Birchbox September 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today is customer appreciation day at BB. They have items for 5, 10 and 15 for both the men's and women's shop. It reminds me of that 4th of July sale, yes it's all marked down, but it's nothing I really want.
Anything that looked good to me was already sold out, so oh well. I coincidentally got my shipping and was able to view my box a few hours after emailing customer service...

I ended up using the app to add stuff to my cart because the site was taking so long. I bought the Skin & co serum. I got it in my first box ever and loved it but I cannot justify a $75 serum to myself but for $15 I can. My second box arrived yesterday with a broken ModelCo lipstick and they are out of them so I got points instead. I don't think the color would have been good for me so it's probably for the best.

I'm kinda curious about how the Birchbox appreciation thing was supposed to work? Like, did they only call a select few people? Are all customers getting whatever cool thing was the surprise? I tried Googling it but can't find anything. 

I'm kinda curious about how the Birchbox appreciation thing was supposed to work? Like, did they only call a select few people? Are all customers getting whatever cool thing was the surprise? I tried Googling it but can't find anything. 
This year they called random people and gave them $50 in store points.

Last year they did house visits to few selected people with gift bags, if I remember correctly.

It kinda sucks that they only select a few people. I mean, I completely understand that it'd cost a bunch, but they could do something really small, like a little keychain or something so everyone feels appreciated. 

Are we still getting ace gifts? I have 3 ace accounts with 2 subscriptions and i only got an offer for one keychain.

Btw mildly irked I didnt get a customer appreciation email for all 3 accounts until 8:07pm est-- too late to action it or get skmething before sold out. Almost emailed but I feel that would be sorry point asking which I really dont want them to feel obligated to give me.

Are we still getting ace gifts? I have 3 ace accounts with 2 subscriptions and i only got an offer for one keychain.

Btw mildly irked I didnt get a customer appreciation email for all 3 accounts until 8:07pm est-- too late to action it or get skmething before sold out. Almost emailed but I feel that would be sorry point asking which I really dont want them to feel obligated to give me.
I've been an ACE for 2 or 3 years now and have never gotten a gift!

I also did not get the customer appreciation email until 4pm PST. I went to order at 9pm when I got home and apparently it was over by then? The email doesn't say what the time frame it was for. I was pretty annoyed. There were a few things I actually wanted!!

Yeah, I'm an ACE on both accounts, and didn't get an email until late in the day on either. Didn't get a call, and didn't get my boxes until very late yesterday and today so no new 20% off code to use for the sale. I'm usually not that grumpy about Birchbox, but I picked the POP eyeshadow on my main account and it arrived totally smashed up, and I emailed Birchbox and haven't received a reply so I'm frustrated. Also got perfume on both my accounts this month and didn't like either one!

Okay, venting over! If I get my POP replaced I'll be happy, as the colors mashed together into a nice looking grey, so I beg separately they'll be even nicer, lol.

The ace gift program seems so random that I actually think it hurts their brand because it feels unequitable. If more people dont get them than those that do it just seems pointless

Both of my accounts are Ace and they sent me keychain for only one of them. I saw some people on Instagram who got a keychain and a small makeup bag, I don't know how.

The program seems very random, I agree :/

Two of my Aces accounts have gotten the keychain and then the next month they got the email with the code to get $15 off of anything in the special Aces section (it's something they set up at certain times that you can only get to with the code they send, there isn't some special secret store that non Aces are missing out on).  The first time they did that the store had all sorts of cool stuff that you could get for free or close to free with your $15 code.  The second time there was only the make-up bag that was less than $30.  And the rest of the stuff was either a better deal with a code or stuff I wasn't interested in anyway.

If you do get a key chain  you can use it to get a free mystery sample without buying $35 worth of stuff. At check out the key chain will be valued at ten dollars. Add $15 worth of stuff, a sample pack and go to check out. An anniversary code will remove the cost of the key chain. This assumes that they send you an email saying it has been added to your cart. I know in the past some people have had them just mysteriously arrive in the mail. 

Well here is something random I forgot about. I've been an ACE for at least 2 years and just the other day I did get a happy anniversary you've been an ACE for a year now (no, it has been at least 2....), here is $15 to spend in the store. So that WAS nice and better than the keychain and I didn't have to spend a minimum amount of money so I just basically used the $15 on a swell bottle I wanted. 

So I lied, I DID get something as an ace, although 1.) I've been and ACE for much longer than one year, lol and 2.) my other account that is also an ace for at least a year, closer to two never received anything, including the 1 year anniversary email. Maybe I will get it when it has been 2 years at least, like the other one, :lol:

I've gotten key chains randomly and the $15 ace credit for specific items on my anniversary but it all seems very random to me.

Anyway, here's my upgrade box with three full size items. I think the upgraded items for me, this month, are the Clio Kill Black pen liner and the bbrowbar highlighter

IMG_8448.JPG

This is my third eye cream this month! Thank goodness for swaps! The Helmut Lange scent is unisex, I didn't like it at first but it's grown on me. My lipstick was smitten, I think I have Kitty already. Smitten is described as cranberry red. When I took the pick i didn't know the little smudger went on the end of the highlighter, I was seriously stumped, wasn't until I looked at my box page that I figured out it went on the end of the highlighter. DUH! The liner is really nice and I'm thrilled with the Tocca scrub. Shampoo (and conditioner was my sample pick.

I got my BB in yesterday and love this month! I got 7 items and the only thing I would change is the Model Co color, I got Stiletto but can't wear red of any shade so I wish I'd gotten Kitty.20150917_123502.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My samples are, in birchbox terms, HUGE this month. Tocca scrub is 1oz., Parlor shampoo is 1oz., the Malin+Goetz is .5oz., and the Rusk is 1.1oz.! Plus my shadow trio and the two foils? I'd say it's an amazing box this month.

Edited because I didn't upload the picture the first time..

20150919_011440.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back