Holiday Sets: When are they revealed?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm definitely on the look-out for an advent calendar. I did not get one last year. I was unaware that QVC had one too, so whoever posted that, thanks for letting us know. Never to early to get Holiday Deals.

I'm pumped for the Urban Decay lip set! I love my mini in Anarchy! The only colour in the set that I don't see myself using is Liar but only because I don't like nudes.

I also found some other exciting images on instagram and online.

33bohg8.png

If you look at the top left corner that red box looks to me like a possible Vice 3.

5xpsic.jpg

We have already seen the Kat Von D lipstick set but I posted this because in the back it looks like a set of Hello Kitty Lip balms

and a Benefit lip balm and stain sets.

34zfsbp.jpg

This I posted because it looks like there is going to be a Hello Kitty palette. I'll admit it I love Hello Kitty and

I can't wait to get more info on it. The packaging looks adorable!

I found a few things from Too Faced.

se24o2.png

15ea3yo.png

I took a screen shot of the Macy's website since it is available on there right now if you can't wait to get it.

aag5xz.png

There is also a new full face palette

1z6qxw2.png

And a Melted Lipstick Set!

5v7mvc.png

it looks like Benefit is going to have a blush set.

4sjvvo.png

Yep my wallet is going to be screaming.
OMG looks so amazing..All of it!! I went to the macy's website and could not find any of those too faced things!!

I'm anxiously awaiting a sneak peek of Stila holiday items. I just cannot resist the Stila stuff. (unless it is bright, vivid colors)

My poor, poor wallet. Already know I'll be purchasing the UD lip set, KVD lip set, Too Faced lip set, & Vice 3 if that's what it is. I actually hope they DON'T do another Vice & do something different but I'd be lying if I said I won't buy it. If Tarte does another blush palette I'll grab that too. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Trying not to get too many palettes this time around. I'm swimming in them! 

UD lipstick set you shall be MINE!
I'm seriously stalking the product page, waiting for it to let me add it to my bag. 

I was thinking UD would respond to my email tomorrow but they probably won't because it's a holiday. Gah. 

I'm pumped for the Urban Decay lip set! I love my mini in Anarchy! The only colour in the set that I don't see myself using is Liar but only because I don't like nudes.

I also found some other exciting images on instagram and online.

33bohg8.png

If you look at the top left corner that red box looks to me like a possible Vice 3.

5xpsic.jpg

We have already seen the Kat Von D lipstick set but I posted this because in the back it looks like a set of Hello Kitty Lip balms

and a Benefit lip balm and stain sets. 

34zfsbp.jpg

This I posted because it looks like there is going to be a Hello Kitty palette. I'll admit it I love Hello Kitty and

I found a few things from Too Faced.

se24o2.png

15ea3yo.png

I took a screen shot of the Macy's website since it is available on there right now if you can't wait to get it.

aag5xz.png

There is also a new full face palette

1z6qxw2.png

And a Melted Lipstick Set!

5v7mvc.png

it looks like Benefit is going to have a blush set.

4sjvvo.png

Yep my wallet is going to be screaming.
I want it all! Why do I have to be poor?

ahhhhh! i've been wanting to try their clear lip liner. i love love love UD so much!!!
I am obsessed  with their revolution lipsticks I have about 14 of them. The new set only has one dupe for me so its definitely a must.

ETA: I wonder if Sephora will be selling the same set?

Last edited by a moderator:
you're so sweet, and you look sooo gorgeous in your profile pic! i was in a mut/makeup hiatus during most of the summer, but now that it's getting cooler again, i'm getting crazy about makeup again. happens every year - haha!
I was going to say the same thing about your profile pic- you are so lovely! You have some very enviable features! I kind of know what you mean about the summer, although I did the opposite and splurged like a maniac. Haha. The holidays will be fun with all the buzz and new sets! So stoked!

They only let you buy one? Is that for all gift sets or just those Sephora sample bags?
You can get as many of the Sephora holiday giftsets as you want, but the gifts with purchase, like last year's blitz bags, are only one per person. I think you can't even order one of the other 2 bags if you already got one, even though they have different things. It's a policy to ensure everyone gets a fair shake. It's just that the code is one-time-use, so you can't go back and use it again, unless you're one of those people who have multiple Sephora accounts.

