Holiday Sets: When are they revealed?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The shadows are pigmented and buttery. I'm over at my mother's house right now, but I will swatch them tomorrow and *try* to get the shades to come out looking right.

In other news, did everyone notice that Lush put up a TON of Christmas boxes?? It has to be at least somewhat new because I checked the site a few days ago and they didn't have that many. AHHH!

tarte & stila have free shipping from their site this weekend. the code for stila is: treat. No code for tarte.

I was in Nordstrom yesterday and they had so many Xmas boxes out! Kiehls had several different sets, Bobbi Brown, Butter London, etc etc etc. I ended up getting a set of MAC pigments. They have 3 colors, I got the pink/rose set.

Not sure if this is a "holiday" set as the packaging is pretty basic but I think I saw it on Temptalia's website and bought it.  I have no experience with her pencil eyeliners only the marker type ones.

IMG_2977.JPG

The Charlotte Tilbury Holiday is so tempting! I'll pass since I'm sure I have dupes of all the colors but the stars are so cute! I may need one of her blushes for my birthday, that two colored thing and it has a little star in the compact!!
holiday2014_charlottetilbury001.jpg

Bought the Smashbox on the Rocks Luxe e/s palette and eyeliner set this past weekend! Shoppers Drugmart also has their own version of a "lashstash" set- it also includes a Benefit They're Real! Pushup liner, and a voucher for one of the fullsized mascaras in the box. I can't remember them all but I know there's a Smashbox Full Exposure, Benefit They're Real!, and Lancome Hypnose Drama, at least. Maybe Diorshow too, I'll have to check.

The VIB Rouge 20% off sale is now working: Use code GIFTROUGE

The VIB 20% off sale will start tomorrow: Use code GIFTVIB

Not sure if/what it will be for BIs.

biteremix1.jpegbiteremix2.jpeg

My first swatch pics, I don't know how well these came out.  Best Bite Remix- from top to bottom: Pomegranate, Winterberry, Rhubarb, Sable.  First photo is indoors with a flash.  Second photo is outside in sunlight.

*Cross-posted to Enablers thread

Last edited by a moderator:
biteremix1.jpeg
biteremix2.jpeg

My first swatch pics, I don't know how well these came out.  Best Bite Remix- from top to bottom: Pomegranate, Winterberry, Rhubarb, Sable.  First photo is indoors with a flash.  Second photo is outside in sunlight.

*Cross-posted to Enablers thread
Nice swatches.

I was eyeing this set for a while, but when I swatched it at the store I realized that Rhubarb is the only color that really works for me. I might as well buy it separately, but where is the fun in that... sigh

How is everyone hanging in with the VIB discount starting tomorrow? Surprisingly, I feel so burnt out on makeup lately. I've been to Sephora twice in the past few weeks and left empty-handed. Obviously I'm going to splurge with the 20% off, but none of the sets are actually calling to me! Might just be headed for basics. 

Sooo, I bought this set from QVC. I'm undecided on if I should keep it or give it away to my best friend for Christmas. Opinions? 

Ohhh, that's a nice set!  It looks like it would be perfect to split (almost) in half.  (I'm assuming those shadows are 2 separate palettes)  Some for you and some for her!!  Take the plastic forms out of one of those boxes, throw in some "stuffing", and arrange her half for a pretty gift.  

Ohhh, that's a nice set! It looks like it would be perfect to split (almost) in half. (I'm assuming those shadows are 2 separate palettes) Some for you and some for her!! Take the plastic forms out of one of those boxes, throw in some "stuffing", and arrange her half for a pretty gift.
Ooh, I like that idea! Yes, the shadows are two separate palettes. It just so happens that one is more my style and the other is more hers, so that would work wonderfully!

Latest posts

Back