Holiday Sets: When are they revealed?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, I KNOW someone already talked about this, but I am so exited I wanted to mention again - SiJCP has probably the best Holiday Favorites set that Sephora is offering exclusively. It's the Makeup Must-Haves and ohmygosh. It comes with a full size NARS Orgasm blush, full size UD Sin eyeshadow, full size Stila Stay All Day eyeliner in Intense Black and deluxe samples of Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream in Light, Benefit They're Real Mascara and BITE Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick in Palomino.

It's $39 dollars. I mean... my jaw dropped when I saw the NARS was full sized. At that price I had fully expected a deluxe sample (and it's hard to know what .16oz will translate to, since what sounds like a lot sometimes...isn't). I wanted the Sin shadow, and the NARS and with those two alone this set is worth the money, every thing else is just a bonus. If you can get to a SiJCP and are so inclined, I 100% recommend this set. :smilehappyyes:
I was debating on that or the sephora favorites for $75. It comes with a ton of stuff including full size orgasm blush that I don't have, a full size of smash box bb cream in my color that I love!, full size brow whiz, full size UD eyeshadow and a ton more. I think the stila is full size too. Maybe? It seems like a lot of money but considering I don't own any of it and the orgasm blush and smash box bb cream cover the cost, I think I might get it!

I was debating on that or the sephora favorites for $75. It comes with a ton of stuff including full size orgasm blush that I don't have, a full size of smash box bb cream in my color that I love!, full size brow whiz, full size UD eyeshadow and a ton more. I think the stila is full size too. Maybe? It seems like a lot of money but considering I don't own any of it and the orgasm blush and smash box bb cream cover the cost, I think I might get it!
I was tempted by that kit, as well, mostly because I don't live near SiJCP so wasn't ever planning to go, but the main things I wanted were Orgasm (I've never tried it! How can that be!) and Sin, which is my fave. So when I was able to pick up the smaller set, I went for it! I think the big set would be a good buy, too, if you need the Brow Wiz (so tempting but not my color) and/or the BB Cream. I say go for it! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Tarte Kiss and Belle swatches

Kissandbelle.jpg
Love your swatches!

I'm thinking about that kit too. I already have the big o, but the brow wiz, ud shadow, stila and fresh would cost more then if I purchased individually. I passed when I had a friends and family code, but might cave when 20% comes around again.

Tarte Kiss and Belle swatches

Great swatches! For some reason the colors look more pigmented on you than they do on me.

Okay, I KNOW someone already talked about this, but I am so exited I wanted to mention again - SiJCP has probably the best Holiday Favorites set that Sephora is offering exclusively. It's the Makeup Must-Haves and ohmygosh. It comes with a full size NARS Orgasm blush, full size UD Sin eyeshadow, full size Stila Stay All Day eyeliner in Intense Black and deluxe samples of Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream in Light, Benefit They're Real Mascara and BITE Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick in Palomino.

It's $39 dollars. I mean... my jaw dropped when I saw the NARS was full sized. At that price I had fully expected a deluxe sample (and it's hard to know what .16oz will translate to, since what sounds like a lot sometimes...isn't). I wanted the Sin shadow, and the NARS and with those two alone this set is worth the money, every thing else is just a bonus. If you can get to a SiJCP and are so inclined, I 100% recommend this set. :smilehappyyes:
wow, this is tempting. SiJCP is really out of my way though... But if happened to be in the area, I may totally cave  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Also, I just got a craving for a Lorac Mega Pro pallet and Amazon promises to restock it on November 4th... It's a lovely pallet and I love Lorac Pro pallet, but Mega Pro is massive... I feel like if I get it, I won't have an excuse to by any more eye shadows ever again...

What to do, What to do?

Oh! I just remembered what I was coming here to post in the first place. There's new colors up on Sephora for the bite holiday minis
Thanks for saying that!!! I wouldn't have thought to check back- and they added a lot of colors!!!

