DoctorToaster

Birchbox September 2015 (Spoilers)

Birchbox shouldn't send us the same product a second time right? If it's showing in my box now is it possible for it to change? I just joined Birchbox so I'm not sure. 

Edited by Sakura Chiyo

Birchbox shouldn't send us the same product a second time right? If it's showing in my box now is it possible for it to change? I just joined Birchbox so I'm not sure. 

Chiyo-chan- if it is something like Whish shave cream they can send you different scents i.e. one month blueberry, one month grapefruit. If it is the exact same product with no type of variation, i.e. Real Chemistry 3 minute peel, you shouldn't get it twice. More than likely the dupe is a placeholder and your box will change. If you do get the exact same item twice you can write to them and they will probably give you extra points. The cheat isn't always accurate. 

• Like 2

Alrighty I'll wait and see if it changes. It's the same Harvey Prince Hello Perfume I got last month. I reviewed it and said I hated it with a passion! So when I saw it again I had a severe case of frowny face. From what I've seen it seems like Birchbox is determined to push this brand on us. 

Did you see the amazing stash Birchbox intern made over the summer? Even an internship over there would be fine

YES. I will be an over 30 intern for Birchbox. For the sample stash alone, I will gladly do the bottom rung tasks, such as 

• get coffee
  • drop off/pick up drycleaning
  • make clip art-heavy signs in comic sans reminding people not to microwave fish in the breakroom
  • ready the nitrous oxide inhalers that Lorelei or Rachael or whoever is doing the sample choice videos presumably must use in order to muster such a disproportionate level of enthusiasm for tiny Lord and Berry eyeliners and other dubious sample items

Time to get started on my cover letter...

Edited by Jay.Aitch.Gee
  • Like 10

This was what my account shows. Pretty happy with 7 samples!

I used to have an account on here a while ago, but got locked out :( Oh well, I have a new one. Glad to be back :D Here is my box this month, its just alright. Better than last month. I am excited to try the eye pads. 

post-121939-0-17807500-1441319027_thumb.jpg

Edited by cheriejoy

Anyone have a live.com email and having a hard time logging in?  I can log in with my comcast and gmail addresses but the live one just makes the BB website go bonkers.

Anyone have a live.com email and having a hard time logging in?  I can log in with my comcast and gmail addresses but the live one just makes the BB website go bonkers.

My two accounts have both gmail addresses. A few weeks ago I was having difficulty with one (going bonkers) but the other worked just fine. So, I contacted the CS via chat and she changed my password so I was able to log in again. My password was correct, there was no incorrect error given. The page was trying to log in for a long while then timing out.

I think you may have a similar problem and it is not domain related.

Box Twins!!  I can't use the perfume (allergic to rose) and I will swap away the POP trio for something else..

Me too!  Same box!  But let me ask all of you this- I received the Malin and Goetz moisturizer in 2013 (yes, I checked) and I already reviewed that product.  Any thoughts here?  If I email them (you know, when I get the box) will they give me points?  Not sure how this woud work.

Me too! Same box! But let me ask all of you this- I received the Malin and Goetz moisturizer in 2013 (yes, I checked) and I already reviewed that product. Any thoughts here? If I email them (you know, when I get the box) will they give me points? Not sure how this woud work.

Yeah, they'll probably apologize and give you points. But wait to email them until 9/10! No box is safe until the tenth haha!

• Like 4

Me too!  Same box!  But let me ask all of you this- I received the Malin and Goetz moisturizer in 2013 (yes, I checked) and I already reviewed that product.  Any thoughts here?  If I email them (you know, when I get the box) will they give me points?  Not sure how this woud work.

They should give you sorry points too.  I would just email them and let them know that you had already received this exact item (tell them the month & year) in a previous box and that you had already reviewed the product.   Ask them if they can give you the 10 points and maybe sne you another product.  They aren't supposed to send out dups if it isn't a "curated" box.

• Like 1

They should give you sorry points too.  I would just email them and let them know that you had already received this exact item (tell them the month & year) in a previous box and that you had already reviewed the product.   Ask them if they can give you the 10 points and maybe sne you another product.  They aren't supposed to send out dups if it isn't a "curated" box.

thanks!  I will try just that when I can officially look at my box!

