Ipsy September 2015 **Spoilers**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bag twins!

I was excited for the shadow until I got the Pop trio in my Birchbox, and those colors are so close, and probably a better match than this that I will likely not keep it.

I can't wear most lipsticks, so that's a bust for me

And I have the same issue with brow products, so that will likely be a bust,(note to the OP: if you are looking for something that works well for redheads, I have an NYX powder duo+gel in auburn I purchased that I LOVE, it has a light and dark auburn powder, and while I only use the darker one, they are a GREAT match and don't look too dark or fake)

The other stuff, eh, I will try it, but I don't see me keeping this sub once my year is up.
I thought the Pop trio in the Birchbox was purple (or at least mine is)? The colors in the Nyx look very brown to me. They are all good shades for me so I will keep them (even though I don't know why, I have 6 big palettes that need to be used and a drawer full of other stuff). 

I'm really hoping the lipstick is like KVD matte. They are probably some of the best lip sticks I own so it's what I tend to compare things to. 

I use Just For Redheads brow products. They are as close to perfect as I'm going to get (maybe a tad bit dark if I apply heavily). I find that a lot of drugstore and high end stuff seems to be a better color match for dyed red hair rather than real. I haven't tried the Nyx though. I went through a phase of using taupe colors because my brows are actually a very fair blonde as are my lashes. However like I said it's ashy and looks so weird with bright copper hair. All the beauty things I've read over the years have lied to me, they always just told me to just use what blondes use. Unless you are a strawberry blonde (as in more blonde than red) I don't think that works at all though. 

I been subscribed to Ipsy for almost a year now. I really like them still. I tend to get what I want more often than not. At the very least I get one of the best possible selections out of the sneak peeks for me. It makes me wonder if I'm just lucky or if it has to do with the way most people answer the quiz.. I've also wondered if when you rate something low they keep sending you things from that brand to try and change your opinion. I recently just started trying out Birchbox and am very underwhelmed by my itty bitty baby samples. I think the only reason I haven't canceled them is because of the points program. Though this month is better size wise they sent me a duplicate perfume. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I still haven't received shipping confirmation, which it weird. Could it be because I cancelled? I cancelled after they charged me and got my glam room to load and everything, so I'm supposed to still get my September bag, but it's weird that I haven't gotten a shipped email yet. 

I still haven't received shipping confirmation, which it weird. Could it be because I cancelled? I cancelled after they charged me and got my glam room to load and everything, so I'm supposed to still get my September bag, but it's weird that I haven't gotten a shipped email yet. 
I never got a shipping notice, but I got my bag today! I feel more often then not I get my tracking after I get my bag so I wouldn't worry.

I just got my shipping noticed today and when I opened it, it said it was delivered today! Whoohoo!

I got my bag yesterday and I really like it alot! The value is pretty good too around $32!

-NYX Eyeshadow trio. Meh these aren't super pigmented and I have a billion shades like this already.

-Formula X Nail Polish in Ignite. I was so excited to receive this! I put it on immediately and it is more of a purpley red color then a burgundy, still pretty but I was so hoping for a burgundy :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

-Glamglow Brightening Treatment. This is almost 1/3 the size of a full size! That's awesome! I really wanted to get this and I'm so happy I did!

-JCAT Bronze Eyeliner. It's really pretty and I don't have any eyeliners in this exact shade so that's nice.

-Not Soap Radio Lotion. This smells just like coconut milk and I love it! They are one of my favorite brands so I was so happy to recieve this!

This was a great Ipsy month! I hope they keep it up!

I got my Ipsy bag today and dislike it so much. I don't like the cheap brands they keep sending out, I got City Color, J.Cat and NYX all in one bag. I know some people love NYX, I don't, it's alright but nothing I'd ever pay for. The J.Cat eyeliner was in a gorgeous shade, I just don't use pencil eyeliners. I also got the Not Soap Radio lotion that does smell really nice and light, but usually dislike lotions in my monthly bag or BB. I also got the Trust Fund nail polish in Elegantly Wasted, which is a nice high value item, except I hate getting nail polish in bags and hate the color. I don't like pastels at all, prefer dark colors, jewel tones. I don't know why I hang onto Ipsy, probably because it's only $10 a month and still praying for a great bag. 

I got my Ipsy bag today and dislike it so much. I don't like the cheap brands they keep sending out, I got City Color, J.Cat and NYX all in one bag. I know some people love NYX, I don't, it's alright but nothing I'd ever pay for. The J.Cat eyeliner was in a gorgeous shade, I just don't use pencil eyeliners. I also got the Not Soap Radio lotion that does smell really nice and light, but usually dislike lotions in my monthly bag or BB. I also got the Trust Fund nail polish in Elegantly Wasted, which is a nice high value item, except I hate getting nail polish in bags and hate the color. I don't like pastels at all, prefer dark colors, jewel tones. I don't know why I hang onto Ipsy, probably because it's only $10 a month and still praying for a great bag. 
I agree with you on the brands: I'd rather have tiny samples of high-end products I'll actually use than full-size no-name ones I'm afraid to.

