Ipsy September 2015 **Spoilers**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Early access is up. Of course, with all the lip options, I'm getting the nude one that will make me look like death. And nail polish I don't really want in a color I have a million dupes for. The NYX is fine and will make a good quick and easy look or gift for someone. I really wanted the glam glow (of course) because in my 2.5 years of subscription I have never received a glam glow product from ipsy. I also wanted to try the EM brow stuff since I have really liked all the products I've tried from that line.

The only thing I'm really excited for this month is the first aid beauty repair cream. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

wMtFiB6l.png

Surprised early access was put up today!

I'm getting:

Pixi brow powder trio (not a huge brow product fan, but I'll try it)

Evelyn Iona cream blush in ash (yay!)

trestique mini matte lip crayon (hope its not the color pictured.. ew)

Octavio argan oil (ok.. I have so many hair oils though, no joke)

Glam glow flashmud (YASSS)

pretty good bag, probably the only reason I'm happy about it is the glam glow  :lol:

I am getting NYX eyeshadow, first aid cream, trust fund nail, bronze eyeliner andexfoliating cleanser. Really wanted the glamglow and a lipstick. I don't end have any eye products checked on my profile and I always give bad reviews for those items.

I don't know what I did to deserve this bag:

NYX eyeshadow- not checked on quiz, keep poorly reviewing and keep receiving eye shadows. Seriously, I just got the Nikka K one in July!

Liptini lipstick- not checked on quiz, poor reviews especially when I get dark lipsticks

Temptu highlighter- praying I like this product so I get one usable item

Formula X nail polish in Ignite- I wanted the Trust Fund Polish last month. I wanted the Trust Fund Polish this month. Thanks for sending the same shade you sent me last September Ipsy. This is a slap in the face.

Garnier Fructis- flat iron cream?? I don't even have words for this one.

Eff my September Ipsy bag.

Sorry for ranting but it soooo helps to vent! I hope you all have better bags!

I'm getting:

City Color Lipstick

Nyx eyeshadow trio

Pixi brow powder

First Aid Beauty repair cream

Octavio hair oil

I wanted a non nude lipstick (so that was a success), bronze liner, & glam glow. I'm annoyed about the hair oil, but I did get two full size products, and I've always wanted to try the first aid beauty cream...so I can't complain too much..

Last edited by a moderator:
@@Tiffanytinsw I understand your ranting! I reviewed trestique pretty poorly, and was hoping not to get another thing from that brand... I think I need to revisit the quiz though

I'm getting:

Pixi Brow Powder Trio

NYX Eyeshadow Trio

Liptini Lipstick in Starlet Cocktail

Temptu Highlighter in Champagne Shimmer

Vasanti Brighten Up! Exfoliating Cleanser

I'm happy with my September Bag! 

Surprised that the early access is up too!

This is what I am getting this month:

NYX ipsy Eye Shadow Trio - Glad to finally get an eye shadow as I have it selected on my quiz, and tell them I love eye shadows when I review products, and have not received one from Ipsy for multiple months

tre'StiQue Mini Matte Lip Cryaon - First of all, I hate matte colors (Well at least 90% of the time because my lips get so chapped)! And this colour as @@sarahtyler said, will make me look DEAD! I hope it is a better colour than what is being shown here.

Formula X Nail Color in Ignite - I think I might already have this exact polish, and if not, then at least some dupes

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream - Thank to PopSugarMustHaves, I already have a massive container of this, which I do not think will ever become empty.

ClariSEA Rapid Detox Charcoal Exfoilant - Excited about this one for sure! 

So, out of my bag the only thing I am excited for is the ClariSEA Rapid Detox Charcoal Exfoilant, and maybe the NYX trio if it has good pigmentation. I am actually surprised that they are sending me this, as I have a trio from NYX that Ipsy sent me awhile ago in a bag.

I would have been super excited about the FAB Ultra Repair Cream, but since I already own it is not that exciting. Same with the polish goes here too.

I really hope that the lip crayon will be better than what I am thinking of what it will be on my right now, which is of a drying concealer stick being rubbed on my lips.

