Birchbox June 2015 (spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i live in northern ohio as well haha! 

i did open a second account for the 1 dollar birchbox, not sure if im going to keep it open or not i ordered i think friday? so it will be a may box still right?

My last email avout PSY choices said it will go out the 27th, but if you shared your link and someone subbed you would get it the 25th (today). A friend of mine subbed but I haven't gotten the email yet today. Anyone else?

My last email avout PSY choices said it will go out the 27th, but if you shared your link and someone subbed you would get it the 25th (today). A friend of mine subbed but I haven't gotten the email yet today. Anyone else?
You'll get PYS email tomorrow. This is what the terms say "*You can get early access to sample choice by referring one or more friends by 5/25 at 11:59 p.m. You'll receive an email from Birchbox on 5/26 to make your selection"

Has anyone gotten an email?
Nope, but I am not sure I even want to pick a sample.  This will be my last month of my year sub and at the VERY least I am taking a break for a while.  I might roll the dice and leave this "Last Hurrah" box up to the BB gods.  I am crazy that way.  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

No email yet. I'm not thrilled with the pys choices but I'm certain if I leave two boxes up for chance I will get twins. I guess since I already know I'm getting two eyeliners this would be the month not to worry about that. It would be nice if each had 4 items I really wanted to try. 

I didn't bother with early PYS referrals, even when I selected a sample last month Birchbox didn't give it to me. I think they just do what they want.   

I picked the coola because last time I tried it I loved it. It's the only sunscreen I've tried that I can't smell the sunscreen smell on my face on and off most of the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got the email, and noticed that they are going to have a new option where you can ADD the guest editor box for $10 in addition to your 'regular' box. When I tried the link, it said it was 'out of stock', but that makes for a nice option if you want a particular PYS as well as the guest box. :)

bbox.png

I just got the email, and noticed that they are going to have a new option where you can ADD the guest editor box for $10 in addition to your 'regular' box. When I tried the link, it said it was 'out of stock', but that makes for a nice option if you want a particular PYS as well as the guest box. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Interesting. When I clicked on it it showed up as $15 and out of stock. 

Interesting. When I clicked on it it showed up as $15 and out of stock. 
Yeah, I just saw that it was $15 after you posted that, and I went back and looked. Weird. I assumed the OOS was due to an extremely limited supply for the first trials, but if it is actually $15, that's not as good. :/

I got my email and picked the eye gels, they are a favorite of mine, happy to get more.
I'm getting those on my other account, and would have done both plus the guest editor box had the link not been out of stock..I got those in my Ipsy bag a few months back, and they are amazing for when my allergies give me what looks like two black eyes, lol

ETA:

I actually just sent off an email about it..I suspect I am one of the first to get the emails, and it may just be a website glitch, and darn it, if I can get both, I WANT TO. Figured it couldn't hurt to ask why the link was OOS/$15 at the very least. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ETA:

I actually just sent off an email about it..I suspect I am one of the first to get the emails, and it may just be a website glitch, and darn it, if I can get both, I WANT TO. Figured it couldn't hurt to ask why the link was OOS/$15 at the very least. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Report back if you hear anything. I'm not 100% into this month's guest editor box, but if they are planning to roll out the option long term, I'm sure I'll pick some of them up...especially for $10. $15 not so much.

Report back if you hear anything. I'm not 100% into this month's guest editor box, but if they are planning to roll out the option long term, I'm sure I'll pick some of them up...especially for $10. $15 not so much.
It just occurred to me that it would mean having all your review points on one account. That would be a nice option instead of goofing around with two subs. Assuming they are just $10. 

Got my PYS email with the referral - chose Dr. Jart!

I've been using coconut oil to remove my eye makeup which has worked well throughout the winter but I have a feeling my greasy/sweaty summer skin isn't going to love oil-removal too much once it warms up more! Excited to try it, especially since it can be used as a toner too. 

Ok, got a response:

Thanks for reaching out. I'm so sorry for the confusion!

To purchase The Tig "Ready, Set, Summer" Featured Box in addition to your regular June box and/or Sample Choice, click here while logged into your account. From there, click "Join Waitlist"—although we don't have the box available to ship out right away, you'll receive an email notification the moment it becomes available so you may place your additional order. Rest assured, we do plan to have this box available to order very shortly, and we sincerely appreciate your patience!

Following the link, I noticed that it does say it is $10 for current subscribers (yellow box and arrow mine)

ETA:  I suspect though, it will count as a 'purchase' this way though and reviews won't count for points..

bbox.png

I HATED the beta box last month, so thats canceled but this month picked the eye gels and opened 2nd account so hopefully ill get email for that account tomorrow

Back