Also, I just got a craving for a Lorac Mega Pro pallet and Amazon promises to restock it on November 4th... It's a lovely pallet and I love Lorac Pro pallet, but Mega Pro is massive... I feel like if I get it, I won't have an excuse to by any more eye shadows ever again...

What to do, What to do?
I was really scared I wouldn't get it... but I finally did. I can tell you I'm excitedly awaiting it. I'd go for it if I were you. I think the same thing- I probably wont' allow myself to buy more eyeshadow for a loooong time, but it's worth it to me. Plus, if you change your mind, you probably won't have trouble selling it.

Thanks for saying that!!! I wouldn't have thought to check back- and they added a lot of colors!!!

I was really scared I wouldn't get it... but I finally did. I can tell you I'm excitedly awaiting it. I'd go for it if I were you. I think the same thing- I probably wont' allow myself to buy more eyeshadow for a loooong time, but it's worth it to me. Plus, if you change your mind, you probably won't have trouble selling it.
I was thinking along the same lines, and I'll probably cave :)

I was thinking along the same lines, and I'll probably cave :)
and of course now it says "Currently Unavailable. We don't know when or if this item is going to be back in stock". Sigh... I guess it wasn't meant to be...

This is so OT, but this is my happy place, so I'm going to be a gwumpy bear here, haha.

Ever have one of those days? Today:

My puppy and boyfriend are sick (had to take one to the vet, the other has the flu) They both scared the CRAP out of me. Puppy was throwing up, boyfriend was shivering so hard he was shaking. He's been sleeping but I'm wondering if I need to take him to the hospital in case it's more than the flu?? Opinions?

My computer is clearly on its last legs and I need to come up with the money to buy a new one STAT

I lost TWO Fresh lip balms in ONE DAY and now I'm totally out.

Between everyone being sick yesterday and my OWN dermatologist appointment for my Humira shot for my psoriasis that took HOURS, I forgot my mom's birthday until 8pm. I know she didn't mind, but I basically cried myself to sleep in guilt.

There was a limited-edition indie makeup set coming out today. I was told it was going on sale 8amPST. turns out it came out 6amEST, so I missed out. I REALLY wanted it.

BLAH FOR TODAY!

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds like a terrible day @@ohsailor :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I hope your puppy is ok!  How high is your boyfriends fever?  That's usually what I go by to decide if Dr or hospital is needed.  Hopefully everything gets better soon.  And look at the upside to losing your Fresh lippies, you now have a perfect excuse to buy more! Hugs! :hugs3:

What to do, What to do?
There is always a reason to buy more eye shadow, do it!

and of course now it says "Currently Unavailable. We don't know when or if this item is going to be back in stock". Sigh... I guess it wasn't meant to be...
Keep checking it keeps coming in and out of stock. Hope you get lucky and are able to buy it.

Hugs @@ohsailor Hang in there.. It gets better in a couple of days.

We just went through a cycle of flu with both the kids & hubby and now finally me. Hoping tomorrow will be a better day 

This is so OT, but this is my happy place, so I'm going to be a gwumpy bear here, haha.

Ever have one of those days? Today:

My puppy and boyfriend are sick (had to take one to the vet, the other has the flu) They both scared the CRAP out of me. Puppy was throwing up, boyfriend was shivering so hard he was shaking. He's been sleeping but I'm wondering if I need to take him to the hospital in case it's more than the flu?? Opinions?

My computer is clearly on its last legs and I need to come up with the money to buy a new one STAT

I lost TWO Fresh lip balms in ONE DAY and now I'm totally out.

Between everyone being sick yesterday and my OWN dermatologist appointment for my Humira shot for my psoriasis that took HOURS, I forgot my mom's birthday until 8pm. I know she didn't mind, but I basically cried myself to sleep in guilt.

There was a limited-edition indie makeup set coming out today. I was told it was going on sale 8amPST. turns out it came out 6amEST, so I missed out. I REALLY wanted it.

BLAH FOR TODAY!
So sorry to hear that, hope things start looking up for you and tomorrow is a better day. Hope your boyfriend and puppy are feeling better soon.

Latest posts

Back