Holiday Sets: When are they revealed?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to add my input on the brush discussion.  I, personally, have hated every single elf brush I have ever tried.  I have the "C" brush many people love, and to me it is scratchy and rough and downright painful to use.  The crease brush is the same.  I have tired a couple of their face brushes as well and also had horrible results.  Maybe I somehow keep getting bad ones?  I do love the RT brushes.  I have the eye starter set and another single eye brush from them and have had great results using those.  I also have small slightly hooded eyelids and the size of their crease brush is huge but it still works for me.

The next item I am curious to see is The Laura Mercier Spring Palette. I do hope it has African Violet in it and that they adjust the price point from this past Spring. I'm still sad I didn't get the Winter one last year, but I think they are all perm colors so I may build my own. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Sephora has all of the Stila "In The.." palettes on sale for $20 each. I may have to pick one up. I've heard nothing but good things about them!

Sephora has all of the Stila "In The.." palettes on sale for $20 each. I may have to pick one up. I've heard nothing but good things about them!
OMG I picked up "In The Moment" during their 20% off sale (that was the only one on sale at the time) and I got itr for $16 which was an absolute steal! Ugh I want "In The Garden" and "In The Light" but I have way too many eyeshadow palettes.... probably enough to last 10 lifetimes at least :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> so I should really hold off lol4

OMG I picked up "In The Moment" during their 20% off sale (that was the only one on sale at the time) and I got itr for $16 which was an absolute steal! Ugh I want "In The Garden" and "In The Light" but I have way too many eyeshadow palettes.... probably enough to last 10 lifetimes at least :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> so I should really hold off lol4
 You should be okay, i think the only one actually in stock now is In The Garden! It's in my cart however, i'm having less luck with restraint. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

You should be okay, i think the only one actually in stock now is In The Garden! It's in my cart however, i'm having less luck with restraint. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Restraint? Me? No way.

I just got a shipment for...

Smashbox On The Rocks Luxe Palette

Cargo Vintage Escape Palette

Cargo Lets Meet in Paris Palette

This is after already getting myself the Lorac Mega Pro, Anastasia Tamanna palette, In the Moment palette... 

god I have a sick disease :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> lol

@@lethalglam Where did you get the Cargo Paris palette? I've wanted it since last year! :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
OMG I know me too, but they were sold out everywhere until... ACW got them in stock recently!!! I don't know how many they have so if you want it I would suggest getting it ASAP lol

This is where you can find the Let's Meet in Paris palette and it's HALF price, that's right only $19.99 lol

You can also get the Vintage Escape one for $19.99

Their shipping can be sort of expensive so I try to buy more and make it worth paying the price because they really do have some fab deals... I try to get just indie products though because I've heard more popular brands like MAC and Urban Decay can be fakes. But I did get my order today and everything was intact and brand new.

I'm thinking that something really went wrong in the release of it. I can't imagine that they would NEVER restock, it seems odd to have two UD palettes go live at the same time. I'm thinking LTD was probably meant to get released closer to the holidays and now they're in a pickle. 
Possibly an incident similar to the early release of the Lorac Mega Pro? Someone hit the launch button too quick...I really do hope that they restock this palette as it bothers me to be an avid UD palette collector and not have one that I would really like. 

And plus, I've read that this was "sold out" in a matter of minutes. Nothing (except possibly MAC) sells out THAT fast. I have a hard time believing that this flew off the website this fast when over half the colors aren't new and all the colors in the Vice 3 palette are (which is still available)..I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Just in case anyone didn't know..urban decay NEVER said anything about this palette coming out last night (If that's what this is about!) It was some random insta acct that started that rumor!! Also I heard that the time it sold out in minutes on sephora.com was actually an accident? Not sure but I do know that a ton of people on Facebook were passed at UD bc they waited up all night when ud never said it was coming out!!

Possibly an incident similar to the early release of the Lorac Mega Pro? Someone hit the launch button too quick...I really do hope that they restock this palette as it bothers me to be an avid UD palette collector and not have one that I would really like.

And plus, I've read that this was "sold out" in a matter of minutes. Nothing (except possibly MAC) sells out THAT fast. I have a hard time believing that this flew off the website this fast when over half the colors aren't new and all the colors in the Vice 3 palette are (which is still available)..I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I don't think it was an accident, on Sephora's site that day it said holiday preview. I think it was intentional to create demand for the palette. UD does this regularly with LE products. They still do it with the Naked Palettes as well even though those have been out.

I don't think it was an accident, on Sephora's site that day it said holiday preview. I think it was intentional to create demand for the palette. UD does this regularly with LE products. They still do it with the Naked Palettes as well even though those have been out.
I just hope they release it again..cause I want need it  :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  That lime green/hot yellow packaging needs to be in my life. Plus the shades look gorgeous. I wasn't rouge in time to get the little sneaky peeky of it...bummer.

Literally just scrolled past this on my Instagram.. @trendmood posted a picture that I'm sure is from Urban Decay about UD's new store in Cali opening up and having the palette available there. Too bad I'm nowhere near CA :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> BUT it does say in the caption that it will be available online. *fingers crossed*

If its any consolation, I think most of the colors in there are repromotes from other palettes? That makes it less special to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Literally just scrolled past this on my Instagram.. @trendmood posted a picture that I'm sure is from Urban Decay about UD's new store in Cali opening up and having the palette available there. Too bad I'm nowhere near CA :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> BUT it does say in the caption that it will be available online. *fingers crossed*
 Excited to hear that UD store is finally open in Newport Beach. We live 15minutes away from the Fashion Island mall and hopefully will be able to visit the store when I get back.

Does anybody know how much this LE UD Vice cost?

I'm so excited for the UD Vice Ltd palette. It will be nice to have an extra of Junkshow because it's one of the only pinks that work for me since it has the blue shimmer. Also, Roadstripe is really intriguing me.

Back