Birchbox September 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my box early this month! I will use everything. The 100% eye cream is in a nice size tube! Hair mask is 1 oz and sealed so I haven't smelled it yet. Brow pencil is tiny but that's ok. It's nice to try it. I like the wild fire perfume. Concealer crayon will get used. Color looks ok for me but I haven't tried it yet because I have some others I want to finish first. I feel like this was a balanced box and it was all pretty exciting. They are products I will use and they will last me a while.
i really love that eye cream! i bought it full size a couple months back and it smells amazing! lol hope you like it

That was one of the reasons I decided to just go with one box this month. If I sent Birchbox a photo of a Barbie doll sitting at her vanity table, inside her dreamhouse, with a tiny Lorde and Berry eyeliner, microscopic tube of Jane Iredale lipstain and an itty bitty The Balm bronzer, perhaps they might take the hint about small unusable samples.
I was a bit shocked when I saw this brow pencil. In my old days I used to throw my pencils away when they become that small! :-/

my box was shipped on the 4th but hasnt left their facility, expected delivery is the 12th. yea thats not happening lol

I got both my Birchboxes today! My primary account has the Anastasia brown pencil and it is super tiny. The 100% pure eye cream though is a .3 oz tube, it's good size and the Keratin Protein Mask is pretty big too. The Raw Spirit Wild Fire perfume is the most interesting thing I've gotten in a long time lol I kind of like it. It's woodsy yet sweet. 

My 2nd account had the awesome 7 product box Davines shampoo and conditioner, Malin + Goetz cleanser and moisturizer (but the moisturizer is a foil packet), Rituals Happy Buddha shower gel, Pop eye shadow trio and Nerd mask. I'll probably only swap the Pop eyeshadow out of it, super happy with this box since it has 7 samples to review. 

My box arrived this morning, all are good sized (except for foils):
bb_sept.PNG

Malin+Goetz cleanser = 15 ml tube (value = $2),

Malin+Goetz face moisturizer = 3 ml foil (value = $1.15),

Davines Love shampoo = 75 ml bottle (value = $7.4),

Davines Love conditioner = 12 ml foil (value = $1.4),

Acure cleansing gel = 30 ml tube (value = $2.5),

100% Pure eye cream = 8 ml tube (value = $7.5),

Japonesque eye shadow duo = 1.6 g (value = $12).

I seem to have the best Birchboxes during September, last year was a great 7 item box too :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I never seem to find anybody that's a box twin with me, but I'm finding people on instagram with select items that are similar and this may be my best box yet, and I'm so excited because it shipped and should be here by my birthday!

My "your box" page still hasn't switched over from August.. is that weird? I feel like it's weird.. This hasn't ever happened to me before.. I do have shipping info.

My "your box" page still hasn't switched over from August.. is that weird? I feel like it's weird.. This hasn't ever happened to me before.. I do have shipping info.
Yep me too. I was actually about to post about this. Hope it changes soon!

They ended up giving me 50 extra points for sending me the same sample twice. Sending me the same thing twice would make sense if I said I loved it but when you say you hate it and they send it to you twice it makes you wonder what good it does to review your products. 

I just can't win. I usually don't pick a sample, but I've been ending up with crappy boxes that way, and I always get the sample choice I'd least like. So this month, I pick the Davines because out of all the choices it's the only one I wanted at all. Of course as boxes start to populate I see that the two samples I really would have liked - the Modelco lipstick ( seriously, I've been a subscriber for over 4 years and have somehow NEVER gotten Kitty. It's like they know how bad I want it and are taunting me with it) and Gimme Brow -are in few boxes with the Davines. Figures. Anyway, here's what I got:

-Malin + Goetz grapefruit face Cleanser

*Bonus packet of M+G face moisturizer

-Acure Organics facial cleansing gel

(Seriously? Two f-ing face cleanser gels? Wtf.)

-100% Pure coffee bean eye cream

- Davines Love shampoo

*Bonus conditioner

-Japonesque eyeshadow duo shade 09

(Great size, gorgeous packaging, terrible colors for me. Sigh)

@@EricaD meet me on the BB swap list if you want to trade for that Japonesque eyeshadow - those colors would be great for me!! 

My 2nd account box arrived. Still waiting on the main account. 

I'm really pleased with this box in person. The shower foam is a great size. I'll definitely use the shampoo and conditioner. I love eye gels. I'm on the fence about the Manuka cream as I have my established favorites already. I think I'll probably swap it. The Model Co lipstick is great in theory; I just don't do lipstick. I received the color Smitten. That's getting swapped.

