Holiday Sets: When are they revealed?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too! It was hard for me to pull the trigger because I won't use a lot of it. Once I did the breakdown it just made sense.
Oyyy I can't convince myself on that price tag... I got last year's but I didn't use most of the stuff in it so I'm reluctant if it's just a good deal but I'm not 100% in love with it... but yeah, so tempting.

Naked On The Run seems pretty mediocre for an UD fan though... I have so much of their other stuff, I'll definitely be skipping On The Run... I wish they would do more fun stuff and step outside their comfort zone with the Vice & Naked stuff. The Electric Palette was such a nice change of pace

[SIZE=14.6666669845581px]Sonia Kashuk Holiday Limited Edition All That Jazz 10 Piece Brush Set - $35.99[/SIZE]

Sonia-Kashuk-All-That-Jazz-Brush-Set.jpg

spacer.gif
http://www.target.com/p/sonia-kashuk-holiday-limited-edition-all-that-jazz-10-piece-brush-set/-/A-15761994#?lnk=sc_qi_detaillink

There are other Holiday sets from Sonia Kashuk too (click the link below):

http://www.target.com/tcin?searchTerm=15761993+15761994+15858461+16202972+16202973+16446070+16452391+16452392&category=0|All|matchallany|all+categories&lnk=Utility_SONIA_083_0_X0Y2W4_27_9_2014|X0Y2W4|T:Template_Utility1A|C:CMS&intc=2098051|null

That brush set looks really nice! I've never tried SK brushes (well I have barely tried any SK stuff haha)

I'm thinking of grabbing this! What does everyone think? I only have a few brushes from her so I'm not sure how the sets usually are. Seems like an awesome value!
the full sized brushes are definitely a lot better than the sets, from what i've read in various blogs

the full sized brushes are definitely a lot better than the sets, from what i've read in various blogs
I agree.  The brushes in her sets are hit or miss on quality.  I bought several once they started the special sets, and ended up with too many brushes that were scratchy, hard, or didn't apply product smoothly.  

The original brushes that have black handles are usually pretty good, I've never bought one that was bad.  Having said that, I've also bought way too many expensive luxury brushes that I've also not liked/felt were worth the higher cost.  

As sad as it might be, the studio line e.l.f. brushes have made me happiest as far as quality goes.  Super soft, applies great, washes up well, and when/if I decide to replace any the following year, I didn't flush too much down the drain money wise, and can pick up as many as I want without breaking the bank.  Oh, and I have a 1$ regular e.l.f. eye brush that is a fluffy tapered shape, which is hands-down, my favorite eye brush period.  

Slightly off topic - but my daughter has asked for some eyeshadow brushes - I don't really wear eyeshadow so I don't know what is good!  I have a plethora of eyeliner, blush, contour blushes but nothing for shadow as I so rarely wear it.  Can anyone recommend any?  

@@normajean2008 - I'm definitely checking out the ones you like from elf - price is perfect!  I was thinking 3 in her stocking would be good so if anyone has any recommendations please let me know!

So far she's liked the elf brushes she has but I never thing about eyeshadow brushes so she pointed out that is missing in her arsenal.

Slightly off topic - but my daughter has asked for some eyeshadow brushes - I don't really wear eyeshadow so I don't know what is good!  I have a plethora of eyeliner, blush, contour blushes but nothing for shadow as I so rarely wear it.  Can anyone recommend any?  

@@normajean2008 - I'm definitely checking out the ones you like from elf - price is perfect!  I was thinking 3 in her stocking would be good so if anyone has any recommendations please let me know!

So far she's liked the elf brushes she has but I never thing about eyeshadow brushes so she pointed out that is missing in her arsenal.
These are my fave eye brushes:

http://www.eyeslipsface.com/elf/tools/single-brushes/defining_eye_brush

this one is my absolute fave I mentioned...but back when I originally bought it, it was only 1$, and had a more plain handle..the brush isn't as frayed on the tip as shown in photo--bad photoshop job.. 

http://www.eyeslipsface.com/studio/tools/single-brushes/crease_brush

http://www.eyeslipsface.com/studio/tools/single-brushes/eyeshadow_c_brush

http://www.eyeslipsface.com/studio/tools/single-brushes/flawless_concealer_brush

I have two of the black-handled SK brushes. The angled liner brush is solid, but stiffer than I would like for lining my eyes. I sometimes use it for my brows. The blush brush is convinced that it was created to spread the joy of shedding to the world. 

I love my coastal scents brush set!!! The quality is good and the price is great. I like elf too, but I've had a few duds from elf. All 30 brushes from CS are fanfreakingtastic! They are having a $1 and $3 brush sale right now :w00t:

I have this set too!  I like the two brushes on the far left side the most out of the set, and the angled brow brush is nice too.  I don't have much use (personally) with the other little bitty brushes...I'm not too fancy or elaborate with my eye makeup though (I don't do fancy cool stuff, lol).  

===================

Do you guys think there will be more holiday sets coming out after Thanksgiving still?  Or is what's how now pretty much it?  I feel like there hasn't been very many sets that just "WOW" me this year.  Though to be honest, I don't really know what I'm looking for either at this point, lol.  

Oh, and my latest holiday set purchased is the Becca mini shimmer wand set from Sephora, with the trio of face shimmer liquids.  If any body is interested in trying these shimmers/highlighters, jump on this set!  It is way easier to apply and control with the wand applicator in these tubes, and they are all so beautiful on.  No glitters or thick/sticky/pasty textures.  I didn't like the deluxe sample I had before that came in a squeeze tube, but I LOVE this version!  

I love my coastal scents brush set!!! The quality is good and the price is great. I like elf too, but I've had a few duds from elf. All 30 brushes from CS are fanfreakingtastic! They are having a $1 and $3 brush sale right now :w00t:
You broke their website.  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks for the reminder about this sale! 

okay so this isn't a holiday set...but its a new tart set...they are doing early access for tartlettes.

$44 dollars only on sale for 5 days - looks like all nude/neutrals and all matte.  I don't need any eyeshadow so its not for me though.

607.jpg
  - m

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow it's $44? I feel like since they put SO much product in their holiday sets for $59-70 I would have a hard time justifying that small palette for $44.

Oh Tarte.... how I love you, but for the love of god please put out a palette with some color!
I know right? I caved on the Bon Voyage Holiday Set during the VIB sale, but my #1 reason for resisting at all was I just don't need more neutral palettes. I love my summer palette from them (even though everyone and their mom hated it) so I wish they'd do more with turquoise, vibrant purple, maybe something more orangish than gold. They don't have to go UD status but a little color now and then would be nice!

On the brush discussion, my favorite ELF brushes are the "C" brush that @@normajean2008 mentioned, as well as the contour brush.  I also have the small precision brush and the small smudge brush, but they are almost identical.  The difference in their width (looking at them from the flat size) is so small that it's not really worth it to get both, imo.  

I also have the RT eye starter kit and I'm still deciding if I like it or not.  The quality is great, but most of the brushes are too big for my eyes, but I'm still trying to make them work for me.  

Lastly, I am not impressed with CS brushes.  I received one in an Ipsy bag, used it once and when I washed it, dozen of bristles fell out and it's shed ever since.

Back