jenacate

Birchbox June 2015 (spoilers)

Nordstrom uses Newgistics and I always get my orders really quickly. My last makeup order was placed on Monday night with the normal free shipping, and I received it yesterday. Maybe Birchbox just uses a cheaper crappier delivery service of theirs?

Where does Nordstrom ship from? I think the origin location also has a part. But probably you are right, Birchbox must be using the lowest tier service Newgistics offers. :/

I can't find where it shipped from using the tracking email, (....weird) and I used the box to ship something else this morning.  :(

• Like 1

Of all the choices for the head band, which might I add I was actually excited for since the image showed browns and camos as the choices, I ended up with a peach one that honestly looks like someone chopped the bra-strap off a tweenager's training bra and tied it into a loop. (elastic with that loop 'lace' along one edge) <_<

OMG I shouldn't laugh but that description is so funny!  Maybe I need to do that just to get one that fits my HEAD!!  hahahahahaha

• Like 2

Of all the choices for the head band, which might I add I was actually excited for since the image showed browns and camos as the choices, I ended up with a peach one that honestly looks like someone chopped the bra-strap off a tweenager's training bra and tied it into a loop. (elastic with that loop 'lace' along one edge) <_<

It's TOTALLY a tween bra strap, you're right.  I got the one in baby blue and am going to foist it off on my 5-year-old niece.  She'll probably think it sucks, too.  Between that and the 10% off "prize," I'm glad I only dropped a buck on this box.  At least my pencil was the Mulberry one, which is what I was hoping for.  Gonna cancel for a couple months and maybe come back in August if they have those special edition CEW boxes like they had last year, I'll have about $20 in points to blow then and might get those and get out of the Birchbox game.

Edit: I was just able to share for 10 points on my FB page.  It didn't give me points the last few times I tried to do that, so a heads up if you don't do Twitter.  Got 70 points for this garbage box!

Edited by jb3480
  • Like 2

I got the baby blue one as well and I doubt my 9-year old is going to want to have anything to do with it. I also got the 10% off like you @@jb3480 . It's not that much but better than nothing. At least it will pay for tax on an order. I'll use it for sure.

I got the blue headband also.  It was too small.  I didn't receive the eyeliner listed on my card.  I called customer service this morning, they are sending a replacement (in indigo).  Does anybody know what that color looks like? 

Oh well, this was not a good box for me.  The only thing I liked was the eye gels that I picked.  I think curated box may be the way to go.

I got the blue headband also.  It was too small.  I didn't receive the eyeliner listed on my card.  I called customer service this morning, they are sending a replacement (in indigo).  Does anybody know what that color looks like? 

Oh well, this was not a good box for me.  The only thing I liked was the eye gels that I picked.  I think curated box may be the way to go.

It is a very dark blue. If you are into black liners, you will probably like it since it almost looks like black. 

• Like 1

Oh man I'm still waiting on my upgraded box to arrive, it also has a headband! I'm curious if it will my head, I have a smaller head.

I hope my box has the indigo liner, I have the other colors, I suppose I can swap if I don't get it.

Oh man I'm still waiting on my upgraded box to arrive, it also has a headband! I'm curious if it will my head, I have a smaller head.

I hope my box has the indigo liner, I have the other colors, I suppose I can swap if I don't get it.

Headband is a bit tight but it is actually good for the gym. I have been using it while working out for the past days, it seems to be okay.

I'm soooo annoyed that I got the "enjoyed you box now review for points" email today um if I HAD my box Birchbox!

Ugh!

• Like 1

I'm soooo annoyed that I got the "enjoyed you box now review for points" email today um if I HAD my box Birchbox!

Ugh!

I don't have my box either. It was supposed to be delivered on Friday. I have a giant head so my headband probably won't fit anyway. 

Ugh!

Did they say anything about why the boxes were so late this month? I'm guessing they were trying to wait for the eyeliners, but I hope this isn't a new trend.

I think my box is generally always late but I did the upgrade this month which has delayed it even further.

My box is usually very late so I was surprised to get it now. I had ordered the watch as extra and thought with that I'll never see my box. :D Happy it came earlier this time. I'm disappointed though because I got the same Cargo eye shadow again but I did get an email acknowledging the mistake and I got 100 sorry points. This time to box was ok. The upgrade wasn't worth it to me this month but I think I'll stick with it one more month and see. Here is a picture of my box (minus the watch, forgot to take a pic with the watch).

birchbox June 2015 spoilers.jpg

• Like 2

I don't have my box either. It was supposed to be delivered on Friday. I have a giant head so my headband probably won't fit anyway. 

