Holiday Sets: When are they revealed?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looove this thread idea. Never hurts to plan ahead.

I am keeping my eyes out for sets of:

• Tarte blush
  • Fresh lip treatments (I ALWAYS miss these)
  • UD lipsticks
  • UD or Stila liners in colors I don't have yet
  • Indie brands! I just got into indies a few months ago and I'm excited to see what they offer
It just stinks that I feel like I cant "trust" my family to shop for makeup the best way...like I can't hand them an instruction sheet in October telling them when to buy things and how to strategically get the best deal (ebates, VIB, codes, etc.) I would not want my mom to spend $80 on something I could buy for $50 and get goodies and points with.  So every Christmas I literally only ask for money but I don't tell them it's to replace what I spent on myself  :blush:

eta: I second the blitz bags coming back-- those were incredible 

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been meaning to post these... Beautezine's Instagram  has a few sneak peeks for Sephora's Holiday stuff!

10598719_314415718718823_992937041_n.jpg

10549816_1448657192072480_1964009138_n.jpg

914438_514916471988057_1498319235_n.jpg

10522864_1526532550909395_1670161171_n.jpg

10598592_671547186260893_638238944_n.jpg

925616_1451572661774439_72751142_n.jpg

10533299_364929103664205_140654283_n.jpg

News flash, I know:  I've developed a serious indie fixation, so I'm almost definitely skipping eyeshadow and blush sets.  I desperately wanted Vice 2 last year but didn't get it, and now that I look at my pigments, I have zero regret! 

-- UD Black Market with the new colored Velvet liners (I kind of also want an Ocho Loco 3 just because I love UD pencils, but I haven't used most of the ones from my OL2 set, so maybe I actually want a third edition to *not* happen so I will actually get around to using the untouched ones!  But Velvet liners?  I do want that because I love blackened colors like those in the winter)

-- Too Faced Melted minis

-- tarte LipSurgence minis (more cooler shades, though!  Last year seemed to skew *very* heavily warm, and I had to pass since there were so few shades in there that I could wear that it wasn't worth the price)

-- another OCC lip tar mini set with shades that weren't in last year's version (it would be awesome if they did sets each year consisting entirely of shades that were introduced that year instead of ones that had been around for a couple of years already, kind of like a year in review set!)

And, of course, all of the indies.  I'm trying to remember which ones released holiday stuff last year, and it seems like most of the ones that do holiday collections go for Halloween but not Christmas.  Notoriously Morbid has a Dark Christmas collection (based on _A Christmas Carol_), but other than that, I'm drawing a blank as to what others have Christmas stuff.  I'm also waiting for my coffee to kick in, so it's possible that I will remember eight indie winter holiday collections after that happens.  (It would be very interesting and cool if someone did a collection representing various winter holidays/festivals from various cultures around the world, even if they're newer holidays like Pancha Ganapati!)

I've been meaning to post these... Beautezine's Instagram  has a few sneak peeks for Sephora's Holiday stuff!

914438_514916471988057_1498319235_n.jpg

10522864_1526532550909395_1670161171_n.jpg
Ohhh thank you *so much* for posting this! I think those Formula X press pod tree ornaments and the paint cans are so stinkin' cute!!!

I love the colors in the Too Faced set.
I agree, that cobalt blue is so gorgeous! Same for the jewel purple and that magenta. Nice!

I looove this thread idea. Never hurts to plan ahead.

I am keeping my eyes out for sets of:

• Tarte blush
  • Fresh lip treatments (I ALWAYS miss these)
  • UD lipsticks
  • UD or Stila liners in colors I don't have yet
  • Indie brands! I just got into indies a few months ago and I'm excited to see what they offer
It just stinks that I feel like I cant "trust" my family to shop for makeup the best way...like I can't hand them an instruction sheet in October telling them when to buy things and how to strategically get the best deal (ebates, VIB, codes, etc.) I would not want my mom to spend $80 on something I could buy for $50 and get goodies and points with.  So every Christmas I literally only ask for money but I don't tell them it's to replace what I spent on myself  :blush:

eta: I second the blitz bags coming back-- those were incredible 
I know what you mean about presents- I too would feel bad asking for something that I know they wouldn't know how to get a deal on. I have an idea- next time instead of money you could ask for a sephora gift card? But then... maybe you wouldn't be able to redeem points, so nevermind! Haha, unless you gave them your sephora card to use when they bought the giftcard! I was just thinking about this- maybe they'd feel more like they were giving you a gift if it was the card, like they were contributing more to your present. But hey, I'm not sure, just a thought!

I am also so excited- I just remembered that last year Sephora had that advent calender thing going on- which seemed awesome! I hope they do that again, but this time with something other than just fragrance!!!! Also, they had that awesome Black Friday/Cyber Monday $10 deals!! I hope they do that again!