My one box shows up as:

100% Pure Organic Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream
POP Beauty POP Portfolio Eyeshadow Palette
trèStiQue Correct & Cover Concealer Crayon
Davines OI / All in One Milk
Davines OI / Conditioner
Davines OI / Shampoo
Harvey Prince Sincerely

I really wish I am not actually receiving these...only 2 out of all these are fine to me...eye cream and concealer

I am actually getting these in one box....but the cuatomer fav featured box products have changed...

that shows up 4 products now instead of 5 that were originally shown in the video....it now shows

PARLOR by Jeff Chastain Moisturizing & Repairing Shampoo
Harvey Prince Hello
Benefit Gimme Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel
Marcelle Mini Waterproof Eyeliner Travel Kit

Me too! Same box! But let me ask all of you this- I received the Malin and Goetz moisturizer in 2013 (yes, I checked) and I already reviewed that product. Any thoughts here? If I email them (you know, when I get the box) will they give me points? Not sure how this woud work.

I received that same product in 2013 as well as the Davines Love shampoo and conditioner a month or 2 before. I have all 3 showing in my box. And I did not choose the shampoo as my sample choice. Birchbox has been a MESS for me the last 2 months.

Woohoo! 7 items this month will bring my points up to 200, sweetness! Not excited for the fragrance (HP has always been way too fragrant for me), but I love getting shampoo/conditioner samples. The eyeshadow palette looks fun, so long as I'm not getting hot pink or some thing crazy like that. Can you see a pale white girl with hot pink eye shadow? Um, no. My PYS this month is ABH, which I already love her products. Caffeinated eye cream? Interesting. I can't stop babbling right now, you'd think I had caffeine this morning! Interested in the milk hair stuff--or, not so much interested as curious. The box itself is beautiful--I'll be displaying that one!  

I wish I worked in your office. There is only one subscriber where I work. She always forgets to pick a sample, never remembers what came in her box and doesn't review anything for points. She never wants to talk about it either.  :(

I have to remind my mom to review her box for points--I'm like, mo-THER, it's free money, why you no use it!?

I just logged on to my mom's account, and it says she's getting ANOTHER Dr. jart pores no more this month (she got one in August too)--is this just a placeholder or did Birchbox screw up? 

When I first signed up for Bichbox I didn't do reviews for points. I was plain ignorant on how the point system worked. I was on Makeuptalk TOO, but still I was sitting there like..."derrrrrr what point system? What reviews....what, what what.....???"

I weep everyday for the months (YASSS MONTHS) of lost points due to my ignorance.  

I signed up in the summer of 2012. And because I am so honest (i.e. idiot) I only reviewed the things I actually tried for the first 7 months. Eventually I went back and counted that I had missed out on 90 points. Which I still miss and want to get back. Sigh. It's like I can't let it go. :w00t:

• Like 2

I just logged on to my mom's account, and it says she's getting ANOTHER Dr. jart pores no more this month (she got one in August too)--is this just a placeholder or did Birchbox screw up? 

They send out different products in the Pores No More line.  I've gotten the mask and the cleanser.

Also, please let this eye cream not be the ketchup packets of the past. I dunno of any of you were around during that fiasco but many a birchbox subscribers were not happy with the packaging of this item.

I just saw the eye cream sample on Instagram and it is in a nice-sized tube with pointy tip (which imo is the best for eye creams). I couldn't see the size in ml, but it seemed bigger than 2 ml Supergoop eye cream tubes.

• Like 2

Protein hair mask. I absolutely love hair masks.

I just saw the photo of this sample on Instagram, it is in a 1 oz jar and looks really nice for travel ;)

• Like 2

The more I look at my September box the more I like it. I'm looking forward to this more than I have in a long time. Purple POP Trio (my PYS), Furterer Leave in Conditioner, trestique concealer crayon, Montale Paris perfume, Tocca Body Scrub. If they are all good sizes I'll be thrilled.

post-101819-0-67532900-1441588130.jpg

I just checked my box. It has the eye shadows, caffinated eye cream, a aminka spray, hp perfume and gimme brow by benefit. Not to bad, but curious about size of gimme brow.

They send out different products in the Pores No More line.  I've gotten the mask and the cleanser.

Both August and Sept show the cleanser :womp womp: I'll probably have to do the customer service chat for her LOL