I think you can make the headband longer if you untie the knot and stitch the ends at the point your head feels comfortable, that is of course if you like the headband to start with ;)

Still no box yet either.  The tracking message keeps switching between saying it is being born and being prepared.  I am sorry to see that others are experiencing the same frustration.  I am pretty annoyed with the whole thing. I won't get my current box before the choice for next month opens.  

Called Birchbox this morning.   Usually they have great customer service reps.  But not today.  For starters they weren't answering the phones at 9 am, or 9:05, or  9:10.  Really?  Then I got this rep who was really expert at conveying an eyeroll with her voice.  Birchbox takes zero responsibility for not sending my $30 box.  And will replace it with whatever dreck is still laying around and it might arrive in  10 days.  Great.  I immediately cancelled my upgrade. So unhappy this month 

Called Birchbox this morning.   Usually they have great customer service reps.  But not today.  For starters they weren't answering the phones at 9 am, or 9:05, or  9:10.  Really?  Then I got this rep who was really expert at conveying an eyeroll with her voice.  Birchbox takes zero responsibility for not sending my $30 box.  And will replace it with whatever dreck is still laying around and it might arrive in  10 days.  Great.  I immediately cancelled my upgrade. So unhappy this month 

Ugh, blah, boo!

I was going to email them about my box today but I convinced myself to wait until Friday, if tracking doesn't indicate that it's moving through the postal system by then, I'm def emailing a complaint or at least letting them know how dissatisfied I'm with waiting over two weeks for a box to arrive mean while I'm getting "love yours box, review for points" email, oh and today "choose your upgrade for July"

I would be really super if my JUNE box was here, ya know since you're hell bent on reminding me that it isn't and it's time to think about July already.

Meh, I'm cranky.  

• Like 1

Ha so I lied I emailed birchbox right after I wrote that post. I replied to the review your box for points email and this was the email I got back.... 

WTH?

Bonjour Ann,

Merci de nous avoir contactés, nous avons bien pris en compte votre message !

Vous êtes très nombreuses à nous écrire, mais nous faisons notre maximum pour vous répondre le plus rapidement possible. Chaque message sera traité personnellement et avec beaucoup d'attention.
Pour faciliter nos échanges, merci de ne pas multiplier les mails afin de ne pas retarder le traitement de votre demande. Promis, nos responsables expérience client s'occuperont très vite de vous !

L'équipe Birchbox

• Like 8

Ha so I lied I emailed birchbox right after I wrote that post. I replied to the review your box for points email and this was the email I got back.... 

WTH?

Bonjour Ann,

Vous êtes très nombreuses à nous écrire, mais nous faisons notre maximum pour vous répondre le plus rapidement possible. Chaque message sera traité personnellement et avec beaucoup d'attention.

Pour faciliter nos échanges, merci de ne pas multiplier les mails afin de ne pas retarder le traitement de votre demande. Promis, nos responsables expérience client s'occuperont très vite de vous !

L'équipe Birchbox

Classic.

• Like 1

WTH?

Bonjour Ann,

L'équipe Birchbox

Now you got a connection with the French Birchbox (lol :P), I hope you also receive one of their boxes too (they seem much better than ours) :D

PS: Hope your issues will be resolved soon.

• Like 1

Now you got a connection with the French Birchbox (lol :P), I hope you also receive one of their boxes too (they seem much better than ours) :D

Thank you.  I WISH I'd love a European box!

It seems Birchbox is a hot mess this month. I had received a completely wrong box (5 different, but sucky samples) and had contacted CS. They were super nice and sent me a new box. The box finally came, but it was covered in blue eyeliner. Mind you, the cap hadn't following off in transit, the cap was literally pushed into the wrong side. Thankfully I can sharpen the pencil, but still. How the heck does an eye liner cap get on the wrong side???

• Like 1

Actually the French Birchbox was the first to try Beaver shampoo. They didn't mind because it's not a terrible pun for them.

Actually the French Birchbox was the first to try Beaver shampoo. They didn't mind because it's not a terrible pun for them.

Lol :D

I love how British Birchbox samples come in a neat pouch inside the box and French Birchbox includes a nice makeup bag, but in general they have bigger samples than ours. Apparently deluxe means really deluxe in Europe. 

• Like 1