34zfsbp.jpg

Ahhhhh! Thank you so much, @@JenessaF for posting those pics! Keep 'em coming, makeup sleuths! I want to see more sneak peaks. Mwhahaha!

I seriously cannot believe we're getting a lot of what we asked for already- Too Faced Melted set? Done. Mini Urban Decay Revolution lipsticks? Double done.

That looks like Tarte's take on a nude eyeshadow palette. Eugh, why can't they just stick to what they're really good at and give us some more blush?

Looks like we are getting a blush set from Tarte!! I for one can't wait. I missed out on last years and regretted it.

x20xky.png

Also a Hello Kitty mirror. It's super cute.

331q108.png

It's embarrassing how much I enjoy stalking instagram and the web looking at new makeup.

Found another Too Faced lipstick set on Macy's:

Screen Shot 2014-09-01 at 10.45.50 AM.png

Unfortunately, I couldn't actually add it to my bag, so it's not available yet. Also, now that I'm looking, I can't find that "Melted Kisses" set. They must be adding/changing things by the hour. 

Like many of you ladies, I am looking forward to all of the lipstick sets! I just love the minis. I will seriously buy them all. 

Looks like we are getting a blush set from Tarte!! I for one can't wait. I missed out on last years and regretted it.

x20xky.png

It's embarrassing how much I enjoy stalking instagram and the web looking at new makeup.

Oh my goshhhhhh!!!! I'm so glad you love stalking the web looking at new makeup because this is awesome! You are a star! Please, I beg you, keep this up the next few months, we need you!

I am so excited about that Tarte blush palette! YAY!!! All our makeup wishes are coming true!!!!!

(Also that Hello Kitty mirror is super cute!)

Ok, I'm going to start speculating about the blush palette, anyone want to join me?

Based on last year's blush palette (Off the Cuff $42 with 5 shades: Crave, Dazzled, Dollface, Park Ave. Princess matte bronzer) we can assume that it'll be somewhere around the $42 range again, and well... hopefully the colors aren't going to be too similar. Let's take a gander into my Tarte blush-obsessed brain and see if we can figure out the shades in this new palette!

It looks like (L to R):

Exposed or matte Park Ave. Princess

Blushing Bride (the new, non shimmery version)

Dollface (hope that I'm wrong)

True Love or Natural Beauty

Unsure! Maybe a new shade, an exclusive perhaps?

The thing is, they all look matte again- like last year's palette. Hmm, strange!

All in all, a really good range of shades for Fall. You have a natural shade that could work as contour/bronzer, a plummy shade, a nice pink, a lovely red, and then one kind of mixed shade that looks like it has pinks and reds and plums rolled into one.

I just hope that these blushes won't be as hard to work with as the last few Tarte palettes- Be Mattenificent and Rainforest After Dark have really hard-pressed blushes and I am praying that this won't be the case with the new blush palette.

Oooh, and I hope it has a super cute name too!

Found another Too Faced lipstick set on Macy's:

Screen Shot 2014-09-01 at 10.45.50 AM.png

Unfortunately, I couldn't actually add it to my bag, so it's not available yet. Also, now that I'm looking, I can't find that "Melted Kisses" set. They must be adding/changing things by the hour. 

Like many of you ladies, I am looking forward to all of the lipstick sets! I just love the minis. I will seriously buy them all.
Ahh that is such a great set! I love Too Faced La Creme lipsticks. I happen to have all 3 of those shades, Naked Dolly and Marshmallow Bunny being 2 of my most used lipsticks.

So far I am loving the hourglass blush pallet and the Urban Decay lipstick set. I already use the lip liner that comes in the set and wouldn't mind a back up. I usually wear light pink and nude lipsticks, there are some options that would work for me in here (Liar been my fave, which so far looks like the least popular).

The Kat Von D lipstick set looks gorgeous, however, I have bought her lipstick sets for the last 4 years, I find I haven't been using them as much as I did in the beginning and I don't see many shades that I would wear too often in this set. It is such a pretty buy though.

AHHH TARTE BLUSH PALETTE!!  :wub:  And I've been dying to try those Too Faced Lipsticks!

*Adds to already embarrassingly long shopping list*

Back