FYI for swappers, the lipstick is completely sealed with that shrink wrap type plastic seal that has a perforation you can peel off. 

FullSizeRender.jpg

Meh I'm a bit annoyed that they gave me a measly 50 points for not meeting my sample choice for my main account. I picked the brow pencil, and got a confirmation email, but my box page doesn't reflect it. I emailed Birchbox but they said they were out of the pencils and gave me 50 points. I suppose it's better than nothing. And you ladies have said the pencil is itty bitty.

My upgraded box hasn't officially kicked over to September yet but here's what the cheat shows:

Screen Shot 2015-09-11 at 12.28.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-09-11 at 12.28.24 PM.png

Hah I purposely picked the shampoo so I could get an 8 item box, whoop with a FB or twitter share that's 90 points right there!

I *think* the upgrade items are the bbrowbar Highlighter and Club Clio Waterproof Pen Liner Kill Black. 

Even thought it's black eyeliner, sigh, again, I'm very curious how a waterproof pen liner will stand up to a crossfit class, most nights my eye make is under my eyes and I look like a beat-up drowned raccoon when go to the grocery store after class.

Super glad to hear the 100% pure eye cream isn't a foil packet!

I just can't win. I usually don't pick a sample, but I've been ending up with crappy boxes that way, and I always get the sample choice I'd least like. So this month, I pick the Davines because out of all the choices it's the only one I wanted at all. Of course as boxes start to populate I see that the two samples I really would have liked - the Modelco lipstick ( seriously, I've been a subscriber for over 4 years and have somehow NEVER gotten Kitty. It's like they know how bad I want it and are taunting me with it) and Gimme Brow -are in few boxes with the Davines. Figures. Anyway, here's what I got:

-Malin + Goetz grapefruit face Cleanser

*Bonus packet of M+G face moisturizer

-Acure Organics facial cleansing gel

(Seriously? Two f-ing face cleanser gels? Wtf.)

-100% Pure coffee bean eye cream

- Davines Love shampoo

*Bonus conditioner

-Japonesque eyeshadow duo shade 09

(Great size, gorgeous packaging, terrible colors for me. Sigh)
What colors are the eyeshadow duo?

I think your box looks like a great box, the Acure items are really nice, I've never had one that I didn't really like.

Im getting:

Davines Sea Salt Spray (meh)

Japonesque Velvet Touch Eye Shadow Duo (ugh)

Anastasia Brow Pencil (PYS)

Acure facil cleanser ( yay I love Acure!)

L'Artisan perfume sample (why birchbox why??)

Not a good month for me. I will only keep the Anastasia and the Acure. Plus, apparently the Anastasia is super tiny so Birchbox is killing me this month.

This may be this first box I've gotten where I love EVERYTHING in it:

The Pop shadow trio is a good size with colors I will wear (Sugar plum with grey, plum and olive green)

The Tocca is a decent size and smells really nice

I was super surprised how much I liked the Trestique concealer: it is a good match for my skin tone and goes on smooth

The Rene Furterer Absolue Keratine will get used

And OMG, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Montale Paris Intense Cafe perfume: it is EXACTLY everything I like in a fragrance..I only wish I could get something smaller than a $120 bottle of it. :/

My 2nd account box arrived. Still waiting on the main account. 

I'm really pleased with this box in person. The shower foam is a great size. I'll definitely use the shampoo and conditioner. I love eye gels. I'm on the fence about the Manuka cream as I have my established favorites already. I think I'll probably swap it. The Model Co lipstick is great in theory; I just don't do lipstick. I received the color Smitten. That's getting swapped.

FYI for swappers, the lipstick is completely sealed with that shrink wrap type plastic seal that has a perforation you can peel off. 
Oh, you got Happy Buddha, how nice. Enjoy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This may be this first box I've gotten where I love EVERYTHING in it:

The Pop shadow trio is a good size with colors I will wear (Sugar plum with grey, plum and olive green)

The Tocca is a decent size and smells really nice

I was super surprised how much I liked the Trestique concealer: it is a good match for my skin tone and goes on smooth

The Rene Furterer Absolue Keratine will get used

And OMG, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Montale Paris Intense Cafe perfume: it is EXACTLY everything I like in a fragrance..I only wish I could get something smaller than a $120 bottle of it. :/
Box Twins. I'm very happy with it too!

I got my box today. It's exactly the same as the cheat showed. Although it has 3(!) repeat items, I really like it, so I don't think it's even worth an email to point out that I got 3(!) repeat items.

I just really hope the repeating thing isn't a trend.

Latest posts

Back