The cream blush sample is SO small!

11990487_10208284229330217_5993857510169557540_n.jpg11225384_10208284228850205_8994993131688043485_n.jpg12009720_10208284229090211_5146077959232981354_n.jpg

Luckily everything else appears to be full size.

12027779_10208284419014959_812910769856433813_n.jpg

Just need to vent for a sec and here is as good as anywhere. I used the Ipsy discount on the Jcat site because they have these new gel nail polishes in some great fall colors and I had been looking to get some new ones for fall. I received my order today and I could smell nail polish before I even opened it. One of the polishes opened and spilled out some on itself and one other bottle. I sent them an email and they sent back an email with very poor grammar and spelling saying to give back the product and they will replace it. I am not going to pay to ship back a $4 polish so I guess I am stuck with a half empty bottle. I used the Saturn color and it is fabulous but I don't think I will be ordering from them again.

Saiza message me if you'd like to trade your Trust Fund Polish! I wanted it this month and last!

I'm pretty sure this was my fourth bag now. My first one was great, but I haven't been too impressed since. I'll probably give them to the 6th month mark and if it doesn't improve then I'm canceling. 

fljbkh.jpg

pretty pumped for mine this time around! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I got the same bag. I'm not super excited but am happy over all.
For those of you upset about getting the NYX shadow because you don't have that selected or already received one I'm pretty sure everyone got it this time. Occasionally Ipsy has products everyone receives, there is no opting out.

I got the same bag. I'm not super excited but am happy over all.

For those of you upset about getting the NYX shadow because you don't have that selected or already received one I'm pretty sure everyone got it this time. Occasionally Ipsy has products everyone receives, there is no opting out.
The reason people are upset with the eye shadow is because you were possibly going to receive the Nyx eye shadow or the GLAMGLOW product. Many wanted the GLAMGLOW but didn't get it. They seem to like to use coveted products everybody wants (probably to lure more subscribers) but then don't actually have that many of them. 

I didn't really care either way. I'd try it if they sent it to me but I have gotten GLAMGLOW products in past bags. It just seems like hype to me and my skin didn't like it. However I do best with dermatologist prescribed medications and Paula's Choice products. Most other skin care products don't impress me much, though the ACURE scrub I received was actually pretty nice. 

The only products I'm slightly bummed about not getting were the Trust Fund Polish and the J. Cat Beauty eye pencil simply because I love both of those colors. They have the pencil in the points section right now but I quite frankly don't want to use my points on something that cheap (with the ipsy code it's not even $2). I'm slightly curious about what the Temptu would look like on my fair skin and what the Not Soap, Radio smells like though.

The reason people are upset with the eye shadow is because you were possibly going to receive the Nyx eye shadow or the GLAMGLOW product. Many wanted the GLAMGLOW but didn't get it. They seem to like to use coveted products everybody wants (probably to lure more subscribers) but then don't actually have that many of them. 

I didn't really care either way. I'd try it if they sent it to me but I have gotten GLAMGLOW products in past bags. It just seems like hype to me and my skin didn't like it. However I do best with dermatologist prescribed medications and Paula's Choice products. Most other skin care products don't impress me much, though the ACURE scrub I received was actually pretty nice. 

The only products I'm slightly bummed about not getting were the Trust Fund Polish and the J. Cat Beauty eye pencil simply because I love both of those colors. They have the pencil in the points section right now but I quite frankly don't want to use my points on something that cheap (with the ipsy code it's not even $2). I'm slightly curious about what the Temptu would look like on my fair skin and what the Not Soap, Radio smells like though.
The Not Soap, Radio smells like coconut! But it's a very light scent and even after applying it all over my body I can't really smell it.

Edit: I can't spell.

It does seem like my odds of getting the NYX vs getting glamglow were like 80:20. I actually was in the minority and wanted the trio because it looked like a dupe of some bronze shadow I used to own in high school and haven't seen in years. 

On a slightly related note the actual ipsy bag smelled really awful this month.  :wacko:

I got that pencil in my bag and I love it. It's very firm which I would normally say is bad but this one somehow works. No tugging or pulling, it creates a really tight line and the color? Lovely. It's a true bronze with no sparkle which is very hard to find in a metal.

I got that pencil in my bag and I love it. It's very firm which I would normally say is bad but this one somehow works. No tugging or pulling, it creates a really tight line and the color? Lovely. It's a true bronze with no sparkle which is very hard to find in a metal.
Yeah, I think I'm just going to buy it. I also love the Liptitude 24/7 Hydrating Lip Stain. I got it a few bags back but would love it in a color that's not pink. I'm thinking about ordering the colors Lipbanging and Scandalous. They also have the cutest blush with a kitty in the center! 

Back