Birchbox June 2015 (spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's the 25th, but it might be the 20th. Best thing is to call or Facebook message and ask.

I live in Houston...it's a great city! Hotter than you can imagine in the summer, but great nonetheless.
I live about 40 miles outside of Houston city limits :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

that is a very true statement - sometimes it's "I don't want to even leave my house today" hot

Does anyone know when the PYS emails go out this month?  Is it me or does the date change every month?  I am finally ACE on both my accounts so hopefully will get my choices.  This will be the first month that I don't get one curated box.  That box looks just horrid to me, especially since it has fragrance in it.  Got fragrance two months in a row on one of my accounts despite selecting 'not more than 6 per year'.  

Thanks!

Change your address as soon as you know your new one and make sure that you have USPS forward your mail from your old place to your new place.
How do I have USPS forward my mail, do I do it through my account on their website or do I call my post office and do it?

I live about 40 miles outside of Houston city limits :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

that is a very true statement - sometimes it's "I don't want to even leave my house today" hot
I've never experienced "I don't want to even leave my house today" hot, but have experienced "I don't want to even leave my house today" cold, especially these past two winters. Negatives are not okay! Especially with a windchill!

How do I have USPS forward my mail, do I do it through my account on their website or do I call my post office and do it?
The best way (to me) is through usps.com.  As soon as you know your address and when you will be residing there go online and fill out a change of address.  They will forward all your mail and time it to the date you say you want it to start.  It's really easy.

Not really on the June topic but did anyone here get the Chosungah 22 lippy this month? I've seen it all over Instagram and thought it looked so cool! I'd consider resubscribing if I knew I'd get one.

Does anyone know when the PYS emails go out this month?  Is it me or does the date change every month?  I am finally ACE on both my accounts so hopefully will get my choices.  This will be the first month that I don't get one curated box.  That box looks just horrid to me, especially since it has fragrance in it.  Got fragrance two months in a row on one of my accounts despite selecting 'not more than 6 per year'.  

Thanks!
I think it goes out on the 25th or 26th.

Not really on the June topic but did anyone here get the Chosungah 22 lippy this month? I've seen it all over Instagram and thought it looked so cool! I'd consider resubscribing if I knew I'd get one.
I got one - but it was the SUPER pastel pink one, not the neat looking see-through orange one.  The pink was so pastely-pink on me, it just looked awful.  I really wish I had gotten one that was more like gloss.  It did go on very smooth - seems very moisturizing.  It's just a bummer I can't wear it.

I got one - but it was the SUPER pastel pink one, not the neat looking see-through orange one.  The pink was so pastely-pink on me, it just looked awful.  I really wish I had gotten one that was more like gloss.  It did go on very smooth - seems very moisturizing.  It's just a bummer I can't wear it.
The orange looked so fun! I might just buy it...like I NEED another lip product  :blink:

While browsing the BB shop I found Peripera Peri's lip tint jelly, it also looks really fun! They have one that goes on blue but changes to a peach color on your lips. I may just buy that one too! 
I really want to try that too! I recently bought the Peripera Lumi Pang Lip Gloss in sensual and really like it. It works better as a lip stain. Some people don't like the smell of it, but it goes away really quickly and does feel moisturizing. 

I've never experienced "I don't want to even leave my house today" hot, but have experienced "I don't want to even leave my house today" cold, especially these past two winters. Negatives are not okay! Especially with a windchill!
I'm originally from Germany, so I am used to and love the cold weather. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I escape to Florida for the summer. Everyone there whines about the heat and humidity, and I just laugh. It's nothing compared to here. I remember a couple of years ago it was over 100 for a whole month, except for one day when it was only 99.

I escape to Florida for the summer. Everyone there whines about the heat and humidity, and I just laugh. It's nothing compared to here. I remember a couple of years ago it was over 100 for a whole month, except for one day when it was only 99.
We spent our summer vacations in Florida with family who used to live there - it is nothing compared to here.

I received the Chosungah in Guava Jello (the translucent orange one) and I was pleased to find that I LOVE it. I swatched it on my hand first and it definitely leaves a nice tint with a bit of a staining effect (lasts around 4hrs). The shade is flattering with my skintone (neutral to yellow). I doubt I would have been as happy with the pink.

After the Jane Iredale last month, and then this one, I'm becoming a huge fan of these slightly staining, lip balm-type products. They pack a decent punch of color, last as long as a lipstick, but unlike lipsticks and gloss they don't leave a weird film on the lips as they wear off. I'd consider them sort of in between a tinted lip balm and a long-wearing lip stain: application is much easier than the latter, and granted they don't last as long, but patchiness/uneven application is a non-issue. 

I've happy enough with its performance that I would heartily recommend the Jello variety of the Chosungah lipstick for anyone on the fence about purchasing. It doesn't have any taste though, not sure why it's marketed as "flavorful"

Last edited by a moderator:
Promo code TATIOFFER is apparently working if you want a Bb Women's sub for $1.00.  It applied in my cart for me, but I don't think it's a 100-point code, so I cancelled the promo on my cart page without checking out.  I don't want to use it if I only get 1 point when I subscribe. 

BB50OFF (pay $10, get 10 points) applied in-cart on a Bb Men's sub.  June samples on the Men's sub will be on the Bb website on May 25th, right?  I intend to use this promo if the Men's samples look really good.  I think this one works on Women's subs, too, but only paying $5 means only 5 points and I prefer to wait for a 100-point code.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm originally from Germany, so I am used to and love the cold weather. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I have lived in northern Ohio my entire life and I'm still not used to the cold. I need the heat!!! People here start wearing shorts when it's only in the 60's and I'm still wearing jeans and a sweater. It needs to be in the upper 70's without wind for me to wear shorts without being cold! I was NOT made for cold weather at all!

Back