DoctorToaster

Birchbox September 2015 (Spoilers)

If I actually get the pys email (first month as an ace! Yay!), I'll be choosing the davines duo. I've wanted to try something from them for so long and never get it sent to me.

• Like 1

I will get the shampoo. It's annoying that the customer favorites is completely different from the photo on the referral page. I do not want Harvey Price or another Marcelle liner. 

• Like 4

Wow, definitely not picking the curated box I already have two Liz Earle cleansers and Harvey Prince Hello samples. 

I will probably end up picking the Dr. Brandt

Edited by BreZblue
  • Like 2

I do not think I will pick a sample choice this month, and just leave it up to them.

Just became an Ace recently too which will be nice!
And I totally forgot to review my samples of August! Agh!

• Like 1

I wonder why I'm not getting any preview. Is there a link I've missed?

here is the link

It was mentioned above :)

• Like 1

I hope I can get the shampoo. I have zero interest in any other sample choices, and the customer favorites box is a big no for me too. I hate perfume, and Beauty Protector breaks me out (womp womp). The free box for 2 completed referrals is pretty nice!

So happy, I am OBSESSED with Davines and if I can guarantee I'll get that product I will jump through hoops. I didn't expect y'all to be as pro-shampoo, but maybe it's the Beaver fiasco sticking in my mind haha.

On a side note, I love Lorelai's nose ring! I think she's had a stud in before but she can really pull off the hoop.

I will probably pick the Davines duo.

It's kind of disappointing to see the curated box different than the one with Happy Buddha :/

I'm going for the brow pencil or the shadows. Most likely the pencil though because I want to try it and I don't have a lot of brow products. If I don't get both in my box I might try to swap for the shadows. I like purple for fall. I love the way purple and orange look together.

The September Video is up!! Yay!!

I think I will pick the ABH or the POP Beauty!!! For my 2nd BirchBox, I will pick the Customer Favorites Box! However, it isn't my favorite lol. 

Edited by everythingandnothin

So happy, I am OBSESSED with Davines and if I can guarantee I'll get that product I will jump through hoops. I didn't expect y'all to be as pro-shampoo, but maybe it's the Beaver fiasco sticking in my mind haha.

On a side note, I love Lorelai's nose ring! I think she's had a stud in before but she can really pull off the hoop.

I never noticed she had a stud - she does look good with her nose ring, I just never saw it before

Re Shampoo - I love getting shampoo samples, so I am always happy to see them in my box!

I never noticed she had a stud - she does look good with her nose ring, I just never saw it before

Re Shampoo - I love getting shampoo samples, so I am always happy to see them in my box!

Did anyone remember the old videos when Lorelei had dark reddish hair? I clicked on an old video and thought- who is that? She sounds like Lorelei.

Hmm. Tough choice this month. I like the davines and the dr Brandt, but have received them before. I like the Anastasia brand, but have so many brow products right now. And the pop colors look good, but I feel like I've heard mostly negative things about them.

I'm back down to just one box this month (unless I see a new 100 point code) so I may leave it to chance or grab the pop, just to get something totally new to me.

Birchbox plus orders come with balloons!  Gah if only I wanted the plus items. Anyone who doesn't want their balloons can send them all to me! :)  

I like all the pick your sample choices, hard to decide what to get. I kinda like the favorites box but the products...meh.

Anyone know if I get two people to sign up does that mean I get my upgraded box with the $20 add on FREE??? Hmmmm???  Probs not, huh?

I think I'll let Birchbox completely surprise me this month with samples. I really have not liked any of the Davines samples I've received in the past, got the Dr Brandt cleanser in August's box, don't necessarily want the eye shadow trio, and I have a brow pencil that I love and won't be changing anytime soon.

However...I'll probably get the add-on tote bag. I love the Rifle Paper one from earlier,really high quality, and this one looks like the same material/construction. I'm tempted by the acrylic holder and the gold bracelet, too.

Passing on the curated box this month. The Nicole box and the one before that were awesome, and I like the products in this one, but just not enough to buy it extra.

I wish Lorelei would post what her beauty routine actually is. Her skin is flawless is the videos.

Edited by redbadger
  • Like 1

I wish Lorelei would post what her beauty routine actually is. Her skin is flawless is the videos.

I thought the same thing watching the video. I would love to know what products she uses.  :)

I'm going to leave mine up to chance. The plus items I was more interested in though. I'll have to check those out when they are released.

I'm pretty meh about sample choice. I kinda want the brow pencil, but I already have quite a few brow products (including my HG pencil) so I'm not sure I really want another. The pop eyeshadows are pretty but it seems like they have hardly no pigmentation, so I'm not sure I want those. I guess I'll probably get the Davines on one account since I've tried the pink one and liked it enough and the Dr. Brandt on the other since I never get his products. I wish I liked the curated box, but between the Hello perfume and the fact I already have the cleanser and cloth and I didn't like the blue eyeliner I got from that brand I don't think it would be worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w08ImF0aYRM&index=77&list=PLZa3NtscBpLzcoqktbSE8FTsIVjfrrB_B

I think this is the closest thing to Lorelei's skincare routine they've posted on the Birchbox Youtube.  I couldn't find one on her everyday makeup products, although those might be in the Favorites videos they have her post once in a while.

• Like 4

After a few months of picking a sample or getting the guest editors box, I'm just going to leave it up to the birchbox gods. I've already had 2 of the samples i the guest editors box and I'm not excited abut any of the sample choices. I really want to try the liz earle cleanse and polish but I'm not going to get the guest editor box for one sample. I wish that was one of the PYS this month. I would have been super excited then. I expected more from them on their 5th anniversary. Oh well, I've had some pretty great boxes lately. I'm due for a bad one.

• Like 1

More info/speculation about the future of Birchbox after Hayley steps away as co-CEO.

http://www.bizjournals.com/newyork/news/2015/08/20/from-birchbox-to-zady-when-restless-cofounders.html

"Birchbox and the quiet exit: Just last week, we learned that Birchbox cofounder and former co-CEO Hayley Barna quietly shifted to an advisory role in recent months although she remains on the company’s board. Katia Beauchamp is now the sole CEO of the New York City-based beauty retailer, which has a subscription business and a flagship retail store. It’s unclear what Barna’s next move is, but the brand is clearly shifting from being reliant on its subscription box business to moving further into brick and mortar retailer."

• Like 1