Birchbox September 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My box came with the upgrades and also the makeup organizer that I had added as an add-on. I'm overall happy with it especially about the Tocca scrub and the 100% pure eye cream. The model co lipstick is a shade (smitten) I wouldn't normally wear much but I'm looking forward to trying it.  Thank you @@Bizgirlva for the tip about the little smudger being part of the eyebrow highlighter. 

birchbox september 2015 spoiler.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone actually receive balloons in their box? Remember in the video there were supposed to be balloons that said Best Day and Yay? Were those only a surprise in some boxes or a crazy dream I had?

I thought the balloons were for the curated box or if you purchased an add-on or something.  they were not in the regular boxes.

Did anyone actually receive balloons in their box? Remember in the video there were supposed to be balloons that said Best Day and Yay? Were those only a surprise in some boxes or a crazy dream I had?
There were balloons in mine. It was 3 balloons in different colors. The kids loved playing with them so it worked out. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> I did buy an add-on so maybe that's why. I got the makeup organizer.

September officially has me confused. The first week of September I got an email saying I needed to update my billing information, which after multiple emails BB told me it was an error on their end and they had fixed it. Wrong. 2 more phone calls finally got it corrected and my box processing. Now that is has finally shipped, my shipping is taking extra long and has really weird double dates. Has anyone ever had weird tracking info like this?! Mind you I only live about two hours from Fort Worth, yet it says it won't be here for another week.

image.jpeg

September officially has me confused. The first week of September I got an email saying I needed to update my billing information, which after multiple emails BB told me it was an error on their end and they had fixed it. Wrong. 2 more phone calls finally got it corrected and my box processing. Now that is has finally shipped, my shipping is taking extra long and has really weird double dates. Has anyone ever had weird tracking info like this?! Mind you I only live about two hours from Fort Worth, yet it says it won't be here for another week.

image.jpeg
Did you try to track it on USPS website? After Newgistics hands my boxes to USPS, I always find USPS tracking info a bit more reliable than Narvar. But, nowadays USPS is working very slow, too. Still, it shouldn't take a week to deliver your box after it was given to USPS. 

Did you try to track it on USPS website? After Newgistics hands my boxes to USPS, I always find USPS tracking info a bit more reliable than Narvar. But, nowadays USPS is working very slow, too. Still, it shouldn't take a week to deliver your box after it was given to USPS.
Yes and sadly USPS says the same. Buts it's gotten even more strange now. Yesterday it updated to "out for delivery" in my home town, never got delivered and then it back tracked and now it says it's being sorted in a different town about 30 minutes from here. It's officially gone crazy.

Yes and sadly USPS says the same. Buts it's gotten even more strange now. Yesterday it updated to "out for delivery" in my home town, never got delivered and then it back tracked and now it says it's being sorted in a different town about 30 minutes from here. It's officially gone crazy.
Oh, so sorry :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have been having the same troubles with USPS (for packages coming from different places) for the past 2 weeks. :/

I just got a September box, which was only the third box on this account. One of my samples was Harvey Prince Hello body butter...which I already received in July! So weird since in my 2+ years with various accounts I've never had a duplicate sample, not even on the account I've had since 2013! Since I only had 10 samples prior to this box with this account it's not like they had no other options to send. I also ordered it on the 24th and it seemed like it was thrown together, it's mostly tiny samples, I won't be ordering that close to the end of the month again just in case. I also didn't get the 20% off code as stated.

They did give me 100 points and a 20% off code when I emailed to tell them about the issues, so that was nice. Also, I was still able to review the sample a second time for some reason. The email said they would "be in touch with appropriate compensation shortly" right along with them saying they had given me 100 points...? I don't know what more compensation anyone could need? Ha. I only paid $5 for the box so still getting 50 points, 4 new samples (plus a spare Hello butter) and then 100 points is plenty! Maybe they forget to erase that part and it's a form email. They also said they were going to look into how it happened in the first place. Has this happened to others?

Back