Birchbox September 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't receive my PYS (Anastasia brow pencil) in my box and it wasn't on my box preview. I emailed them and they apologized, said they had extras of the Anastasia pencil sample and will ship me one.

No sorry points, and no points to review it whenever I receive it. I don't usually have issues/problems with BB so I've never received sorry points before anyway, but I am kind of annoyed that I don't even get my 10 points to review my PYS.

My box was mostly a bust, I am only happy with the Tocca scrub. The Model Co lipstick, Caffeine eye cream, Lang perfume, and Furterer hair cream all stink, literally. I don't usually get bothered by scents, but I really strongly dislike the scents of 4/5 of the very fragrant/smelly products I received in my box.
I've had this happen, if you contact them again, they'll ask for your review and give you the review points.

I didn't receive my PYS (Anastasia brow pencil) in my box and it wasn't on my box preview. I emailed them and they apologized, said they had extras of the Anastasia pencil sample and will ship me one. 

No sorry points, and no points to review it whenever I receive it.  I don't usually have issues/problems with BB so I've never received sorry points before anyway, but I am kind of annoyed that I don't even get my 10 points to review my PYS.

My box was mostly a bust, I am only happy with the Tocca scrub.  The Model Co lipstick, Caffeine eye cream, Lang perfume, and Furterer hair cream all stink, literally.  I don't usually get bothered by scents, but I really strongly dislike the scents of 4/5 of the very fragrant/smelly products I received in my box.
Which scent was the Tocca? I have only received Bianca/ the green tea one and liked it. But I was afraid to order any of the others without sampling first since the descriptions sounded too flowery.

No sorry points, and no points to review it whenever I receive it.  I don't usually have issues/problems with BB so I've never received sorry points before anyway, but I am kind of annoyed that I don't even get my 10 points to review my PYS.

My box was mostly a bust, I am only happy with the Tocca scrub.  The Model Co lipstick, Caffeine eye cream, Lang perfume, and Furterer hair cream all stink, literally.  I don't usually get bothered by scents, but I really strongly dislike the scents of 4/5 of the very fragrant/smelly products I received in my box.
Ugh they told me they were all out of brow pencils!

Still haven't gotten my box but I'm really excited about what's in it: I'm getting Benefit brow gel, Tocca scrub, Artisan perfume (finally a brand that's not juicy or harvey prince), the Malin and Goetz, and Amika style spray.

Really looking forward to trying the Benefit, Tocca, Artisan, and Amika...Malin and Goetz is a good brand but I wish the sizes of the items were switched and we had a larger moisturizer sample. But really good brands this month!!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I still haven't received shipping notices/tracking and my box is still showing August. So weird. I bought an add on- I wonder what is taking so long though?

LOOOOVE my box this month. 

Davines Love shampoo and conditioner - davines is always amazing. shampoo is a great size

100% pure eye cream - great size and smells sooo good

mally liquid lipstick - full size!!! really nice neutral color

By Rosie Jane James perfume - surprisingly love this and will be buying full size. smells like a feminine fall bonfire

Whish shave cream - not the most exciting, but will get used!

We'll see how much i love box #2

That's why those boxes always ship late or last. 
 Yeah but I usually buy an add on, and I live in CA so my box does take a while to get out but it still usually ships around the 10th and I can always view the box by the 10th. I emailed customer service just to make sure something weird wasn't going on

Awww...shipping went from the September 15th-16th then 17th-18th and now 17th to 21st and now it's saying my pre-shipment info was just sent to USPS, that doesn't make sense. I've never had issues with shipping before, I usually have my box by the 15th of the month must be the BB Plus items I got this time?!  :scared:

BB Ship.png

My first box was so good I decided to reactivate one of my other accounts, and it was total dud for me:

Coffee Bean Eye Cream: probably the only thing i will use out of it, although i have a backlog of eyecreams atm

Mally Beauty High Shine Liquid Lipstick pen in Mauvelous: I am not big on lipsticks, and this isn't a shade that looks like it would be flattering on me

Malin+Goetz cleanser/moisturizer: I am swamped with cleansers, and I have such sensitive skin I am afraid to try the moisturizer

dr brandt pores no more cleanser: Really? Two facial cleansers? I'd have preferred perfume, tbh

rusk elixir mist: I don't straighten my hair, and the reviews seem to indicate that is what it is for. Blah.

While I didn't get dupes, this is a month I'd have preferred some overlap in the boxes since the box on my regular account was so awesome.

Awww...shipping went from the September 15th-16th then 17th-18th and now 17th to 21st and now it's saying my pre-shipment info was just sent to USPS, that doesn't make sense. I've never had issues with shipping before, I usually have my box by the 15th of the month must be the BB Plus items I got this time?!  :scared:
Oh sorry, your tracking is messed up :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I usually receive my package within 1-2 business days maximum after the status is "pre-shipment info sent to USPS". After this point I always had better luck with tracking through USPS website. Did you try it yet? There is a good chance your box was transferred to your local USPS today and will be out for delivery tomorrow.

I just got my box and if anyone wants another 20% off code, let me know! I already placed an order in the shop this month and do not need another :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Out of topic, I had to post this :D   :rotfl:

iliner.jpg

Edit: Well, I had to modify the original image a little to make it PG.

Last edited by a moderator:
My first box was so good I decided to reactivate one of my other accounts, and it was total dud for me:

Coffee Bean Eye Cream: probably the only thing i will use out of it, although i have a backlog of eyecreams atm

Mally Beauty High Shine Liquid Lipstick pen in Mauvelous: I am not big on lipsticks, and this isn't a shade that looks like it would be flattering on me

Malin+Goetz cleanser/moisturizer: I am swamped with cleansers, and I have such sensitive skin I am afraid to try the moisturizer

dr brandt pores no more cleanser: Really? Two facial cleansers? I'd have preferred perfume, tbh

rusk elixir mist: I don't straighten my hair, and the reviews seem to indicate that is what it is for. Blah.

While I didn't get dupes, this is a month I'd have preferred some overlap in the boxes since the box on my regular account was so awesome.
the cleanser has a low pH level - 5.5 to 6!!

Today is customer appreciation day at BB. They have items for 5, 10 and 15 for both the men's and women's shop. It reminds me of that 4th of July sale, yes it's all marked down, but it's nothing I really want.

Back