Holiday Sets: When are they revealed?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man, I'm hoping for so many things!

Ok, here's what I'm dreaming about:

Hourglass Ambient Lighting palette of some sort (maybe of their blushes, or maybe new shades of their finishing powders, or a sampler set!)

Bite Mini Agave Mask duo with the original and their new rose gold shade

Tarte blush palette or gift set with mini blushes

OCC Lip Tar sampler pack - I wish they'd re-release that 'primary pack' because I missed out on it.

Hmm, what else? At least 20% off deal, if not more.

Oooh, some kind of awesome sampler kit from Sephora, like their previous mystery kits and beauty blitz bags!
Did you see they are releasing an Hourglass Blush trio palette!?

Did you see they are releasing an Hourglass Blush trio palette!?
Oh my gosh, no I did not! Not until you told me about it!

Wow, it's not even on the Hourglass or Sephora websites! How did you find out about it?

It's so beautiful! Now I have to decide between getting this or the ambient lighting powder palette (which I haven't gotten yet).

HOURGLASS-Ambient-Lighting-Blush-Palette-2014-642x287.jpg

Colors from L to R: Luminous Flush, Incandescent Electra (New, exclusive shade), Mood Exposure.

Oh my gosh, no I did not! Not until you told me about it!

Wow, it's not even on the Hourglass or Sephora websites! How did you find out about it?

It's so beautiful! Now I have to decide between getting this or the ambient lighting powder palette (which I haven't gotten yet).

HOURGLASS-Ambient-Lighting-Blush-Palette-2014-642x287.jpg

Colors from L to R: Luminous Flush, Incandescent Electra (New, exclusive shade), Mood Exposure.
I saw it on instagram or facebook!! I think hourglass released a pic on instagram!! I had the ambient lighting powder trio and returned it because I didn't feel like there was much difference between the three colors and the colors I already own.

Unfortunately I already have mood exposure but maybe I'll trade it! I definitely need that blush palette!

Ohhh thank you *so much* for posting this! I think those Formula X press pod tree ornaments and the paint cans are so stinkin' cute!!!

I agree, that cobalt blue is so gorgeous! Same for the jewel purple and that magenta. Nice!

I know what you mean about presents- I too would feel bad asking for something that I know they wouldn't know how to get a deal on. I have an idea- next time instead of money you could ask for a sephora gift card? But then... maybe you wouldn't be able to redeem points, so nevermind! Haha, unless you gave them your sephora card to use when they bought the giftcard! I was just thinking about this- maybe they'd feel more like they were giving you a gift if it was the card, like they were contributing more to your present. But hey, I'm not sure, just a thought!

I am also so excited- I just remembered that last year Sephora had that advent calender thing going on- which seemed awesome! I hope they do that again, but this time with something other than just fragrance!!!! Also, they had that awesome Black Friday/Cyber Monday $10 deals!! I hope they do that again!

Ok, from Sephora in general, here's what I want for the holidays:

-mystery deluxe sample bags or blitz bags

-$10 Black Friday deals

-Friends and Family sale

-20% off VIB sale, and hopefully something good for the BIs too

-Advent calender

-awesome holiday sets, like maybe a cute minis set with different brands' best-known products, kind of like their summer sun sets, but for winter or fall

And yes to all the Tarte sets! Especially their blushes and lipsurgence lip crayons.

And again, I am a broken record, but please have something from hourglass, and please something from bite and.... just give me all the minis as well!

Yes to the cooler shades of Tarte LipSurgence.

And yes to the OCC mini lip tars!!!

I don't even know what I want, so I just hope they have some awesome things this year!
If someone buys you a gift card, when you go to use it you will get points. You do not get points when buying gift cards. So the other way around from what you say ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wishlist/Dreamlist

-Holiday 2014 Guerlain Meteorites

-Hourglass Ambient blush palette, and maybe I'll finally buy the ambient lighting palette

-Hourglass mini ambient lighting compacts

and obviously, I will be buying a crap ton of whatever Lush puts out this year. I will definitely be buying at least 2 large bottles of Snow Fairy for Amadora and at least 3 large bottles of Rose Jam for myself.
Does lush have any special holiday sets/deals? I know they do those little sets they have out now but didn't know if they did something special for the holidays

I'm going to *TRY* really hard this year to limit myself to just a few things that I want.

Hourglass Ambient Lighting palette, not the blush just the finishing powders.  This is the number 1 thing on my list!

Tarte blushes

UD eyeliners, really hoping for OL3.  Even though the last thing I need is more liners.....

If UD did a set of mini lippies I would be all over those, and a Vice 3 or other LE palette would make me happy. 

If UD did a set of mini lippies I would be all over those, and a Vice 3 or other LE palette would make me happy. 
Oh my gosh, a mini set of Revolution lipsticks? GREAT IDEA! We should really pitch these to the companies. Hehehe.

I would definitely go for the Too Faced Favorite Things set this year. I've been kicking myself that I didn't get last years. Also that MUFE set! :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I hope some more compaines do the advent calenders! I know Caite has done them in the past, but last year's Benefit advent calender was the best!!! If Benefit does it again, I hope they will switch up the products from last year's calender!

HAHAHAH WOW, you ladies keep finding all these amazing things we ask for. I'm starting to wonder if it's magic. Quick, everyone list all their dream items in this post!

Seriously!!!!!!!  UD must have read my mind!  I will buy this as soon as I get my birthday promo code from UD.
That is so freaking cool! It's neat that it comes with a clear lip liner too! Hmm... are those mini sizes or full-sized?

I hope some more compaines do the advent calenders! I know Caite has done them in the past, but last year's Benefit advent calender was the best!!! If Benefit does it again, I hope they will switch up the products from last year's calender!
I like the idea of advent calendars. If Benefit did one, I'd think about getting it, but they're not my favorite company or anything. But if it had minis of the stains and the highlighters, I'd consider! I really want a mini of benetint, lollitint, highbeam, and moonbeam.

That is so freaking cool! It's neat that it comes with a clear lip liner too! Hmm... are those mini sizes or full-sized?
The lippies are mini but the liner is full size.  I've really been wanting to try their clear liner so this is perfect in my opinion.

also, just discovered this thread. what a great one! it filled me with excitement!

I will jump on another Tarte lip surgence set. I traded away the nudes and then I felt pretty "meh" about the purchase at first but now i use at least one every single day. I'll probably get the Sephora lip set if it's got colors that work for me and I don't own them of course (although again I traded or sold the nudes this past year).

I'm going to try to avoid jumping on getting palettes but we'll see...!

Back