Ok, from Sephora in general, here's what I want for the holidays:

-mystery deluxe sample bags or blitz bags

-$10 Black Friday deals

-Friends and Family sale

-20% off VIB sale, and hopefully something good for the BIs too

-Advent calender

-awesome holiday sets, like maybe a cute minis set with different brands' best-known products, kind of like their summer sun sets, but for winter or fall

And yes to all the Tarte sets! Especially their blushes and lipsurgence lip crayons.

And again, I am a broken record, but please have something from hourglass, and please something from bite and.... just give me all the minis as well!

News flash, I know:  I've developed a serious indie fixation, so I'm almost definitely skipping eyeshadow and blush sets.  I desperately wanted Vice 2 last year but didn't get it, and now that I look at my pigments, I have zero regret! 

-- UD Black Market with the new colored Velvet liners (I kind of also want an Ocho Loco 3 just because I love UD pencils, but I haven't used most of the ones from my OL2 set, so maybe I actually want a third edition to *not* happen so I will actually get around to using the untouched ones!  But Velvet liners?  I do want that because I love blackened colors like those in the winter)

-- Too Faced Melted minis

-- tarte LipSurgence minis (more cooler shades, though!  Last year seemed to skew *very* heavily warm, and I had to pass since there were so few shades in there that I could wear that it wasn't worth the price)

-- another OCC lip tar mini set with shades that weren't in last year's version (it would be awesome if they did sets each year consisting entirely of shades that were introduced that year instead of ones that had been around for a couple of years already, kind of like a year in review set!)

And, of course, all of the indies.  I'm trying to remember which ones released holiday stuff last year, and it seems like most of the ones that do holiday collections go for Halloween but not Christmas.  Notoriously Morbid has a Dark Christmas collection (based on _A Christmas Carol_), but other than that, I'm drawing a blank as to what others have Christmas stuff.  I'm also waiting for my coffee to kick in, so it's possible that I will remember eight indie winter holiday collections after that happens.  (It would be very interesting and cool if someone did a collection representing various winter holidays/festivals from various cultures around the world, even if they're newer holidays like Pancha Ganapati!)
Yes to the cooler shades of Tarte LipSurgence.

And yes to the OCC mini lip tars!!!

I don't even know what I want, so I just hope they have some awesome things this year!

Wishlist/Dreamlist

-Holiday 2014 Guerlain Meteorites

-Hourglass Ambient blush palette, and maybe I'll finally buy the ambient lighting palette

-Hourglass mini ambient lighting compacts

and obviously, I will be buying a crap ton of whatever Lush puts out this year. I will definitely be buying at least 2 large bottles of Snow Fairy for Amadora and at least 3 large bottles of Rose Jam for myself.

For holidays I want:

Stila Holidays sets (any, all, I am stuck on stila)

Blitz stuff (the el cheapo stuff that is so cute)

$10 Black Fiday sets (lips, eyeshadows)

Advent Calendar ...maybe

Can't wait until Secret Santa starts!

Hoping for lots of Sephora Favourites.

Things that have so far been confirmed to my knowledge:
-Kat Von D Studded Kiss lipstick set, like the Painted Love one from last christmas.

-Sephora collection hair accessories and makeup bags
-Formula X kits, including X-press pods in really cute paint-can packaging.

-Too Faced eye and face palette, looks like Joy to the Girls, but with face products too. I'm interested!

-Marc Jacobs Kiss Pop set.

-MUFE Artist Shadow studio case (Oooh, aahhh.)

-Eye booklets from Sephora collection, reminds me of the LORAC chocolate bars collection.

SOURCE: http://beautezine.tumblr.com/tagged/giftsephora

Hey guys!

Ok, I'm trying to be patient about buying things in the hope that I can kind of go crazy this Fall with my new VIB code at the same time all the holiday sets are coming out.

Does anyone know when the holiday stuff is revealed so I can start drooling and making a wishlist?

I'm thinking of the Tarte sets- their blush sets, etc. Things like that.

NEED TO KNOW!!!
maybe its just me but I'am not impressed with holiday collections / the ones sephora did show hopefully they will have some good  promo codes at least .

The Too Faced a Few of My Favorite Things palette looks sooo similar to last years (colors anyway). Are those brushes in the bottom right? I hope so, that was such wasted space before.

Minis! Lots of minis! I don't want to buy full size products anymore lol.
I love minis!!!

I just noticed that the holiday sets posted here for Makeup For Ever, Stila, Too Faced, and Smashbox all have a deep cobalt blue shade- I'm sensing a new trend this Fall! I wonder if it'll be next year's color of the year or something, or if it's just a coincidence? Or maybe it's just a shade people always want in there Fall makeup wardrobe?

Back