@Tobygirl   I'm getting the same bag as you. I get the whole mask thing, I would have liked one of those as well.  However after that, I looked at all the options and there weren't very many things I would have wanted more.  I think the options were just pretty bad this month.  I usually go through the other options and compare with what I got.  And the truth is I wasn't going to be that happy no matter what. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I am getting the NYX eye shadow and this was the only thing I was excited about. I own two of the NYX trios. They are super pigmented and buttery soft. The trick is don't use their applicator (set it aside for nail art projects or something).This appears to be a set just for Ipsy. If I had seen these colors when Ulta had it's NYX 40% off I would have grabbed it. 

I don't know what professional makeup artists or dermatologists would think of this but I've been using nude crayons as eye shadow primer. This was something I discovered when I mixed up my jelly pong pong pen with a lipstick crayon Ipsy sent me in August. It didn't crease and held the color all day. 

@Tobygirl I'm getting the same bag as you. I get the whole mask thing, I would have liked one of those as well. However after that, I looked at all the options and there weren't very many things I would have wanted more. I think the options were just pretty bad this month. I usually go through the other options and compare with what I got. And the truth is I wasn't going to be that happy no matter what.
@@tamberella I do the same thing :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You're right - the options were not good this month (besides the masks ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )

I will be canceling after my year is over in November - after 1.5 years I think it's time for Ipsy and I to part ways

I'm planning on canceling Ipsy after this month, but my last bag is not too bad. None of their selections really were that interesting to me but I can at least use most of these: 

NYX eye shadow trio
Jcat beauty waterproof slide on eye pencil in bronze
Trust fund beauty nail polish in Elegantly Wasted
City Color cosmetics Be Bold 3x mascara in black
Not Soap Radio hand and body lotion

The one thing I don't want is lipsticks, I have this in my profile and what do I always get....lipstick! I think this may be my last bag with Ipsy, will just have to see what this month brings. I keep hoping my bags will improve. 
I'd kill for a lip gloss or lipstick, that's all I really want and never get. I keep getting eye liners and nail polishes which I don't want at all. I keep changing my quiz and it's just getting worse. September's bag looks awful. 

I'm planning on canceling Ipsy after this month, but my last bag is not too bad. None of their selections really were that interesting to me but I can at least use most of these: 

NYX eye shadow trio
Jcat beauty waterproof slide on eye pencil in bronze
Trust fund beauty nail polish in Elegantly Wasted
City Color cosmetics Be Bold 3x mascara in black
Not Soap Radio hand and body lotion
I'm getting the same bag as you, not excited at all, kind of mad about the cheap brands. All I want is lip products and never get them. I'm super tired of NYX, J.Cat and City Color. Contemplating canceling but then I never do for some reason. 

NYX shadows: could be hit or miss. I haven't been impressed with their shadows in the past. So I'm keeping expectations low.

Naobay moisturizer: Unexciting but I will use it if it's good.

Acure scrub: I like this brand. I have this already and I have a lot of exfoliators right now. Wish it was the cleanser cause I just ran out.

Evelyn iona blush: fun to get but will I use it?!? I almost always forget cream blush until it's too late.

Bronze liner: I have a lot of liners but not a good bronze and I'm fond of metallics so I will try this.

I'm not angry at this bag and I'm not ecstatic. If I get my point perk in this bag I'm likely going through with my cancel but if not I might stay for one last October bag..

I'm getting the following: Screenshot_2015-09-08-05-36-42.pngScreenshot_2015-09-08-05-36-53.png

Not too excited to get most of the items. NYX Eyeshadow seems okay. I'm excited to try the sleeping pack, but that's about it. I think this is my last month. It's not worth it anymore, especially considering I've to pay extra for shipping and foreign exchange rate

I really love the sleeping mask. I got it in another sample box - sample society/allure maybe. 

I'm getting over my angst about the bag this month. My items really aren't bad - there weren't a lot of exciting choices this month, and I'm just butthurt that I didn't get the things that stood out to me. 

Back