permanent items with the Sephora VIB sale. I don't know, I just didn't really get into a lot of the holiday stuff, including the black friday offerings. Maybe the advent stuff will be better.

I don't know what my problem is, but I guess it's good that I'm getting picky- good for my wallet.
Hmm, I don't know, I kind of feel like this year was/is on par with last year and years past... I mean, in the end not everyone will like everything that is available, and I am actually quite happy with the Black Friday purchases I will (attempt) to make.

Like you said though, growing more picky is better for your wallet! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think it maybe product over load on my end...that and the hubs may divorce me if I encroach on anymore of his side of the sink :blush:

Product overload and cash flow here. I had hoped to grab some $10 Sephora deals but I'm hoarding the cash I have left since Hubby took a pay cut. I'm thinking a full on office organization will help kill the buying urges.

Hey everyone! Just thought you might wanna know that the Stila Palettes (In the Light, etc.) are now also $20 at Ulta and they all show in stock.
AHH thank you for this! I wanted to get the In the Garden and In the Know for my mom for Christmas but by the time I decided to buy them, Sephora was sold out.

AHH thank you for this! I wanted to get the In the Garden and In the Know for my mom for Christmas but by the time I decided to buy them, Sephora was sold out.
YW!! I used to have the In The Light and loved it. I'm not planning on getting these but just thought to let you all know. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The Urban Decay Ten liner set is on sale for $29 on UD's site and Ulta online!  I haven't checked to see if Sephora has it on sale or not.  I ordered it yesterday, I wasn't interested in it for $52 but for $29 it's a great deal!

That Urban Decay palette looks amazing!! but it looks like the Anarchy palette..hmmmmm

Last edited by a moderator:
Back