Krystyn Lowe

Ipsy September 2015 **Spoilers**

Didn't see a September thread, so I started one! :D   Here's to a fab month of awesome stuff!  I'd love a dark berry lipstain or lipstick for fall, not that I don't already have many, but can you really ever have too many lippies??

• Like 2

I'd love to get a berry colored lippie! Last month wasn't too awful when it was actually in my hands, but I'm hoping to get an amazing bag since I think my last amazing bag was in May or April, so if I don't get one soon I'll probably cancel.

I would prefer the NYX. I have two of those trios from Ulta and that shadow is buttery soft with great pigmentation. I got a couple of samples of the new glamglow products from Birchbox and they don't compare to the original mud mask. 

• Like 2

I'm probably the only one, but I'm not excited about either of these. 

I'm with you, I don't like NYX products, I don't get the obsession over them. And Glamglow, eh it's been everywhere lately. 

I love NYX, but I have way too many eyeshadows already (especially neutrals), so I'm hoping for the GlamGlow - unless we could get a different NYX product instead, like a lipstick.

What exactly is glamglow? I'd probably be happy with either one. I know I'm fine getting some eyeshadow.  I have yet to get eyeshadow in either of my bags so far. :) 

@@NoodleRama

Glamglow is a fairly pricey skincare brand. Some people REALLY love it (me) others think it's over-priced.

While I haven't been as impressed with some formulas as others, mostly because they aren't really for my skin type, I LOVE the white and black label masks, (clearing and exfoliating) as well as the eye treatments. I only use one 'bubble' for both eyes, so they last me twice as long as they are technically supposed to. I am currently saving up my birchbox points and waiting for a really good coupon to get a full-size of the clearing mud, since I will agree $70 for a little tub of mud is it much. They also have cleansers, which I like more than most, but certainly wouldn't pay retail for.

That said, I like both of those samples, so given my track record with ipsy, I will get neither. :rolleyes:
ETA: it looks like the orange label is the new brightening mask with white birch leaf, white wild rose flower, lactic acid derived from sugarcane, and white peony root. I will gladly give it a go.

Edited by artemiss
  • Like 1

What exactly is glamglow? I'd probably be happy with either one. I know I'm fine getting some eyeshadow.  I have yet to get eyeshadow in either of my bags so far. :)

The original glamglow was a mud/clay mask supposedly invented for movie stars.  The orange bottle in the spoilers looks like flash mud. According to Sephora it brightens and exfoliates. Some of the newer types aren't mud masks, but imo have the consistency of babyfood. I do like the original mud masks. 

Artemiss- have you ever tried the Tarte clay mask? I got a sample and liked it a lot. It's less expensive and doesn't make you look like Biff in Back to the Future while you are wearing it. 

Edited by Noel S.
  • Like 1

Artemiss- have you ever tried the Tarte clay mask? I got a sample and liked it a lot. It's less expensive and doesn't make you look like Biff in Back to the Future while you are wearing it. 

I have not, but I will keep an eye out for it. So far, the closest I've found as far as results is the Origins out of trouble mask, which is fairly inexpensive, but the camphor smell is just overwhelming..like I've smeared grandma's campho-phenique all over my face. :blink2:

I also received a NYX trio from Ipsy but it was March 2014. I think everyone got one that month? Knowing Ipsy I doubt that would qualify as a dupe. I love Ipsy but I cringe when they put Glamglow in a bag. It drives the complaining up exponentially.

• Like 1

Excited for that spoiler! I love Glamglow, but I will say they are very pricey for the amount you get. NYX is one brand of many that I can't get near me unless online, and I have only have a couple of things by them from subscription boxes. The Flashmud is new to me, so I think I would actually rather get that now that I think about it, but I would be happy if I got NYX too!

This spoiler is giving me hope that my Ipsy bags will start to get better, these last couple of months have made me feel like canceling my subscription!

Edited by Queennie

I am ok with either.  I have never tried NYX before and I am up to eyeballs with eye sets.  The GlamGlow eheh, I like the orange packaging.  This is my last month of Ipsy, I have too much and I am being overrun with everything.